• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

polished body panels

Does anyone have pictures of possibly the hood polished or rear deck polished, or any other body panels polished? Saw one a while back with the whole hood done, but I had a dream last night where I did the indented part of the hood, the roof, and the inner part of the rear deck (I have got to start sleeping better). Car looked kinda like a chromed skunk, but wondered if anyone had done this, as its a big thing on alum framed bikes.... Thought it kinda looked cool, in a wierd sort of way... :)

Not NSX, but here are a couple of polished Cobras:

photo152.jpg

photo153.jpg

You'd have to custom fabricate the bumpers and other stuff....unless......carbon fibre for all the rubber and plastic parts, and polish all the alluminum

I could see doing a DeLorean...but past that, not something i'd want to drive around in or maintain. To each their own though, those Cobras do look wild like that.

Honda F1 Racing said:
is that Cobra polished or does it have that new chrome paint? I know at SEMA, alot of the cars had that chrome paint including this M3:
chrome21.jpg

chrome5.jpg
That's paint?!

wowwwww....... ummmmm....... errrrrrrr....... that chrome paint is impressive although i dont know if its something id want on my car, a little too much BLING for me. Impressive none the less, never seen anything like that. And as for the cobras they seem to be polished due to the hazy effect they seem to have.

Chris

peter said:
That's paint?!
Yeah, it's some kind of new chrome paint. I think it's hideous, but apparently, alot of cars at SEMA sported it. I saw a picture of a Skyline with the chrome paint too. Can you imagine the problems that paint could cause other drivers with the sun reflecting off of it? haha!

the NSX with the polished hood was mine, I have since changed the hood and the bodykit, but it did grab alot of attention when I did it and in person it garnered quite a few compliments. The NSX body panels can be polished to almost a chrome finish and it did not take alot of upkeep like most thought.
4291nsx_dyno.jpg

4291nosinhood.jpg

damn!! I like it a lot. I'm surprised more people haven't done this

SNDSOUL said:
the NSX with the polished hood was mine, I have since changed the hood and the bodykit, but it did grab alot of attention when I did it and in person it garnered quite a few compliments. The NSX body panels can be polished to almost a chrome finish and it did not take alot of upkeep like most thought.

So what did it take to get it there? I'm still considering it due to all the paint chips in the hood, and me being too cheap to go in for a full paint job.

Looked sharp! :)

Back