• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pictures of my Stereo Install/ Interior Conversion

dan the car is truely insane. lol I know not to enter any of the car shows we have around here :biggrin:

very nice work! it looks like too much red for my taste but for a show car you probably need it to be that way......congrats on everything........its look very very clean.......so how many times have you bought the car over? ;)

Quick question on the installation.... I am contemplating building a carPC as well, and was wondering about the Xenarc 700TSV- 7” USB Touch Screen LCD Monitor. Were there any fitment issues in getting it to fit in the Nav pod? Did you have to do any cutting? How do you switch between outputs on that monitor (do you have access to all the buttons)?

Thanks!

sanchin said:
Quick question on the installation.... I am contemplating building a carPC as well, and was wondering about the Xenarc 700TSV- 7” USB Touch Screen LCD Monitor. Were there any fitment issues in getting it to fit in the Nav pod? Did you have to do any cutting? How do you switch between outputs on that monitor (do you have access to all the buttons)?

Thanks!

I think he sold this car last year, so you may want to email him as he might not be on the forum much. I know I saw him here a month or so ago.

Thanks!

I'm wondering how I missed this question also. Probably because I haven't been on the forums as frequently as I have in the past. Sorry.

To answer your question (in case you still need an answer to this and for the any archival interest in this thread).... I didn't have any fitment issues with the monitor fitting in the pod. The small buttons on the front were covered up however by the bottom edge of the faceplate of the pod.

I'm not sure what "output" on the monitor you are referring to. As for the inputs, I only really had the Xenarc computer connected to that monitor. All the different video feeds ( PC feed vs. DVD feed) were just controlled by the computer itself.

Hope that helps somebody!

I own this now. It is sooooo freakin nice. Still mint. I stare it through the garage window alot, cant help it. I am currently trying to figure it all out though. A buddy and I started taking the trunk apart this weekend to find out and document where everything goes. The PC runs hot being in the trunk, so I am going to have it re-relocated to the cabin and possibly mount it behind the seat. CarPCs nowadays are alot smaller so space should not be an issue, and it will save on component wear. I also want to upgrade it to Windows 7 and integrate CentraFuse with it. I will not touch the engine since it all looks brand new. I know the previous owner was talking about a SuperCharger, however, I will not over-complicate things at this point. It is a fast car though, with the chip, the racing clutch and the intake, it kicks around very well. I will post updates when we get somewhere with the mods. The last owner took alot of the red out of the cabin and it is either black or CF, it looks nice, subtle, but still pimped. Right now, its off to mp3car.com!

Last edited:
Back