• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please talk me out of selling my car...

Well, I think it is time to sell her. I have had her for 2 years now, and I feel like I am not using the car to it's potential. It pretty much sits in my garage 99.9% of the time and gets driven about once every other week (if at that). I live in California so the weather has nothing to do with this. I just don't feel safe leaving it anywhere, so when I do drive her, I feel like I am attached to the car with a leash, and I constantly think about door dings and vandalism. I am not rich by any means so a little extra money in my pocket every month would be a welcomed benefit. I know it's a horrible time to sell cars, especially this type of car, as the the market is small. What do you guys think?

I had a 96 NSX that I bought used, with 45K miles on it, and sold my 03 S2000 that I only put 15K miles on it in 4 years. I only drove my NSX on weekends and worried about the resale value due to the higher miles...after two years, the resale market was stronger and I sold it, hoping to find a newer model with lower mile. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one and decided to purchase an 04 Porsche 996 C4S with 27K miles. I drove about the same but took it on the track and ran two Porsche drivers education sessions and really enjoyed the experience.

At the end of August, an 05 NSX was on the market locally, with 14K miles, and I couldn't let it get away. Now that I've driven it at one of the drivers education events, there is no question I'm selling the C4S....with both sitting in my garage, I always want to drive the NSX! Don't let yours get away.....if you keep it, with low mileage, it will always be valuable. My problem now, is the market for everything is bad, but I'm sure next spring things should turnaround and hopefully I can move my Porsche!

Don't sell your NSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

You'll regret it instantly. And then you'll be searching, probably fruitlessly, for another one. So what if you don't drive it often? Do you love it when you do drive it?

Keep the car.

I honestly think about selling mine every 2/3 days just to free up money I could put in the bank. No I don't drive it much but when I open that garage door I can't bring myself to do it. If someone walked up with cash then that might be a different story but going through the advertising process would keep me so deperessed.

I figure since the economy sucks so bad, why not list it? I am still 50/50 on selling it but if the right price came along, I would sell it. It would probably take months to sell but I don't see a downside of listing it now. Still, a part of me hopes it doesn't sell. Surprisingly, my wife asked me wtf I was doing. She told me that I loved the car and that I shouldn't sell it. Do I have a keeper or what?:biggrin:

Last edited:
I figure since the economy sucks so bad, why not list it? I am still 50/50 on selling it but if the right price came along, I would sell it. It would probably take months to sell but I don't see a downside of listing it now. Still, a part of me hopes it doesn't sell. Surprisingly, my wife asked me wtf I was doing. She told me that I loved the car and that I shouldn't sell it. Do I have a keeper or what?:biggrin:

If you don't HAVE to sell then don't. You seem like you have a passion for the NSX and you'll be back sometime later. I'd put it up for sale and take the right price if it came along.

Stephen

I can cut down alot of $ selling my nsx or the supercharged range rover but than I don't feel like I have what I want so I will probably just end up getting more expensive cars than I had before just to meet my needs. Now if that money I spending on my cars are much better spent somewhere else where I can make more money with it, I wouldn't hesistate to do it. Keep it for another year and than sell it to me, I am local and I want that color..:tongue:

don't worry you'll be back =)

You can talk your self out of it by driving it more. This is not a good time to sell. You will loose a lot of money.

What did you buy the NSX for originally? Did you expect to only put 2k miles/year on it, and save it for sunny days only? If so...sell it if that's what you want. But, if you bought it to *enjoy* then just get out there and do that. Drive it to work. To the grocery store. Why not? My 2005, purchased brand new, has 22k miles on it and is, once again, my daily driver. I wouldn't have it any other way.

(yes, I worry about door dings but, if it happens, such is life...)

Why dont you just buy a cheap daily driver?

i drive my nsx on the daily ONLY if i dont have to park where it might get dinged. shes not a weekend car at all. sad to say i havent washed her in weeks.

its a car, use it like one

Maxiumus_NSX.

If you don't get your asking price, then it's meant for you to keep her. I think we need to go on a long cruise tomorrow together. Maybe we'll switch cars, so you can see her in from a distance. :biggrin:LOL.

Well, I think it is time to sell her. I have had her for 2 years now, and I feel like I am not using the car to it's potential. It pretty much sits in my garage 99.9% of the time and gets driven about once every other week (if at that). I live in California so the weather has nothing to do with this. I just don't feel safe leaving it anywhere, so when I do drive her, I feel like I am attached to the car with a leash, and I constantly think about door dings and vandalism. I am not rich by any means so a little extra money in my pocket every month would be a welcomed benefit. I know it's a horrible time to sell cars, especially this type of car, as the the market is small. What do you guys think?

I think you f*cked up when you decided to buy Silver:biggrin:

Dude your car is Volvo silver who's gonna vandalize it?? Do they even know it's there ..LOL

Seriously enjoy the thing! It really is a bad time to sell so park it where you can see it or way away from other cars. Vandalism really isn't a problem for the NSX as people like them and just want to look at them .. well except for maybe a silverrock one:tongue:

So many people have sold their NSX only to come back looking for another one. Many leave to "upgrade" to another make/model and they come back. Think how you'll feel without the NSX and not even having a replacement vehicle.

Don't do it. Go on our drives when we do 'em. I know we're going to have a lot more next year. Think of how much fun you have in it. That's not easily matched. You already know you'll regret it, otherwise you wouldn't have started the thread.

As for driving it around, you know there are dozens of NSXs in the Bay Area that are driven often and nothing bad happens. At least not as far as vandalism and/or damage. Keep it. Come next spring and our first drive, you'll thank me for the advice.:smile:

J

I love you guys, even Wingzy.:tongue:

a_barfing.jpg

I honestly think about selling mine every 2/3 days just to free up money I could put in the bank. No I don't drive it much but when I open that garage door I can't bring myself to do it. If someone walked up with cash then that might be a different story but going through the advertising process would keep me so deperessed.

I do the same thing. I don't drive mine too much but sure enjoy it when I do. On the flip side, most investments aren't yielding many returns so we aren't missing out on much.

Maximus -

I was surprised to see your post that the car is for sale. I don't know you but just seeing the banter back and forth regarding Silverrock vs LBBP shows that you are an enthusiast.

Don't sell the NSX. One reason is that you have a nice +02 model and great color. Second reason - you need to drive it more. Door dents and dings happen and although painful, if you are parking the car far away you'll minimize this occurance. Fear of it being stolen? Well if a thief really wants your car they will come and get it regardless of prevention - should this deter you from owning it? Hell No!

You just can't get a better bang for your buck in the sports car arena. Have you thought what you would do with the money? I bet it won't be near as fun as owning the NSX.

I'm driving mine in a country where the driving standard is terrible at best and still love everyday in her...worth the price of admission in all honesty. I don't think NSX owners should be fearful of miles either as these cars run forever. My mate here in Dubai is super rich and owns 3 Lamborghini's (LP560, Murcielago, Gallardo), 2 NSX's (03 Silverstone Auto, 05 Silverstone Auto), 1 Audi R8, and what do you think he still prefers driving even though its an automatic? NSX.

My $0.02...

Talk you out of selling it?

"Hey you stupid A-hole! What are you? Stupid? Don't sell your car you idiot!

Ok seriously... what the hell part of town do you live in that you feel like every time you park it, it's going to get vandalized? I drive my car out and about all the time. It's never been messed with.

Maximus -

I was surprised to see your post that the car is for sale. I don't know you but just seeing the banter back and forth regarding Silverrock vs LBBP shows that you are an enthusiast.

My $0.02...

The original Silverrock gang has dropped like flies:biggrin: There's almost no one left to bash on. Skibanker and Turbo2Go are pretty much all that's left.

Turbo2Go modded his car so much that he'll have to give it to his great grand children just to break even and SkiBanker is so busy from international transactions that he's probably using a G5 to commute. Long Live LBBP:biggrin:

Back