• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please help me out over here at DigitalCorvettes

omg !!! I read all 3 pages....good way to kill time ....

NetViper --> u too funny over there.......

I was just wondering. Does the C5 or C6 vette have any chevy emblems on it. I couldnt see any on there. If not... I wonder why..

They made fun of the NSX dated design...

How come no one made fun of the corvette's "vietnamese" leaf spring supsension....I think chevy would use chopsticks in place of pushrods to save money on steal if they could..but the chopsticks would burn up...or would they?

only jokes though, I respect that chevy has made a car with that much performance for the price tag.. I really think the corvette only handles as wells as it does because of all that rubber connecting it to the road..

NCC-1701D said:
NetViper --> u too funny over there.......

Thanks. I had a good time. A few of them PM'd me after and said they really like NSX's and that most of them are pretty good guys on there.

MiamieNeSeX,

Wow, Yugo forums! Had to see for myself...

Hey. I am looking for an extremely cheap car to just play around with. Where can I get a Yugo and how expensive are they? They look like a fun little car to play around with a little.

check on ebay, they show up every now and then for reasonable prices - I just picked up a non-runner for $50 off of ebay about a month ago, but they show up in running condition every now and then for several hundred $$$.

Whoa, $50! That's shift knob pricing!

(Armando, if the purpose of posting that link was to give people perspective about the value of the dollar, the purely subjective emotion of loving a chunk of metal and plastic, and the uselessness of arguing with e-thugs about what high dollar performance car is better, POINT TAKEN!) :biggrin:

Mike

Last edited:
Same old same old...My car has more HP...runs the 1/4 in so many seconds...blah blah blah. I give kudos to vette's, mustangs, wrx, evo, and all the others. But cars are cars, different tastes for different people. Why one would waste time bashing, seems ignorant to me. Too much free time maybe? Or maybe in denial and trying desparately to make them feel better about themselves because they settled for something that they "thought" they wanted cause they didnt know any better? Who knows.

A car can have 1000hp and Id still rather own a car you dont see everyday, ANYDAY, hence I drive an NSX, im happy, and could care less what the guy next to me is driving or how many horsepower or how much he paid.

It's really a shame that the discussion disintegrated into name calling and personal insults. Alas.. like eveyone else says it is just a matter of taste and opinion.

On an amusing side note I went to the Tampa bay auto show this year and strolled into the Chevy display area where they had a few of the new corvettes on display. Of course people were standing around them in droves. I remebered seeing the review of the new Corvette from a clip on TopGear where at the end the reviewer went to the rear fascia by the taillights and pushed it in and out a good 3/4 inch with just his finger. I tried the same thing at the auto show on the display car and sure enough it pushed in and out about as easy as pushing in the side of a carton of milk. The tail lights mived in and out as well... Right away I heard several of the spectators alternatingly gasp, laugh, or exclaim "they sure don't make 'em like they used to!". Within about 20-30 seconds a Chevy floor rep rushed over and reassured the audience that this flexibility that I demonstrated was a deliberate engineering feature of the new Corvette! It was designed that way to "improve crashworthiness". It was very interesting and informative to say the least!

If you think the 'vette guys are clueless, you should check out the Mercedes-Benz AMG forums. I just got the C55 because I needed back seat space, and it is a truly great car, but the guys on the forum over at mbworld.org are SOOO stereotypical it isn't funny. I'm going to miss the nsx community.

slashmatt said:
If you think the 'vette guys are clueless, you should check out the Mercedes-Benz AMG forums. I just got the C55 because I needed back seat space, and it is a truly great car, but the guys on the forum over at mbworld.org are SOOO stereotypical it isn't funny. I'm going to miss the nsx community.

The MB forums do have some snobs. I made a detail post on how to lower a Airmatic S-class suspension for $5. and some guy criticized me for being cheap.. I had to stand my ground and rebutted that It is member like him that is keeping the forum grow, keeping member from posting, sharing tips and experiences. Then he shutted up.

Re: The DigitalCorvettes "Thing"

Hello people! I just had to post something when it comes to any discussion about Vettes, because I've had a few. I had the 84 Z-51 that is the stiffest suspension ever put into mass production, and then a new 99 Coupe. My 99 suffered from horrible paint - probably primer - and it got worse as time went by. It had 5 different colors of red on the car, and GM bought it back. First they offered to paint the car, which I refused since I bought a brand new Vette - not a repainted one. :mad: Everyone would think it had been wrecked. I told the C5 people that it never should have left the factory. They insulted me by acting like I had done something to the car, which had 2,400 miles on it at the time they bought it back. My point is that I've never heard of that happening to an NSX. For GM to allow that to happen to their flagship is an indication of something lacking in the quality control end of things, but I guess that can be accepted at the $45k level of business. It cannot ever be acceptable at the $75k level.
The end result was that I took the money and bought a Ford Lightning and a Mazda Millenia for the same price as the new Vette. GM did nothing to see that I ended up happy and in another new version of one of their vehicles.
The Vette still is what I consider to be the biggest bang for the buck available today, but there are millions of them on the road now. Further is that the Z06 will be the highest base price yet, and I just don't see the justification. We all have our own choices and make them according to individual needs. I just don't want to drive anything that is common and ordinary, and happens to fall into the abyss of instant enormous depreciation.

Second point: For anyone to say an NSX looks like anything else (be as insulting as you want) means NOTHING. I don't believe any of us realize the vast discrepancies in humans when it comes to interpretation of visual input. I worked at a place where all the top dogs parked their luxury cars in the front row, and we all had to go outside to smoke, standing ten feet away from the luxury lineup. One of the owners of those cars was a young lawyer who drove a Cadillac STS. It was wonderful pearl white 2 door, and he banged up the right front fender. For weeks he drove it like that, and the comments from the peanut gallery of about 150 people was "When is he going to get it fixed?" This went on for weeks, and finally in it's place one morning was a 4 door Coupe Deville - IVORY white. I knew immediately it was a loaner, but heard three of the men standing there say "It's about time he got that car fixed!" I was stunned! I spent the next few days making the comment "Well he finally got it fixed" just to see if they recognized it was not the same car. Over half did not. I had never realized we had that much of a difference in our interpretation abilities when looking at a car. For the first time I realized how/why some people say they cannot tell the difference between models. Just because WE DO, we assume that others can too, and that, my friends, is simply not true. Many people see a lump of color with 4 wheels, and little else. :rolleyes:
So - point is that when anyone tells me my car looks like a 49 Gizmo, am I going to feel bad about their statement? Not at all! Instead I feel sorry for them because they are obviously not able to pick out the finer points in automotive design (like one is two feet lower than the other, one had four doors and the other two, etc.) Makes me wonder what they see when they look at their vehicle (Vette or whatever). Also makes me understand why they get insulted about people telling them it looks "Viperish." To them it doesn't, because they don't see the lines of the Viper either!

Reading the posts here about these type of things tells me more about what the author of the post is like as a person, and that's why I read them. NOT because I want anyone to defend this or that car.

Zap :smile:

Back