• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

possible red light camera ticket - I didn't even run a light!

Today, I was coming out of Marukai Market off Redondo Beach Blvd, as I drove toward Normandie, the light turned red. I decided to change to the right lane so I can take Normandie, and then Artesia, then 110. However, as I stop at the intersection of Normandie and Redondo, waiting to make a right as there is a car coming from Normandie, I felt several flashed. Then, I noticed that there is a red light camera at this intersection. What puzzled me is that I didn't run a red light, nor I "rolled" a right turn. The only thing I might be guilty of is that I sped up to change to the right lane but stopped at the intersection.

My question is, have anyone gotten a red light camera ticket? Does it consist of pictures of both entering and existing the intersection? Because if it does, I don't think I will be cited. However, if it only consist of picture entering the intersection, how can I prove my innocent? Any help is greatly appreciated..:eek:

Last edited:
Most government agencies have video of the violation that shows the vehicle movement just before and after the red light comes on. They will mail you the violation with instructions (and a PIN number) on how to access the video online. Review the video to see exactly what you did and respond to the agency accordingly. Most agencies have a police officer reviewing these vids and he/she decides which ones should be pursued and mailed to the offender. If you don't agree with the officers judgement. challenge it in court.

How do I know these things you say?????? I'm part of a team that runs such a system in a modearte sized city.

They will mail you the violation with instructions (and a PIN number) on how to access the video online. Review the video to see exactly what you did and respond to the agency accordingly.

I would think that would confirm receipt of the ticket. I tear up tickets if I get them in the mail and make them send a process server. Maybe CA is different though.

Similar situation happened to me in Hollywood. The only difference was that I moved into the left turn lane, instead of the right. At that point, the requisite lights flashed. I assumed this was because my front wheels crossed the stop line. This happened 3 months ago. I never received any notice of violation.

Back