• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of my silver '91 with gunmetal wheels.

As some of you may know, my car has been out of commission for about 3 months. I had my engine rebuilt from top to bottom and some paint work done. I had the wheels refinished in gunmetal with a machined lip. I just got it back today and thought I would take some pictures.

At first i was nervous about the wheels, but once I saw them on the car, I was happy :)

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

The car looks fantastic!
Who did the work on the rims??

I really like them the car looks great.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

SWEET wheels dude! I love the gunmetal finish. Oh, when you say you had the the engine rebuilt, what did that entail exactly? Any new go-fast parts???

Thanks everyone!

The wheels were painted by Bodywerks in Daytona Beach. They are (in my opinion) the best body/paint shop in the area. I poured through pages and pages of paint samples before I found the right color. They could not clearcoat the machined lips, so I am looking for someone to polish them up.

As for the engine....

My oil pump died and I spun a crank bearing. I had a lot done; new crank, rings, valve job, clutch, etc...

It was already too expensive to do too much in the way of performance. I did add a Tiatec exhaust though ;)

Eibach pro kit? I was originally goint to buy those... then I saw some pic's that looked too high still. But your car looks perfect! Its a good thing I procrastinate:). If you could let me know if they are the pro kit or the sportline kit I am buying them. Thanks. Mo - Elite.

I have to correct myself, I put H&R's on my NSX, I put Eibachs on a friend's NSX and they were not low enough. I had Eibach's on my M3 before this car and it was the same deal, I ended up cutting a half coil out of the front.

So, to clarify, these are H&R and I love them. The NSX rides great even low.

Cory

I have a silver/ivory 91 and was worried about the contrast of gunmetal wheels..........I am worried no more! Awesome!!

Could youplease give some details on the engine work with prices?

Thansk

I know, I almost died too. I priced a used motor and even the block and rotating assembly from a 2002. But once you pay for the swap and the shipping, you aren't saving that much. That price also includes a new clutch.

The real selling point was that I got a 2 year factory warranty on the motor from Acura.

Plus, I didn't have to guess about the history of a motor. I know that mine is back to new specs and even thought it cost more, it does give me comfort to know that i wont have to worry about it for a very long time.

Not too many '91's have 500 miles on the engine :)

Back