• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picked Up an E55

Any Jax/ Daytona/ Gainesville/ Savannah members ever meet up? I got this Friday...

63_4.JPG

1d_4.JPG

e1_4.JPG

ee_4.JPG

c7_4.JPG

06_4.JPG

06_4.JPG

34_4.JPG

06_4.JPG

That car is absolutely bad a$$....I love it. It has to be wicked fast.

I've been contemplating a used one myself...previous gen though...

This one has paddle shifters too doesn't it?

I got my wife a '97 528I a couple of years ago and I LOVE to drive that thing. I am wondering if the E55 doesn't have some of the same attributes (smooth,stable,quiet ride) only at a much "enhanced" pace" ???

SWEEEET!

Very nice car, but why not an S-class for that kind of money?

The E55 is cool but still too much like any other E. Obviously, we car guys can spot the extra tailpipes and the big "Kompressor" badge. But, does the interior have any distinguishing features or extra goodies beyond an optioned-up E350?

liftshard said:

The E55 is cool but still too much like any other E. Obviously, we car guys can spot the extra tailpipes and the big "Kompressor" badge. But, does the interior have any distinguishing features or extra goodies beyond an optioned-up E350?

I had an S55 prior to my E55. I like the E55 much better. The E55 reflects my age more appropriately than the S55. I just feel old with the S55. Even with the hp the S55 packs, it still feels like a big boat. Plus, my S55 had too many gremlins. It was constantly at the dealer for repairs. I do miss the rear leg room. My daugther kicks the back of the passenger seat all the time. With the S55, she could not reach the seat back. Did you know that the S-class is longer than an Escalade?

Congrats on the E55. You picked a great car.

Congrats! I have had my E55 for a couple of years now and have never regretted buying it. I have enjoyed it as much as my NSX and both of these cars still top my list of all-time favorites.

liftshard said:
QUOTE]

Simple:469 horsepower, and 516 ft/lbs of torque. Even being somewhat heavier than an NSX, I cannot imagine having 200 hp and 306 ft/lbs more than an NSX. It's one of the first cars on my list of "if I won the lottery tomorrow"

Will

wiz357 said:
I had an S55 prior to my E55. I like the E55 much better. The E55 reflects my age more appropriately than the S55. I just feel old with the S55. Even with the hp the S55 packs, it still feels like a big boat. Plus, my S55 had too many gremlins. It was constantly at the dealer for repairs. I do miss the rear leg room. My daugther kicks the back of the passenger seat all the time. With the S55, she could not reach the seat back. Did you know that the S-class is longer than an Escalade?

Congrats on the E55. You picked a great car.

Wiz, you took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks for responding.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback fellas.

Congrats on the addition.
Very nice car. :smile:
I was able to drive one at Beaverun for about 10 laps, very fast and very capable.
Enjoy!

liftshard said:

From what you asked, I think you might have mistakened the car with something else. The E55 is in a class of its own. As someone said it right, the "ultimate sleeper".
Steve

Back