• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix/Tucson NSXer's what's next?

yeah i;m open to either date...but let's decide pretty soon, so rosy won't kill me for making all NSX plans and no husband wife plans... we have to line up babysitters and all that crap...

I'd do a drive, but would kinda prefer a backyard or park thing so my daughter can come....if it's a drive, i can't fit my wife and daughter in the 'X, unless I'm at home..
:D

Okay, I have consulted the Magic 8 Ball and it has advised that we should drive on the Fourth. As for the "spirited drive" I don't know where to go around here. Just throwing out ideas, how far is Bartlet Lake, or Roosevelt Dam? White Tanks? South Mountain? If anyone has ideas spew them out.

PHOEN$X said:
Okay, I have consulted the Magic 8 Ball and it has advised that we should drive on the Fourth. As for the "spirited drive" I don't know where to go around here. Just throwing out ideas, how far is Bartlet Lake, or Roosevelt Dam? White Tanks? South Mountain? If anyone has ideas spew them out.

Vegas, baby, Vegas!

A "spirited drive" and a get together on the 4th fits right in with my plans for NSXPO. The Phoenix area on the 4th and then on to... If I keep this up, I will be driving every weekend.

What's up guys?

IDRC is on the same weekend, anyone interesting in going, I'll be there all day on the 5th.

I'll come hang out with ya on the 4th.:)

So, what's the plan?

-Yvonne

allright, i guess it's the 4th then... hmm. how hard do you guys drive on your runs? i'm still learning what i can do in mine without losing control...

and how far? do i need to stock my car with an ice cooler of drinks and fill the tank first?

peiserg said:
allright, i guess it's the 4th then... hmm. how hard do you guys drive on your runs? i'm still learning what i can do in mine without losing control...

and how far? do i need to stock my car with an ice cooler of drinks and fill the tank first?

Generally we don't drop below 140 mph, even if the cops are on our tail! ;)

There is a track event on Oct 4 at Arizona Motorsports Park for those who want a real "spirited" drive.

Okay, I guess the 4th works for everyone.. I'd be more of a spectator than a participant at a track event; on the other hand AZ Motorsports Park is on my side of town. :D

How about a scenic drive on Apache Trail to Tortilla Flat until the pavement ends? I don't have the time to get the club radios this time, so we'll have to do without unless someone wants to get them.

Let me know how this sounds. I've been extremely busy with work lately so I won't be able to organize this event in depth like the Sedona drive; we'll have to play it more by ear this time.

PHOEN$X said:
How about a scenic drive on Apache Trail to Tortilla Flat until the pavement ends?

That looks like a good drive! (plus it's on my side of town ;))

I don't have the time to get the club radios this time, so we'll have to do without unless someone wants to get them.

I can do it, if you give me some details about "how" to do it. :D And of course, I'd need a list of who is going and if they need a radio...blah, blah, blah.

I've been extremely busy with work lately so I won't be able to organize this event in depth like the Sedona drive; we'll have to play it more by ear this time.

What, no printed maps, stops to visit Jesus, or a gourmet lunch?! ;)

Lon

i'll wear a long hair wig, and you can pretend i'm jesus.

those locales are OK with me... is it more attractive than sedona? i've be outta town for 12 years, but IIRC, sedona is gorgeous... not to mention 40mi on the other side of town:D

oh, BTW, what time to what time? since this isn't a BBQ in a backyard anymore, i have to give my wife some time line when i'll be gone... i'd prefer relatively early, like 9-10AM or something vs. 5pm.. but lemme know..

LonVarscsak said:
I can do it, if you give me some details about "how" to do it. :D And of course, I'd need a list of who is going and if they need a radio...blah, blah, blah.
Thanks for volunteering to do this, Lon. I PM'ed you the indo. I will need one, thanks.
LonVarscsak said:
What, no printed maps, stops to visit Jesus, or a gourmet lunch?! ;)
Hey we could always stop by a temple in Mesa, any Mormons among us? :p
peiserg said:
oh, BTW, what time to what time? since this isn't a BBQ in a backyard anymore, i have to give my wife some time line when i'll be gone... i'd prefer relatively early, like 9-10AM or something vs. 5pm.. but lemme know..
9AM sounds good to me, that's when we started last time. We could still do a BBQ, or just meet for breakfast. What do you East Valley people think? Anyone willing to host at or near their place in a location central to all (or at least on the way)? I'm open to doing something near me, but then you East Valley ppl would have to drive out of your way.

Regardless, I'd like to caravan to the meet with other fellow West Siders who are interested. Thanks.

I'm in and I need a radio. 9 AM is a good time for me...don't have to get up too early.

I would say you could do the BBQ at my place but I don't think anybody would come ;)

We could have lunch afterwards at Hong Kong Buffet. That was pretty good, right PHOEN$X!

so we're gonna meet about 9-10am at some place and start stuffing our respective faces, and then head out, keerect? just restating the obvious to hear myself think..:D just verifying time here cause i want to pick up a friend at 56th street and Shea before heading there..

Cool...i recall a place in tempe called "chompies" (i think,..) near ASU that is a full restaurant but with a ton of good deli style stuff

peiserg said:
so we're gonna meet about 9-10am at some place and start stuffing our respective faces, and then head out, keerect?
Sounds good to me. :) Do you want to caravan together?
peiserg said:
Cool...i recall a place in tempe called "chompies" (i think,..) near ASU that is a full restaurant but with a ton of good deli style stuff
Got any sushi? :D J/k, as long as they have seafood/vegetarian stuff and plenty of parking it's fine with me. I'm guessing parking on Saturday morning at ASU shouldn't be a problem? ;)
Originally posted by TucAZNSX
We could have lunch afterwards at Hong Kong Buffet. That was pretty good, right PHOEN$X!
Yup, I'm going to clean out the oysters and sushi bar. :D

It sounds like the decisions that have been made are:
When 09:00 to whenever
What Drive and eat somewhere before and/or after
Where ???

I will be staying w/ my bro in Scottsdale but will need more info as to the where (the address of the meeting place would be nice).

I need a radio, put me down for one. Sandra and I will be coming :) TucAZNSX, have you seen or talked to any of the other Tucson NSX owners? We can go up together that morning. See you all soon.

Nik

Back