• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

photoshoot pics

NSX_5492-1.jpg

NSX_5696.jpg

NSX_5409.jpg

What is the official color code of your car?

Also, tell me is this is correct for your body kit:
Cantrell front
Cantrell fenders
MArga Hills Sides

Thanks for the new desktop =)

thanks guys....

matt, 100% cantrell.....pus the modifications I made to the kit.

twin, might be grainy fom the 9 different file conversions....and some ISO issue with the night time....they were taken for magazine print so I dont have the hi rez shots...

Hey marc, nice pics and great write up in the mag!! Congratulations!!

I’ll give you 5K for the car……that way you more than doubled your money!!:tongue:

i bought the mag last night at wal-mart. pretty cool story. especially the "im the poor guy" part :biggrin:

Just swooped up the mag today...the cover shot looks sick!

Last time I saw that beast of yours you were flyin' past me like I was standing still!

Nice Picts!

Hard to tell by the pics, if the roof is still painted black and was not part of the newer paintwork by current owner, the roof is probably my paintwork.

I worked as a mechanic for the original owner of this NSX and took care of it back when it was white, we called it Whitey around the shop as he had a couple of other NSX's (Red & Blue) at the time and a Ferrari, AMG, S2000, Porsche TT.

A roof decal from "Car and Driver magazine" pulled off some paint and clear coat and I repainted it around 2001.

That car has a lot of history and interesting tidbits not mentioned in the mag article.

One of, if not first NSX to compete in Cannonball Run, was in a VARIG Airline commercial in Brazil, brought in big bucks from numerous vendors at car shows who decal'd it out for different events/products, just to name a few.

From the pic's, looks like it still has the old OEM rotor size and calipers on the rears and the big retrofitted Brembos on the front....(don't try that set up at speed on the track :cool: The front caliper brackets were a pain to build. I still have the set for the rear, we went with Lighter AP racing on his track NSX.

Before he listed it for sale, the original owner had me drive out to Dallas from the Miami shop and remove all the high end and custom race stuff and replace it with what we considered more "SHOW RACE STUFF" that we had tried out through the years from various NSX vendors.

The article seemed to focus on how cheap the current owner purchased the car for and how much he got for the spare parts....I looked up the sells price and the parts list that I sent to Dallas for pick up by the current owner in Sept, 2005 I believe.

The Magazine said something like $28,000, car actually sold for $31,100.

The list of parts in the mag listed a lot of stuff incorrectly, My boss gave me the other Carbon Kevlar seat that was originially in the car prior to sell and I still have it so there was only one seat versus the 2 listed. I put short gears/RP in it but it wasn;t a blueprinted transmission, etc etc etc...

If the current owner got more then $12,000 for those parts including the OEM body panels, he was either real lucky or selling them to newbies that didn;t know...

At any rate, it probably makes a better read with the NSX for $2000 slant.

Back