• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pic Request: BB NSX with Silver Advan RG3or RSII

Hi -

Does anyone run silver Advan RG3 on Berlina Black NSX? I am considering getting a set but I am hesitating and was wondering if anyone runs this set up. I will be running a 17/18 set up.

Also if anyone has a BB with Silver Advan RS2 - would be great to see a pic of that one too. I can't seem to find the pics in the old threads of either set up on a black nsx.

Thanks

THANK YOU!!! I didn't even think to look on ebay....doh!

I saw that you had RG3 and AD08R - how do you like the set up? I am thinking of exactly the same one. Car will be lowered a bit on TEIN lowering springs but won't have any mods to support a 18/19 set up.

I never thought picking rims and tires would be so hard...always thought I would just run Advan RS2 and call it a day...but...too many excellent choices. I really love the Volk ZE40s but their dark gunmetal is darker than what I want. Not sure I want to go black on black...then I saw the ZE 40 time attack edition... very cool...if i only had red or white nsx too..

ZE40 Time attack

Time Attack.jpg

Last edited:
Not silver but I run the RG 3's in 18/19 on Michelin PSS paired with KW V3 and the car rides like a dream.

IMG_0719.jpg

Thanks...that looks awesome. Perfect stance and height. you have me rethinking the black on black approach. What mods did you end up doing to run the 18/19 set up? Any rubbing issues. Would love to run the PSS tires.

. . . I saw that you had RG3 and AD08R - how do you like the set up? I am thinking of exactly the same one. Car will be lowered a bit on TEIN lowering springs but won't have any mods to support a 18/19 set up.

I happen to like the setup quite a bit. I am running 17/18 RGIII on a Zanardi / Bilstein setup. I had the TEIN springs prior to the Zanardis but found between the springs and Bilsteins on the lower perch there was too much rubbing (car was too low) - particularly in the front, but also in the rear. The TEIN springs are not well suited to the Bilsteins as the TEIN spring rates were too soft against the higher rebound and compression rates of the Bilsteins (didn't ride very well - too jouncy). The TEINs are probably better matched to the stock dampers. This link from the WIKI will provide more detail.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Suspension

I really like the AD08R tire. Excellent grip in the dry. Can't speak to the wet as I am one of "those" owners who only drives their car in the dry. I've heard good things about the Falken Azenis RT615K+ and suspect they will be similar to the AD08R. Unfortunately no reviews on Tire Rack yet.

Interestingly I am going to refinish my wheels silver (currently gold) in the next couple of weeks. Most likely going to use PPG 36520 which is Ferrari Argento Nurburgring Metallic. I'll post some pictures once complete. Current picture below.

rsz_20170529_151603.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks...that looks awesome. Perfect stance and height. you have me rethinking the black on black approach. What mods did you end up doing to run the 18/19 set up? Any rubbing issues. Would love to run the PSS tires.
There is no rubbing unless you run extremely low suspension settings. All fender liners are utilized with my set up.
I have been thinking about powder coating these wheels oem silver though.

thanks for the information I really appreciate it. I will be using the stock dampers...car will be lowered approximately 3/4" all the way around. The silver would look great on your car....can't wait to see it.

There is no rubbing unless you run extremely low suspension settings. All fender liners are utilized with my set up.
I have been thinking about powder coating these wheels oem silver though.

Thanks for your help and info as well. The OEM silver would look great...as with mwagner...can't wait to see it.

as I commented on the other thread...it really looks great...after all this...i am still on the fence....i have narrowed down to the rg3 or the enkei pf01....it really caught my eye and I saw pics of silver ones on a black nsx and really loved it

Back