• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please talk me out of selling my car...

Maximus -

I was surprised to see your post that the car is for sale. I don't know you but just seeing the banter back and forth regarding Silverrock vs LBBP shows that you are an enthusiast.

Don't sell the NSX. One reason is that you have a nice +02 model and great color. Second reason - you need to drive it more. Door dents and dings happen and although painful, if you are parking the car far away you'll minimize this occurance. Fear of it being stolen? Well if a thief really wants your car they will come and get it regardless of prevention - should this deter you from owning it? Hell No!

You just can't get a better bang for your buck in the sports car arena. Have you thought what you would do with the money? I bet it won't be near as fun as owning the NSX.

I'm driving mine in a country where the driving standard is terrible at best and still love everyday in her...worth the price of admission in all honesty. I don't think NSX owners should be fearful of miles either as these cars run forever. My mate here in Dubai is super rich and owns 3 Lamborghini's (LP560, Murcielago, Gallardo), 2 NSX's (03 Silverstone Auto, 05 Silverstone Auto), 1 Audi R8, and what do you think he still prefers driving even though its an automatic? NSX.

My $0.02...

Thanks Jet. The only reason why I haven't sold the NSX is because I still love it. If this was any other car sitting in my garage and collecting dust, it would have been gone long ago. Does your friend really prefer the NSX over the Lambo and R8? Wow!

Thanks Jet. The only reason why I haven't sold the NSX is because I still love it. If this was any other car sitting in my garage and collecting dust, it would have been gone long ago. Does your friend really prefer the NSX over the Lambo and R8? Wow!

Yes, he really does. He likes the "simplicity" of driving the NSX and worries about it less than the others for obvious reasons (cost, rarity, expense to service, etc). Don't get me wrong he loves the other cars but his daily is the NSX most days...

I'll try and get over to his garage and snap some photos.

Check this out...I've listed my Jeep SRT8 in order to daily drive my NSX more and get rid of the payments on the Jeep. That's NSX dedication or insanity as some garage queen owners would suggest...hehe.

I honestly think about selling mine every 2/3 days just to free up money I could put in the bank. No I don't drive it much but when I open that garage door I can't bring myself to do it. If someone walked up with cash then that might be a different story but going through the advertising process would keep me so deperessed.
I'm in the exact same position. I pretty much never drive mine (400 miles in 8 years), its sits in the garage and seems like such a waste. But when I do drive it, it puts a big smile on my face and I just cant bring myself to list it for sale. I try to talk myself into selling it by telling everyone I intend to sell it, it just doesn't seem to be working.

If you can, just keep her. Prices on these cars are going down the tank. Even the exotic car dealerships are trying to get rid of a low mileage 05 or $53K. That's crazy. Try to wait it out for a couple of years +.
This recession is not helping the value of anything and the worst is yet to come. It is just the beginning of a downward economic trend.

Seems like only the earlier years 91-94 are holding value at $25-30K.

Little off topic:
Jetpilot: Is it true that Dubai has some type of underwater shopping mall or hotel? I did not believe it. I've heard a lot of stories about Dubai $$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:
Check this out...I've listed my Jeep SRT8 in order to daily drive my NSX more and get rid of the payments on the Jeep. That's NSX dedication or insanity as some garage queen owners would suggest...hehe.

Sounds like sheer logic to me ;-).

Don't sell, you don't need the money right now (it seems) and you wont get as much right now if you do sell. Be wise about it, wait until the economy pics up and then worry about it.

And then when that time comes, don't sell it ;-). A weekend warrior is still a warrior you can enjoy and I don't know of an NSX owner who's sold one and NOT regretted it!

Correct. I'll hold my Jeep until the crap is cleaned off the fan if you know what I mean. I've listed my Jeep for one week and not one call. I was at our Grand Racing Weekend and two exotic car dealers were there. One of them told me that no one is buying exotics at the moment...

If this is happening in Dubai where cash flows like water then there's serious issues out there.

Dubai Shopping Mall underwater - nope there was a concept years ago and it never came to be. The two big malls here are Mall of the Emirates with Ski Dubai inside and Dubai Mall (to be World's largest mall - if it beats West Edmonton Mall in Canada).

Maximus - don't sell...

Maximus -

Just loosen up a bit and take the X out more frequently. If your scared about damages or worst being stolen- that's what insurance are there for :biggrin: DON'T SELL!!!

NSX GT-

regarding DUBAI!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7JASOno2IQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7JASOno2IQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I do the same thing. I don't drive mine too much but sure enjoy it when I do. On the flip side, most investments aren't yielding many returns so we aren't missing out on much.

I'm on the exact flipside of you Max. I sold mine 6 months ago. Had to have the beautiful home at a "steal". Brilliant...

Now I'm sitting in a house I could barely break even in (could be worse, I know) and sold my X just to do that. Well, I'm looking again. Another thing to consider. YOu have secured financing right now (or no payment at all, whatever the case), which is a rarity. You need to have a ton of cash right now for banks to step up.

Keep mulling it over...

Correct. I'll hold my Jeep until the crap is cleaned off the fan if you know what I mean. I've listed my Jeep for one week and not one call. I was at our Grand Racing Weekend and two exotic car dealers were there. One of them told me that no one is buying exotics at the moment...

If this is happening in Dubai where cash flows like water then there's serious issues out there.

Maximus - don't sell...

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw those Dubai vids. I was watching a special last week talking about foreclosures in Dubai .... Foreclosures in Dubai:eek::eek::eek: They're expecting gas here to go under a dollar before years end so that means $20 oil a barrel. I imagine that will slow up a whole lot of Middle East projects.

Back