• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please help deport this !$#4 back to Cambodia

Ok, i need some advice here. My friend (really, its my friend) met this cambodia girl through her aunt. after a year of talking to each other, they go married and she came to the US. So far, she has only lived in the US for about 3 months. She has her SS, Green Card, ID. She then suddenly left to FL to live with her cousin and they both kicked out my friend. so he went back to GA.

My friend also has recorded a conversation about how the Whole Cambodia family is doing this marriage fraud so that their whole family can come to the US.

My friend is piss, and wants to deport her back to cambodia. How does he proceed in this matter. Please help me out.

Your friend can't deport anyone. It a matter of the US government deporting someone. He is probably out of luck. Is he a US citizen? He should also be aware that if he sponsered her, he can be financially responisble for her for a number of years.

Speak to an immigration lawyer, their is certainly ways to get her deported. For example, the documentation needed to renew her greencard is fairly strict. It requires extensive documentation to prove that the marriage is not a farce. For example, affidavits need to filed to substantiate the relationship, etc. The govt. has put together measures in recent years to prevent these kinds of things (marriage for greencard).

yes, i know that he cannot deport her but what can he do to get her deported. He is a citizen but she only got her green card recently only. Again, she has only lived in the US for 3 months. This is a marriage fraud setup by her Aunt and family.

I don't get it!! Did someone hold a gun to his head and say "marry her or you're dead"? It sounds like he has to file for a divorce and call it a day.

yes, i know that he cannot deport her but what can he do to get her deported. He is a citizen but she only got her green card recently only. Again, she has only lived in the US for 3 months. This is a marriage fraud setup by her Aunt and family.

First, how about he files for DIVORCE? Site marriage fraud. Next, contact the local CIS bureau, or whatever office he/she used to procure the green card. Talk to the specific case agent that issued the card. He should have all this information on hand.

One question: Did she obtain her green card status (I-551) solely because of the marriage? (Ie, did he solicit for her card?) If so, it should not be hard to divorce and get her thrown out... (granted, she MAY claim amnesty afterward, and chances are that if her green card is removed, she will be granted release on her own recognizance, given a court date, and probably not show up...

Anyway, I digress... Divorce her ass then call the case agent and explain what happened... you can even contact the case agent first...

maybe your pal should stick to mail order brides.

setup the divorce, talk to immigration, etc etc

p.s. post a picture because this broad must be pretty dam hot

First, how about he files for DIVORCE?
This.

I understand that the dude's upset for being played, but really all he should do is get divorced (or have the marriage annulled) and then get on with his life.

Trying to work the system to kick Miss Cambodia out will only cost him dearly in heartache and money. Better to just cut his losses and run.

this.

I understand that the dude's upset for being played, but really all he should do is get divorced (or have the marriage annulled) and then get on with his life.

Trying to work the system to kick miss cambodia out will only cost him dearly in heartache and money. Better to just cut his losses and run.

+ 1

Married less than 6 months? Tell him to get an annulment. Unlike a divorce, it's retroactive - like the marriage never happened. Then deport her ass.

This happened to a friend of mine. Bitch was a cheater and a thief, and only wanted her green card. Even though 7 months had passed, I persuaded him to file for an annulment. He agreed, got the annulment, and now she's back in Korea. He thanked me later.

Valid reason for annulment: The consent to the marriage was based on fraud or force.

check out this story (text below): http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314980,00.html

Most married sweeties send their honey chocolates or flowers on Valentine’s Day. But Antoinette Walters Janda filed for an annulment of her sexless marriage on Feb. 14, 2007, claiming that her husband, Jiri Janda, married her with no intention to honor his marital obligations — most notably the time honored tradition of marital intercourse. And, annulment could mean deportation for the ex-husband. Let me explain.

The couple married on June 5, 2005 after only a few months of courtship. Immediately following the marriage ceremony, Jiri (the husband) refused to share a bed with his wife. Antoinette (the wife) testified that throughout their marriage, she and Jiri had never had a sexual relationship of any kind. Antoinette even lost 65 pounds to be more appealing to Jiri! Antoinette alleges that Jiri, a native of the Czech Republic, fraudulently induced her to marry him only so that he could obtain a "green card," which would permit him to remain in the United States.

An annulment of a marriage rather than a divorce, from a U.S. citizen’s perspective, has few noteworthy consequences. However, for someone like Jiri, who wishes to immigrate to the United States on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR), the difference will have significant legal consequences. Here, the decision of an annulment rather than a divorce makes a huge difference to Jiri because now, he could likely lose his conditional, permanent resident status under U.S. immigration laws and be deported back to the Czech Republic.

I know that deportation may sound a bit harsh, but a marriage should not be taken lightly either. I think there will be little sympathy for Jiri if the circumstances are that he committed marriage fraud in the first place to allow himself to stay lawfully in the United States.

The court in Jiri’s case recognized that “traditionally, a sexual relationship is implicit in marriage vows and that an unstated intent, held at the time of the marriage ceremony, to utterly refuse to engage in a sexual relationship with the other party is a fraud that alters the very essence of the marriage.”

The trial court entered an order annulling Antoinette and Jiri’s marriage on May 8, 2007, specifically finding that the parties had not consummated the marriage and had not acted as a married couple, but had acted more as roommates, during their marriage. They held that for the marriage to be a bona fide one, or one entered into in good faith, the parties must intend to establish a life together at the time they were married.

As you can imagine, this is not the first time the courts and immigration officers are faced with the problem of sham marriages. Congress stepped in to help prevent situations like these. The Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 (IMFA) added provisions aimed at deterring and detecting fraudulent marriages more effectively. Under the most important provisions of IMFA, all persons who obtain lawful permanent resident status, based on a marriage that is less than two years old at the time, receive such status only on a conditional basis. This conditional status, although in every other way the legal equivalent to full permanent resident status, expires after two years.

During the last three months of the two-year period, a "joint petition" must be filed and signed by the husband and wife, which must document that the marriage was not entered into for immigration purposes. Supporting documentation may include joint tax returns, bank statements, utility bills, insurance policies, and other evidence of financial commingling. In really "strong" cases, evidence may include a deed to real property (the family home) or a baby's birth certificate, all of course in the names of both husband and wife.

On the other hand, during the two-year period, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) may terminate the permanent resident status if it finds that the underlying marriage was improper or solely for immigration purposes. It is not necessary for the parties to have a conventional marriage, be living together or even have a viable marriage, although the absence of such will lead to closer scrutiny and a more lengthy investigation. At the end of the two years, DHS removes the conditional basis if it finds that the underlying marriage was valid and has not ended. The removal signifies that the conditional period is over and the noncitizen has graduated to full permanent resident status.

In addition to being deportable, IMFA has established criminal sanctions for involvement in marriage fraud with penalties up to five years imprisonment and a fine of $250,000. This is, however, not meant to discourage anyone from dating or marrying a foreign spouse as long as the marriage is bone fide. As a policy of promoting family reunification, more than one-third of the immigrants who enter the United States each year have already done so on the basis of their marriage to a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. But no sham marriages!

Last edited:
This.

Trying to work the system to kick Miss Cambodia out will only cost him dearly in heartache and money. Better to just cut his losses and run.

Heartache? No. I bet he'll feel all warm and fuzzy when Immigration boots her.

Heartache? No. I bet he'll feel all warm and fuzzy when Immigration boots her.

Some people live for the drama, and for revenge. Me, I'd rather just get over it and get on with life. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Some people live for the drama, and for revenge. Me, I'd rather just get over it and get on with life. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I can respect that. If you can let it slide, then more power to you. It's probably better for your health to not let these things get to you.

But I feel for these lonely guys who invest their emotions (and money) into someone, only to find they were being fooled for an entire year of their lives. I would want the scam to fail, and for the person to be sent back.

I can respect that. If you can let it slide, then more power to you. It's probably better for your health to not let these things get to you.

But I feel for these lonely guys who invest their emotions (and money) into someone, only to find they were being fooled for an entire year of their lives. I would want the scam to fail, and for the person to be sent back.

that, and them not doing anything about it is probably part of their plan!

me- i'd go mafia on her and break her legs :mad:

This.

I am going to have to add my support for this position. The only other thing I might do upon filing and then obtaining the finalized divorce is forward copies to the I.N.S. with a brief cover letter. Then let the chips land where they may.

I was pretty sure there's some type of wait period for this type of marriage/visa grant so I did some research and here's the thing. If you are married for less than 2 years, you have to apply together to remove this "conditional status". So getting divourced/anulled before the 2 year period then she's toast. If it's been 2 years and they already did this then she's a legal resident and there's nothing you can do probably.

Conditional Residence
If you have been married less than two years when your spouse is granted lawful permanent resident status, your spouse will receive permanent resident status on a conditional basis. You and your spouse must apply together to remove the conditions on residence. Please note – you must apply to remove conditional status within 90 days before the 2-year anniversary of the award date of your spouse’s conditional legal permanent resident status. If you fail to file during this time, your spouse will be considered out of status as of the 2-year anniversary, and may be subject to removal from the U.S. For more information, please see How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=4f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

can i deport my ex girlfreind then? the only problem is shes american:tongue:

You see there is an advantage to going domestic,damn imports:tongue:

There is a nice single Cambodian girl that lives around here. I am friends with a group of about 50 Cambodians. Great people. The single girl used to be married to a Cambodian guy from the group but it didn't work out as he pretty much kept her in a cage. After they broke up Renee taught her how to drive.

Man I love playing cards with those guys. They are crazy with their money and aren't very good at Euchre.

Back