• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix/Tucson NSXer's what's next?

Okay, here's the Radio list so far. If you're not on this list, you've not communicated that you're going...please post here to let us know.

Here are the folks that need a radio as I know it:

TucAZNSX
nik3sgte
peiserg
WhooHoo
Lon Varscsak
Phoen$x
FlyNLow
Brian Kim
NSXlent in az
David Spresser
MYNSX

Here are the folks that I'm not sure about:

scNSXgirl
v8Killer

Here are the folks that don't need one:

Paul Dalton
Syonara

Last edited:
Okay, cool. There are just a couple of details to work out then. Does anyone live or work near the Loop 101 & Shea intersection that could find us a good meeting place? I know there are strip malls on different corners of that intersection, so if someone could scope out a safe parking lot with a large number of spaces and a restaurant that serves breakfast, it would be appreciated.

The other issue is freeway access this weekend, I know some parts of the local freeways will be closed/restricted due to construction, so I will try to find out what the plan is from ADOT and report back here.

Thanks.

PHOEN$X said:
The other issue is freeway access this weekend, I know some parts of the local freeways will be closed/restricted due to construction, so I will try to find out what the plan is from ADOT and report back here.
Arrgh, stupid ADOT! The only information I could find on the web is real time road info at azfims. I called the construction group, and they said to call them Thursday or Friday at 602-712-7355 to find out what the planned road closures are. There is also an automated number 888-411-ROAD(7623) or 511 on your cell phone that provides real time info only.

I was told that Eastbound 101 between Tatum & Cave Creek, and Westbound 101 between 51 Ave & Union Hills Rd will be closed due to rubberized asphalt construction. Also, the I-10 westbound ramp to I-17 will be closed, and maybe the 51 ramp as well. I'll post more info if I get any.

UPDATE: I called ADOT, and they have more info on more road closures this weekend. They said all I10 ramps to 202 and 51 will be closed, and there are closures on southbound 101 between Chandler & Fry. She also mentioned some surface street closures, but I wasn't familiar with the names of the east side streets.

Some of the highway closures can be found here:

http://www.azfms.com/HCRSv3/phx.html

Clear the legend of everything but road closures, and then click on each icon to see the item details.

Drive safe!

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

Sorry I have been out of town for a couple of days. Just now catching up on Prime. PHOEN$X, the new drive plans sound good. Since we are now on page 3 of this thread, I will post a new list with everyone's info. Please let me know if anything is incorrect.

People Going on the Drive

TucAZNSX - 2 people
nik3sgte - 2 people
scNSXgirl - 1 person
peiserg - 1 person
PHOEN$X - 1 person
WhooHoo - 2 people
v8Killer - 1 person
FlyNLow - 1 person
NSXlent in az - 1 person
Paul Dalton - 2 people
Brian Kim - 1 person
David Spresser - 1 person
Syonara - Probably
SCS2K - Maybe

People Who Need Radios

TucAZNSX
nik3sgte
peiserg
PHOEN$X
WhooHoo
FlyNLow
NSXlent in az
Brian Kim
David Spresser

Unsure on Radios

scNSXgirl
v8Killer

People Who Do Not Need to Rent Radios

Paul Dalton
Syonara

Last edited:
TucAZNSX said:
Sorry I have been out of town for a couple of days. Just now catching up on Prime.
Hey, welcome back! Your list looks good. I am still trying to get my buddy Jay Z. (w/the silver NSX) to go. Also, v8killer bent a rim this past weekend but I assume he has a backup set? First mbartlett4, now him. I hope nothing else happens to our NSXs!

PHOEN$X said:
Hey, welcome back! Your list looks good. I am still trying to get my buddy Jay Z. (w/the silver NSX) to go. Also, v8killer bent a rim this past weekend but I assume he has a backup set? First mbartlett4, now him. I hope nothing else happens to our NSXs!

Wow, maybe we need to put bells on our NSX's like the Harley guys do to keep the demons away!

TucAZNSX said:
Wow, maybe we need to put bells on our NSX's like the Harley guys do to keep the demons away!
No doubt!

Okay, how about we meet at the Mercado Del Rancho Center at 9301 E. Shea Blvd?

There's a Quizno's there, as well as a Starbucks and several other restaurants. It'd be an easy right turn to get out of that strip mall too:

Mercado Del Rancho Center
9301 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

How does Chompie's Bagel Factory or Quizno's sound for breakfast/brunch?

Attachments

• quiznos.gif
    quiznos.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
chompies has really good food. I vote for chompies.

Phoenix, what time/where should we meet up for our caravan? i'm getting on the 101 at west bell and the 101.

Just checked in on prime after a busy week plus fighting a cold off. I like the changes and all the arrangements. Stephen and Heather I have received your PM's and ill be in contact soon. I'm a quick hop down River Road to I-10. I'm not sure exactly where you guys are but if i remember roughly your a little further north. We could meet around I-10 and Cortaro and then hop back on I-10 and get up to Phoenix. From what it looks like we'll be meeting the group on the west side of phoenix now???, so we'll need to plan for going through the city time too. Not sure yet when we should meet but I'm thinking early as possible. Anyone else coming up with us from Tucson???

3 pages, wow :)

nik3sgte said:
From what it looks like we'll be meeting the group on the west side of phoenix now???, so we'll need to plan for going through the city time too.
No, Chompies is on the northeast side of town, pretty far east actually from where I am. Depending on freeway closures, you should be able to get there pretty quickly. I suggest you guys meet up with other east siders (MYNSX, scNSXgirl, syonara, scs2k, FlyiNLow, WhooHoo/Lon, etc.) and caravan to the meeting location.

Nik,

Nobody else from Tucson responded from my private message. We live way up north! We take Tangerine out to I-10! We could meet at Trico, which is just east of I-10 on Tangerine Road. To get to 101 and Shea will probably take about an hour and a half.

PHOEN$X said:
the northeast side of town

Whoops, i must have been standing on my head when i was thinking west, but doesnt standing imply legs and our heads dont have legs so you technically i wasnt standing on........... never mind. Looks like Stephen will be leading ;) Anyway, thanks for the correction PHOEN$X. See you all soon.

Okay, its radio time!

I'm finalizing the radio numbers. Please look at my post about who needs a radio and who doesn't and make sure that you're on there if you want one.

It currently looks like we need 11 radios.

Lon

Back