• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pitfalls of a Low Mileage NSX

Clutch Master and Slave valves and just about any part with rubber O-rings and gaskets. And the 20+ coolant hoses which are rubber. When cars sit for long periods of time, these rubber items deteriorate and fail at a much faster rate. That's one of the reasons I drive mine. If I'm going to have to replace the parts anyway, I might as well have fun with them.

Can you define Low Mileage? also what year youre looking at. The perspective changes....

2005 with 10k miles is considered Low Mileage, but nothing that is cause for concern. Most things are probably in excellent shape and no further worry is needed.

1991 with 10k miles... Well now the parts have been sitting for 25ish years not 10 and would need a little more caution. Was the car stored in a climate controlled environment? is the car from the south and endured extreme heat or the north with the extreme colds?

Many factors with your vague question in my opinion to get the best honest answer to your question

if they have proof it was done recently go ahead and add that to the need to do list.

timing belt/waterpump/valve adjustment, all 21 coolant hoses, possibly the master/slave cyl, transmission oil, tires, oil change/filter coolant flush, A/C checked or charged

thats about it

Back