• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pole Position Seats

Why cant you unbolt it from the floor and slide the smaller end threw and reattach it?

If anyone has Pole positions, how are you buckling up? Since the buckle/clicking mechanism does not fit in the "hole," I have to bring the belt over to the side of the seat. It's terribly inconvenient. I've heard of people finding smaller buckles that fit through the hole?

I've read somewhere(s2ki?) Where someone used the buckle out of an older prelude that fit through the hole at least I think it was a prelude. U can also buy an extension that clips in to the stock belt and fits through the hole. Gonna look it up tonight and see what I can find as I'm looking for this solution also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Here's the S2Ki thread.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/942074-recaro-pole-position-spg-with-buddy-club-rails/page__st__25

Here's a thread with someone just fabricating an extension out of metal.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/844957-recaro-pole-position/page__view__findpost__p__20216393
seat2.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

I'm thinking maybe sourcing a buckle assembly from another Acura that is slightly longer than the NSX might be a cleaner solution than an eBay extender.

Last edited:
Here's the S2Ki thread.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/942074-recaro-pole-position-spg-with-buddy-club-rails/page__st__25

Here's a thread with someone just fabricating an extension out of metal.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/844957-recaro-pole-position/page__view__findpost__p__20216393
seat2.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

I'm thinking maybe sourcing a buckle assembly from another Acura that is slightly longer than the NSX might be a cleaner solution than an eBay extender.

Interesting extender, never seen those before.

Are all buckles a standard size? Or does it depend on manufacture? Like could I use any Honda buckle to fit the NSX belt?

I don't think so. Some guy posted that the integra and civic wouldn't fit the s2000 but the prelude would. I guess you'd just have to try it. I would think model year would affect it as well.

I wish I had gotten ABE versions of the Pole Position
like the ones in this pic

attachment.php

They don't sell them in the states. Unless I'm mistaken.:frown: You sure about the buckles being different? I know GM uses the same ones and only change them for safety reasons over the years.

Last edited:
I'm using receptacles from a 4th gen Prelude. It's all fabric from the receptacle to the plate that bolts to the seat rail. The buckle goes through (not over) the hole in the seat.

I'm using receptacles from a 4th gen Prelude. It's all fabric from the receptacle to the plate that bolts to the seat rail. The buckle goes through (not over) the hole in the seat.

Can you please post a pic

If anyone has Pole positions, how are you buckling up? Since the buckle/clicking mechanism does not fit in the "hole," I have to bring the belt over to the side of the seat. It's terribly inconvenient. I've heard of people finding smaller buckles that fit through the hole?

Actually, if you have the CORRECT version of the Recaro Pole Position, then the buckle/clicking mechanism DOES fit into the hole of the seat.

Just this weekend I installed my Recaro PP's into my car with the ScienceofSpeed Sliding Seat Rails. Had no trouble getting the seat belt holder in the opening.
However, it is seated VERY deep into the seat, which makes it difficult to click the seat belt in. It certainly takes some time getting used to.

The correct type of the Recaro Pole Position you should be using is the ABE version. The FIA version is the track oriented version and is more suitable for use with a 4-point harness instead of the usual 3-point system.

I took a whole bunch of pictures during the install, but haven't had the time yet to take them from the camera.
Will see if I have some time left tonight and put them in this thread.

Update 0706:
Here is a short completely unedited movie clip about how to mount the seat belt recepticle to the Recaro Pole Position seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2SRRiR1P0g

Enjoy..

Last edited:
Actually, if you have the CORRECT version of the Recaro Pole Position, then the buckle/clicking mechanism DOES fit into the hole of the seat.

Just this weekend I installed my Recaro PP's into my car with the ScienceofSpeed Sliding Seat Rails. Had no trouble getting the seat belt holder in the opening.
However, it is seated VERY deep into the seat, which makes it difficult to click the seat belt in. It certainly takes some time getting used to.

The correct type of the Recaro Pole Position you should be using is the ABE version. The FIA version is the track oriented version and is more suitable for use with a 4-point harness instead of the usual 3-point system.

I took a whole bunch of pictures during the install, but haven't had the time yet to take them from the camera.
Will see if I have some time left tonight and put them in this thread.

Update 0706:
Here is a short completely unedited movie clip about how to mount the seat belt recepticle to the Recaro Pole Position seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2SRRiR1P0g

Enjoy..

I think you missed post #11 my friend

The OP and I know about the ABE version but we have the other version in the car already. We are just looking for solutions with our current set up.

I think you missed post #11 my friend
The OP and I know about the ABE version but we have the other version in the car already. We are just looking for solutions with our current set up.

Sorry about that :wink:

Thinking a bit more about this perhaps the following might be one solution.

It is relatively easy to remove the seat cover from the shell, leaving the bare material accessible. You might be able to enlarge the hole in the seat so the stock seat belt recepticles will actually fit through the hole.
Then, any competent seat cover guy should be able to adjust the seat cover to accomodate the larger hole without leaving any trace.
That way you would be effectively create you own ABE version of the Recaro seat and have solved the problem.

It is relatively easy to remove the seat cover from the shell, leaving the bare material accessible. You might be able to enlarge the hole in the seat so the stock seat belt recepticles will actually fit through the hole.
Then, any competent seat cover guy should be able to adjust the seat cover to accomodate the larger hole without leaving any trace.
That way you would be effectively create you own ABE version of the Recaro seat and have solved the problem.

Dang. I may as well just blow up the car. JK! Good idea, may try a more conservative/more cost-effective method as I've already put additional $$$$'s customizing my seats....

No need to apologize. I apreciate the information that you added to the thread and I'm sure other ppl do as well.

It's much better to have a thread with posts full of information than to have a thread full of posts that say "use the search button"

No need to apologize. I apreciate the information that you added to the thread and I'm sure other ppl do as well.

It's much better to have a thread with posts full of information than to have a thread full of posts that say "use the search button"

+1 ! I wish I knew about these "ABE" versions before. I think this thread will help people who research these seats.

Took a little time this morning to take a few pictures at work from my own install. So here they are..

This combination of leather Recaro Pole Position seats and ScienceofSpeed sliding seat rails saves another 8.2 Kg or 18.1 Lbs from the total weight of the car.

Last edited:
^^ Looks great I really like the ABE versions. Are they still available? I like the red stitch except it wouldn't go with my yellow car lol.

EDIT: just saw your other thread. The red stitch is custom. Nice job.

Last edited:
Back