• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix/Tucson NSXer's what's next?

Nik,

I am glad to hear you can make it! I have not heard from any of the other Tucson NSXer's but I will send a private message to them. I know of brickdds, NSXpnsv, & tucsonsx. See you on the 4th!

the mills does sound like a good idea, assuming we are hopping on the 60...pleeeeeeeenty of parking... and real close to I-10

Okay by reading through this post, the people I see as affirmative for this drive are as follows: (Please post if otherwise)

TucAZNSX - Yes, Needs Radio
mbartlett4 - Yes, Has Own Radio
nik3sgte - Yes, Needs Radio
scNSXgirl - Yes, Radio?
peiserg - Yes, Needs Radio
Phoen$x - Yes, Needs Radio
LonVarscsak - Yes, Organizing Radios
WhooHoo - Yes, Needs Radio
v8killer - Yes, Radio?
Paul Dalton - Yes, Has Own Radio
Syonara - Probably
SCS2K - Maybe
FlyNLow - Yes, Needs Radio
Brian Kim - Yes, Needs Radio
NSXlent in az - Yes, Needs Radio

Where in the world is MYNSX!!!:confused: He is always up for these drives and what would a drive be like without him! :D

Last edited:
count me in.

I am up for the 4th however I will be breaking in my new motor.Is this run going to be a spirited one?

Syonara - I am glad to see that you are back to driving! Yes, the drive is scheduled for October 4th. Are you going to need a radio?

v8killer - I don't want to speak for everybody, but we can take it easy since your breaking in your new motor and just enjoy the scenery. Of course there might be a little bit of "spirited" driving but since we will have the radios, we will easily be able to communicate so we can stay together.

I have edited the list in the above post.

What's the cost of the radio? and does it matter what the brand is? I'll take one I guess, as long as it's reasonable:D

hmm, i'm not breaking in my engine, but not sure how hard i'll drive it... i'm still in the "dusting it off every nite in the garage" phase! :D :D

I think Lon is organizing the radios. We rented them for the Sedona drive and I believe they were $9 or $10 for the day. They were well worth it. It really helped us get through the areas with stop lights on our drive.

peiserg said:
What's the cost of the radio? and does it matter what the brand is?
The info on the club radios is here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Resources/clubradios.htm

TucAZNSX, good work putting the list together. Looks like it will be a good turnout. :) I have been in contact with Paul Dalton, and he would like to join us as well. He did express a concern about weekend boat traffic on that road, so we'll have to see how it goes.

As far as how spirited a drive this will be, I'd say we probably won't push it too hard due to the close proximity to town, and weekend lake traffic. I plan to focus on the scenery, and avoiding getting in trouble with the authorities & angry bikers. :D

So Mills is going to be it unless someones comes up with a better alternative. We can decide whether to eat before and/or afterwards too, in the next couple of weeks.

v8killer, you want to caravan with me and peiserg? mbartlett4, would you like to meet up with us as well in Scottsdale?

Last edited:
mbartlett4 said:
That would be great. Just say where and when. My bro lives just south of Carefree (sp).
Holy smokes, you're up late (or a real earlybird!). We'll let you know as the date draws closer. Now it's my bed time. :D

PHOEN$X said:
Holy smokes, you're up late (or a real earlybird!). We'll let you know as the date draws closer. Now it's my bed time. :D
Actually I'm an early bird. It's 07:15 here and I have been up for 3 hrs. already.

Last edited:
TucAZNSX said:
Paul Dalton - Yes, Radio?

Where in the world is MYNSX!!!:confused: He is always up for these drives and what would a drive be like without him! :D
Paul has his own radio. I think MYNSX might be in St. Louis or somewhere for a plumber's convention right now. :D Maybe Seth can get a hold of him..

peiserg said:
i doubt the 5 and diner is open at 9-10am???

guess i'll take the radio!

Yea, they will be open, they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. There's also a the infamous Wafftle House right across the street.:D

PHOEN$X said:
Paul has his own radio. I think MYNSX might be in St. Louis or somewhere for a plumber's convention right now. :D Maybe Seth can get a hold of him..

I sent him a private message and he didn't even see the thread. I gave him the info and he will let us know if he can join us for the drive. If I don't hear from him, I will give him a call.

I plan on going to the race track that day if my race car is done on time, if not, I'll join you all for the drive.

Hello All. Count me in for a drive on the 4th. I look forward to meeting everyone. Also, count me in for a radio. Krispy Kreme's sound good to me.

FlyNLow - We look forward to meeting you also. I have added you to the list for the 4th.

I have been updating the list above. It looks like we are going to have a really good turnout. As of right now, the plans are as follows:

What: An Exciting NSX Drive!
When: Saturday, October 4th
Where: Meet at Arizona Mills and Drive to Tortolita Flat
Time: 9:00 AM

I will try to be organized like PHOEN$X was for the Sedona Drive. This drive should be a lot of fun!

i might need some cell #'s so if i'm running late in the AM you guys don't bail without me, altho if we are having chow first, i doubt it would be a problem...

So, I'm caravanning with Phoenix and one other NSX-er? sounds good.

Hey everyone!

Me and Chris are still really bummed out we can meet up with all you guys (working day and night getting cars ready for NSXPO still)...
but anyway, we recently met a new NSXer with a black 97 targa...His name is Brian...he reads Prime but does not have a User name, so he can not post under this thread yet but he would like to join all of you on the 4th... I told him I would post on his behalf and one of you super nice people could give him a call or shoot him an email letting him know any details. His email is [email protected] if you would like to call him PM me for his number.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully we can all get together again soon after NSXPO!

Take Care
-Seth

Seth - I emailed Brian and gave him the info. Hopefully he will join us. It is alway nice to meet new NSXer's. I am sorry to hear that you and Chris will not be able to join us.

Hope to see your cars finished soon!

PHOEN$X said:
I trust your tire has been taken care of? :D

I just got my problem looked at, and apparently there is a "bubble" in the weld of the wheel and it's causing air to leak! So I may not be able to drive my NSX on Oct. 4. :( Whoohoo said he'd boot his wife off the drive, so I could ride along at least (so don't worry, I'm still taking care of the radios).

I'm gonna call Forgeline tomorrow to see if they're replace it as it's a defect, but who knows.

I do have my eyes on some HREs. :)

Lon

Back