• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of my Sebring Silver 02 conversion

ENSSEX said:
Love your car Chris nice job... on the LED headlight conversion from CC are you happy with it?..are they holding up?..my 05 wants a set as you know they are pricey you think thee worth the money?... I ordered a type R hood and I see you have the radiaotr duct is that needed once the hood is on??..where can I buy that?

thx

Paul

Paul,

I had the ClearCorners headlights for almost 2 years; I had no problems with any of my ClearCorners LED conversions. I do agree they are very pricey, but no one has a cleaner conversion yet. ClearCorners do quality work and there is tons of labor involved in the conversion.

I have a Dali radiator duct, but there are many NSX with type R hoods and no radiator duct. Downforce also sells a NSX-R duct copy too in fiberglass and carbon fiber.

Good luck with you project,

Chris,

Your car is amazingly nice. How much total for the whole project? I want to put the Stacy side skirts like yours, with door panels would better vs. w/o the panels? Thank you

Chris,

Your car is amazingly nice. How much total for the whole project? I want to put the Stacy side skirts like yours, with door panels would better vs. w/o the panels? Thank you

I like the Stacy side skirts with the door panels, it looks more aggressive than the OEM 02 side skirt. The front bumper, door panel and rear valence lines flows together.
IMG_3756.JPG

I don't even want to think or add up the total amount in this NSX.

Car looks nice, Chris. I like the look of previous Volks better. By the way, this is Ken, who bought the Forrester from you. Hey... you still owe me a ride. :)

Car looks nice, Chris. I like the look of previous Volks better. Hey... you still owe me a ride. :)

Ken,

I haven't see you at Summit Point, I got these new wheels because of weigth mostly. They are alot lighter than my old Work Emotion CR wheels. The RE30, I am saving 5lbs on each front wheel and 8lbs on each of the rear wheel.
wheels.jpg

I will PM you my number, you can take it for a drive.

Last edited:
Thats a lot of weight saving. 26 lbs difference just between the two light volk wheels:eek:...sounds like a easy choice to make..Nice ride

Ken,

I haven't see you at Summit Point, I got these new wheels because of weigth mostly. They are alot lighter than my old Work Emotion CR wheels. The RE30, I am saving 5lbs on each front wheel and 8lbs on each of the rear wheel.
wheels.jpg

I will PM you my number, you can take it for a drive.

They are not both from Volk Racing, only the RE30.

Thanks, I didn't know. What brand is the other wheel? Where can I buy RE30's from in a different color?

Chris you must love how light these wheels are, can you tell a big difference while driving it?

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't know. What brand is the other wheel?
Work Emotion CR

Where can I buy RE30's from in a different color?
Science of Speed
optional colors: Gloss Black, Diamond Black, Matte Black, Chrome Silver, Titanium Silver, Titanium Gunmetal, Mercury Silver, Silver, Gold, Noble Gold, White.

Chris you must love how light these wheels are, can you tell a big difference while driving it?

Yes I can tell a difference with the RE30 on straight line acceleration. I would like to say better handling and improved braking to justified the cost of the wheels, but I can't tell a huge differences.

chrisnsx_1.jpg

chrisnsx_2.jpg

chrisnsx_3.jpg

I was shooting for Friday, but I needed to make a few last adjustments on them so they will ship out early next week (monday/tuesday).

Happy holidays Chris, I cant wait to see these on your NSX!

Cheers,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com

redtwinturbo said:
I just picked up a set of volk gt-p's in a 17X8 +41 front and a 18x10 +43 rear from a forum member. I'm curious what tire sizes you where running and if you had any rubbing issues. BTW your car looks great. Also what rear spoiler is that?

Thanks,
Matt

I had the same size and offset and had no issues with rubbing, just make sure you use 215/40/17 tires up front. 235/40/17 will rub inside fenders.

My old rear spoiler was a Comtech widebody wing. I currently have a DownForce NSX-R wing.

I got my Clear Corner taillights in the mail today.:biggrin:
IMG_7912.JPG

:eek: Looks great, I had Mike remove all the raise lettering from the taillights and polish the lens. I can't believe it, they look better than new.:eek:

Congrats Chris

You will love them. The taillights are one of my favorite mods. The only downside is you will rarely see it since you're driving.

My headlights get sent off next week for the conversion

Wow it looks so good. well done.

My new wheels arrived today from SOS. :biggrin:

Volk RE30 Formula Silver 17/18. I am not sure what color lugnuts will look good on these wheels.
IMG_3619.JPG

hey chris, do these wheels come in a 18/19" combo?

rk

My new wheels arrived today from SOS. :biggrin:

Volk RE30 Formula Silver 17/18. I am not sure what color lugnuts will look good on these wheels.
IMG_3619.JPG

not sure if you got the ti lug nuts yet, but i have these and love the look:

0000projectmucloseup.jpg

btw, yer car is coming along nicely! (endless project right? haha) love the clearcorner redone tails. man, your car has many details that ppl dream about!

Back