• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Piazza acura of west chester scratched my car

Took my pristine 96 in for timing belt and inspection etc. I go to pick the car up and there are clear scratches around the engine compartment. ie.where they place the mats to work on the engine. I point them out to them immediately and they try to tell me they didn't do it!! I had the car detailed a week before it went in, had my detail guy see what's been done and he clearly stated these scratches were not there! So much for trusting a reputable dealership. I'm not done with them.

Happens more than you'd think, and to get them to admit to anything is rare. I've been screwed twice by dealers and both times the fight proved helpless. Trust and truth are rare commodities indeed. It sounds like you've learned your lesson though.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of questions.
This is from the fender cover they used?
How bad are they? Can you catch them on your fingernail?
Are they rub marks from the rubber on the bottom of the fender cover or deep scratches from overlooked material between the cover and the car?
Your detail person could not clean them up?
Pics?

Last edited:
Our guess is from the rubber mat fender guard they use. They aren't real deep, more like clear coat scratches. They also scratched the right side of the black grill that's directly behind the engine glass lid. My detailer feels it will buff out. I'll snap some pics if I can catch it in right light. Just careless. Technician also booted up rocker panel but they did clean that after I bitched. They need to own up to it. Calling service manager today.

What are you seeking?

Do you want them to buff out the marks or compensate you to have your detailer do it?

It seems you have discussed this with someone at the dealership. Who was it? Was it the service writer and the service manager was not available at that time?
If this service manager has not seen the condition or discussed this with you prior, I feel calling is not going to get you results except a invite to come in so he can see what the complaint is.

He can't remedy a problem he can't understand or verify. If they have a problem with their process or preventative measures to avoid damaging the finish on a car, that they must lean over to do their work on, he can't make changes to those procedures unless he looks and sees what really is wrong.

I suggest you go in person and ask him to look at, and see what your concerns are.

I did discuss it with the service manager. As I walked out to receive the car in there pick up area. I did a walk around and the marks stood out immediately to me. they got the service manager. The paperwork says they washed it and they told me they washed it in the voice mail they left me. So I jumped to the conclusion it was done during the washing. But they swore the car was not washed even though it says it was on the paper work. After looking at it in more detail I fully believe it was done by the mats they use. He was very defensive. My detailer who just buffed the car looked at it yesterday and was 100% certain they were not there. Detailer feels he can buff out the marks on the paint but isn't sure about the marks on the black vent immediately behind the glass. I attached a couple pics, not sure if they show the marks well, tough with the light, but they are there. I am going to go visit him in person and ask they cover the cost of the detailer to try his magic.

Attachments

• IMGP1387.jpg
    IMGP1387.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMGP1388.jpg
    IMGP1388.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMGP1390.jpg
    IMGP1390.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMGP1391.jpg
    IMGP1391.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 115
Meeting went much better. I think they agree it was the fender mats. My detailer is going to hit it this week to see if he can buff the scratches out. I think the paint will buff out. Not sure about the air flow veins behind the engine compartment. We'll see. Attached some pics. Will be posted soon. Fingers crossed. Have thoroughly enjoyed my prime experience to date. Wealth of info u guys have. Thx. Jason

What shows in the pictures on both plastic and paint looks like it will easily rub out.
I bet I could do it by hand in a few minutes.

What did your detailer put on the car in their final step before they were done? Wax, hand glaze?

Not sure of exact products he uses. But has a nice duel head orbital buffer. Didn't clay bar as the car didnt need it. Was showroom condition when I took it in which was why I asked them not to wash it. Anyway we'll see how it goes.

Piazza has turned the corner and made a bad situation better. My detailer did a nice job on the scratches. The dealership paid for the detail. The service manager certainly went in the proper direction after what I would all a bad service start. Some of the scratches in the engine veins didn't come out and we will work to resolve that. But I am happy they finally went in what I call the proper direction.

Back