• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pioneer vs Kenwood

Hey all,

I am ready to replace the stereo in the car, and was deciding between the newest Kenwood and Pioneer rollout screen with the 7inch monitors. I was wondering if anyone had an experiences with these two models. Most importantly I was wondering if anyone had an experiences with their navigations systems. I never know if I can trust the sales people in stores, they always say the system they sell is the best so, I would like an unbiased opinion. What I have heard is that the new Kenwood is the best in terms of accuracy, graphics, and information. I hear that the Pioneer is much slower in terms of calculating and recalculating routes compared to the Alpine and Kenwood. I also hear that the Pioneer is very inaccurate(i.e. drops you have miles away from correct destination). If anyone knows anything about these models please let me know.

Thanks

I am not unbiased because Pioneer is a client of ours but we just completed preparing a bunch of digital marketing material for their new AVIC N1.

The unit comes out in late March. I believe that this unit will offer features that are currently unavailable from all other US market nav units.

For example:

Detailed City Maps for LA, Chicago, Washington, San Francisco - these maps have much richer detail - you can actually see the stadium shapes, the park grass, building shapes, etc.

Single din design - everyone runs off of a single din - they use memory to store route maps so that you can navigate while you use the drive for CDs or MP3s or DVD movies.

MP3 Folders - the unit can read folder names so you can burn MP3 CDs and separate your music into different folders and use those folder names to navigate through your disc.

12 million POIs - the most AFAIK of any unit

Search by brand - you can pull up all Starbucks in your area - some of the brands have their logos in the unit. Pull up Unocal and their logos appear on your nav map. Most other units cannot search by brand - they can only list by category such as restaurants.

Low MSRP - don't know what the street price will be but the unit's MSRP is currently $1999.

Gauges - has G Force gauges that display on the LCD that will measure acceleration G's, lateral G's, speed, etc. with Peak Hold.

Voice + Touchscreen - Optional Voice operation with Mic kit and built in touchscreen operation

Rear cam + nav - you can watch your rear cam and have the nav maps on the screen at the same time.

Tri-zone - the unit can play a DVD movie for rear screens, run XM/FM and Nav at the same time on the front screen. All in one unit.

Back