• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Posting LARGE pics

I've looked through the "Search" and have not seen the following addressed:

How is it possible that pictures get posted in various forums on Prime that are high-quality and crystal clear and large enough to take up the entire browser window (they have to be larger than the 100KB max)???

Because the pictures are uploaded elsewhere, not the prime server, and linked using '
url].. '
'. For instance, I use photobucket to upload pics up to 800x600 but over 100kB.

gracious hosts...

ericwgnsx said:
I've looked through the "Search" and have not seen the following addressed:

How is it possible that pictures get posted in various forums on Prime that are high-quality and crystal clear and large enough to take up the entire browser window (they have to be larger than the 100KB max)???

Try http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com as a host for your images.... they don't have a size limit! :cool:

Try to keep hosted images to an 800x600 size limit. It's a pain in the ass when some numbnuts posts a 1280 (or larger) wide photo that causes the entire thread to go into horizontal scroll mode.

Hugh said:
Try to keep hosted images to an 800x600 size limit. It's a pain in the ass when some numbnuts posts a 1280 (or larger) wide photo that causes the entire thread to go into horizontal scroll mode.
+1 on that. 800x600 is respectable size for photos. Not too large to where you have both horizontal and vertical scrolling and not too small to where you need a magnifying glass to see. I run my resolution at 1900x1200 but have multiple windows open simulatneously and never at full screen (with the exception of Photoshop and Flash). I absolutely hate having to scroll for large pics.

blackna1 said:
Because the pictures are uploaded elsewhere, not the prime server, and linked using '
url].. '
'. For instance, I use photobucket to upload pics up to 800x600 but over 100kB.

You can upload NSX-related images to this server in the Photopost Gallery: http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/index.php

You can then link them from your message the same way you would an image from Photobucket or other third-party image upload sites.

Back