• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pic request NSX with K&W V3 ride height

Just got the K&W V3 and want to check out your ride height with it! Thanks in advance :)

This is how my car looked like when i installed them new out of the box without any height adjustments. Later I raised the front by 1/4" because it was rubbing on bumps.

5586197077_3b697600ee_b.jpg

Any body have a pic of them set on the lowest setting

this is the car from a member on this board with KW V3 installed. Not sure if it's the lowest setting but it's real low.

kw1.jpg

kw2.jpg

This was out of the box too. I also raised it about a 1/4 inch for a better balance. My wheels are 16/17. I'm putting on 17/18 in the next couple of days and I can update the picture. I hope this helps.

DSC02808.jpg

Thanks for all of you!!! Jsut finished with the setup, and will go for a trackday tomorrow at the HUNGARORING.....we will see :)

this is the car from a member on this board with KW V3 installed. Not sure if it's the lowest setting but it's real low.

Are those 17/18? Mine rear was same or little lower but my front was higher. I had both in lowest setting. Wonder if I did not measure properly or this person went lower than lowest recommended?

At first read this thread made no sense whatsoever. Then you said what's the max lowest setting...

A member stated here you cannot go too low because the lower perch will hit the suspension arm.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1430207&postcount=10

IMG_4126.jpg

However, the pics in this thread show the cars are already plenty low. Not sure how much lower one wants to go.

Last edited:
IMO the back should be higher than the front on the NSX. It's hard to tell, but in most of these pics the rears appear to have been lowered too much and don't look right (maybe it's just the photo?)

At first read this thread made no sense whatsoever. Then you said what's the max lowest setting...

A member stated here you cannot go too low because the lower perch will hit the suspension arm.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1430207&postcount=10

IMG_4126.jpg

However, the pics in this thread show the cars are already plenty low. Not sure how much lower one wants to go.

how low was the lowest before they hit the suspension arm. Im about 3 inches lower than stock. Wanted to replace my tein flexs with kw v3's.

how low was the lowest before they hit the suspension arm. Im about 3 inches lower than stock. Wanted to replace my tein flexs with kw v3's.

I had the front adjusted all the way down about 2mm before it hit the arm. I could barely get the OEM scissor jack to slide under the front jacking point. The front tires where tucked in "-1 finger tuck".

You can always buy a shorter front main spring (from KW or Swift) which will raise the spring perch height for more clearance from the front upper control arm.

Billy

You can always buy a shorter front main spring (from KW or Swift) which will raise the spring perch height for more clearance from the front upper control arm.

Billy
how much extra is that btw?

With the perch set to exactly the height as shown above this is the front ride height and the back. Basically what it comes with out of the box. In my opinion it's an engineering fault for not being able to lower it more. With the suspension compressed and on the car the lower threads sit about where the upper control arm is (and everything would clear). When you would jack the car up the perch would hit the control arm. Or maybe they had no choice and had to use a longer spring for comfort. I'm not too sure. Don't really care. I wouldn't want it much lower than the way it sits. I have almost 2000 miles on mine since I installed them and they're behaving like they did from day 1.

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

I can't edit my old post but I made a mistake in the pictures. The ride height shown above is at the factory setting they're shipped with.

After driving with them for the season I honestly don't think there is anything "wrong" with how low it will go. They advertise a 2.0" drop in the front. With the collar almost hitting the control arm that might be the full drop. If the collar didn't hit then it could go down further past the 2.0". Maybe it was just cost savings and they used a threaded shock tube from another design instead of cutting the threads a little shorter.

I've got ours set around 2" lower than stock, which allows me to drive around without cringing at what I might crunch going up driveways and whatnot.
The front fenders are Cantrell Concepts 30mm wider units, which gives it a different profile compared to stock.
I have about a 1/4" rake, with the front being lower than the rear.....although the wider front fenders might make it appear otherwise.

Brian

IMG_1301 by NSXbrian, on Flickr

I can't edit my old post but I made a mistake in the pictures. The ride height shown above is at the factory setting they're shipped with.

After driving with them for the season I honestly don't think there is anything "wrong" with how low it will go. They advertise a 2.0" drop in the front. With the collar almost hitting the control arm that might be the full drop. If the collar didn't hit then it could go down further past the 2.0". Maybe it was just cost savings and they used a threaded shock tube from another design instead of cutting the threads a little shorter.
It can go lower. To be safe put a shorter spring on to lower the ride height further.

Back