• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Potential NSX

I hope you are sincere and have the means to purchase an NSX and are not just jerking people around.

10gd0ys.gif

I hope you are sincere and have the means to purchase an NSX and are not just jerking people around.

10gd0ys.gif

Although in the eyes of a few on this forum i am nothing but a mere troll. But I have better things to do besides play on the internet. I am trying to purchase a NSX and I wish to buy one from a forum member since I know there could possibly be no better place to buy one than the forum of the actual car. I know good and well majority treat their cars like royalty. I do know that not everybody really cares for a car as some of us car guys(or gals) do. Thats why I am here to receive help and advice from the very owners of this magnificent piece of engineering.

Although in the eyes of a few on this forum i am nothing but a mere troll. But I have better things to do besides play on the internet. I am trying to purchase a NSX and I wish to buy one from a forum member since I know there could possibly be no better place to buy one than the forum of the actual car. I know good and well majority treat their cars like royalty. I do know that not everybody really cares for a car as some of us car guys(or gals) do. Thats why I am here to receive help and advice from the very owners of this magnificent piece of engineering.

Reminds me sooo much of FChat lukewarmwater, see thread here -

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327810&page=4

Yea, got suspended over there.

10gd0ys.gif

Is it just me or is there something kind of creepy about this photo? LOL

Now that your girlfriends father/your father in law realizes he can't give you that 2004 rhd from Germany as your 17th birthday present have him pony up the cash for something here.....

o4HondaNSX, it's lier like you that degrade the "Quality" of this forum. :frown:

Listen, we want to help you and NSX Prime is here as a resource for new owners. If you had displayed the positive attitude you have here in this this thread the first time around, you would have gotten a much different reception. Look, I remember when I was 17. Boys that age are a lot of talk and not much action. It's ok. You came onto this forum and like a typical 17 year old, starting talking up your 2004 RHD 40 mile NSX- a car you haven't even seen- as if it was going to impress us. It didn't. You don't need to impress us. As others have said, there have been several teenage members who asked the right questions, learned about the car and ended up with a nice NSX and some new friends to boot.

Personally, I do not think it is the best financial decision to get an exotic car at your age. That money is better spent on education or invested for retirement in a Roth IRA. It will pay off much more than a used NSX, which- let's be real- will merely be used to show off to your friends and may result in perhaps a few awkward sexual encounters with underage girls. But, it's a free country and you can do whatever you want.

If you really want to buy a NSX, then we will help you do that. Several members have pointed you to various cars that are within your claimed budget. The ones you listed yourself are all excellent cars and I would recommend any one of them. One member even offered you his own car for sale. The time has come to s&$t or get off the pot, as they say. If you are serious about doing this then do it. If not, then you need to stop jerking the forum around. It is fine to just say "I'm not really ready to do this, but I want to learn as much about the car as I can so that when I am ready I can get the right one." No one will fault you for that.

In fact, we still have no idea what you are interested in. Coupe or T? NA1 or NA2? Is this car going to be a daily driver or a toy? Have you considered the cost of insurance on a car like this at your age? If you work with us, we can help guide you through this decision process. Right now, it's like taking shots in the dark.

Listen, we want to help you and NSX Prime is here as a resource for new owners. If you had displayed the positive attitude you have here in this this thread the first time around, you would have gotten a much different reception. Look, I remember when I was 17. Boys that age are a lot of talk and not much action. It's ok. You came onto this forum and like a typical 17 year old, starting talking up your 2004 RHD 40 mile NSX- a car you haven't even seen- as if it was going to impress us. It didn't. You don't need to impress us. As others have said, there have been several teenage members who asked the right questions, learned about the car and ended up with a nice NSX and some new friends to boot.

Personally, I do not think it is the best financial decision to get an exotic car at your age. That money is better spent on education or invested for retirement in a Roth IRA. It will pay off much more than a used NSX, which- let's be real- will merely be used to show off to your friends and may result in perhaps a few awkward sexual encounters with underage girls. But, it's a free country and you can do whatever you want.

If you really want to buy a NSX, then we will help you do that. Several members have pointed you to various cars that are within your claimed budget. The ones you listed yourself are all excellent cars and I would recommend any one of them. One member even offered you his own car for sale. The time has come to s&$t or get off the pot, as they say. If you are serious about doing this then do it. If not, then you need to stop jerking the forum around. It is fine to just say "I'm not really ready to do this, but I want to learn as much about the car as I can so that when I am ready I can get the right one." No one will fault you for that.

In fact, we still have no idea what you are interested in. Coupe or T? NA1 or NA2? Is this car going to be a daily driver or a toy? Have you considered the cost of insurance on a car like this at your age? If you work with us, we can help guide you through this decision process. Right now, it's like taking shots in the dark.

My personal preference would be a Targa. NA1 or NA2 does not make a difference. Its going to be just a toy car. Yes I have considered the cost and it is going to be paid off by another individual. I thought I answered these questions a bit earlier in this thread. I do realize that ALOT of kids my age come here to show off about something they do not own. Im sure if you everybody knew me personally they would know that telling a lie and being called a liar is something I do not tolerate. I would consider picking this car up in about 20 years or so when I can support my own self but in reality in about 20-30 years this car may be completely impossible to find. I do see why everybody wants me to save for college or a retirement plan but I can reassure I have all of that covered. I have been planning my life ahead of time for a very long time. I have a full scholarship to several school and I have already started a retirement fund. I am well ahead of many people my age. Im not trying to gloat or showoff in front of anybody as I know good and well everybody here worked very hard for what they have accomplished.

My personal preference would be a Targa. NA1 or NA2 does not make a difference. Its going to be just a toy car.

Ok. This is better. In your budget, you are going to be confined to a 95 or 96, since decent 97+ NA2's still are north of $40k. I know you like GPW, but there are no cars in that color for 1995 and only about 50 1996 cars out there. You may be waiting a while to find one, which is fine. Otherwise, once again black and red are the most prevalent colors for those years. Here some 1995 and 1996 T's currently for sale- all well within your budget:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142433

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152037

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151944 This one you CAN legally import. :)

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141183

Also, if you want an affordable white NSX-T, there is this one. It is a respray and auto, but it still is a NSX. Needs a few grand in work though. http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150384

I have been planning my life ahead of time for a very long time. I have a full scholarship to several school and I have already started a retirement fund.

I'm glad to hear that.

. I have a full scholarship to several school ...

I notice in your other thread about your RHD '04 import from Germany that you have full scholarships to Harvard and Princeton. They must really want you since although they have reinstated early admission this year they don't announce acceptances until December 15.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1471220&postcount=92

Although I have admit that I am puzzled as to why your life plan would include going into the military after college, especially with an Ivy degree. You get the same second louie pay as every other college/OCS grad.

And since I have a full scholarship to Harvard and Princeton that covers my college tuition, And then joining the Army after college and applying for Officer I think after 20 years of service like my father I should have well over 1 million dollars in saving by the time I turn 40.

And I guess the military will be giving pay raises to their second louies since you seem assured of banking $1 million after 20 years in the service. My USMC Lt. Colonel brother in law must have missed that memo after 28 yrs in the Corps and two deployments in Afghanistan.

A second lt. starts off at $33k and goes up to $42k with 6 yrs in. Do well and make captain and a 6yr captain gets $62k. Brigadier Generals with 10+ yrs in fare much better earning a whopping $92k or so.

I guess your Ivy degree will earn you white collar salaries.

Last edited:
I notice in your other thread about your RHD '04 import from Germany that you have full scholarships to Harvard and Princeton. They must really want you since although they have reinstated early admission this year they don't announce acceptances until December 15.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1471220&postcount=92

Although I have admit that I am puzzled as to why your life plan would include going into the military after college, especially with an Ivy degree. You get the same second louie pay as every other college/OCS grad.

And I guess the military will be giving pay raises to their second louies since you seem assured of banking $1 million after 20 years in the service. My USMC Lt. Colonel brother in law must have missed that memo after 28 yrs in the Corps and two deployments in Afghanistan.

A second lt. starts off at $33k and goes up to $42k with 6 yrs in. Do well and make captain and a 6yr captain gets $62k. Brigadier Generals with 10+ yrs in fare much better earning a whopping $92k or so.

I guess your Ivy degree will earn you white collar salaries.

Throw in BAQ, VHA, hazardous duty pay, Flight pay, etc...and the Military pay ain't bad...

Throw in BAQ, VHA, hazardous duty pay, Flight pay, etc...and the Military pay ain't bad...

I agree it's not bad, but certainly not what you make in the private sector with an Ivy degree. And you still need to work your way up to get into the better salaries, but by no means do I see anyone enlisting after college and being able to bank $1,000,000 by the time they are 40.

My brother in law was offered 3x his pay to go back and do his military job as a civilian in Afghanistan (and not as a merc). If he did that for 20 yrs he could bank $1 million.

I just don't see doing 20 in the Army on the ground and earning that.

I agree it's not bad, but certainly not what you make in the private sector with an Ivy degree. And you still need to work your way up to get into the better salaries, but by no means do I see anyone enlisting after college and being able to bank $1,000,000 by the time they are 40.

My brother in law was offered 3x his pay to go back and do his military job as a civilian in Afghanistan (and not as a merc). If he did that for 20 yrs he could bank $1 million.

I just don't see doing 20 in the Army on the ground and earning that.

My father served in the military for a combine total of 28 years. 4 Years Marine and 24 Years as Army. My father was a well respected soldier. I might do a full 20 maybe less depending on how things turn out later in life. Ive received a full scholarship to Harvard and Prince last year as my Uncle(who is retired) was the Dean of Admissions for Princeton. A recommendation later from him and a few other people from the board of Trustees backed with my wonderful test scores on the SAT and ACT prompted for that. I am going for a Medical Field as a Career. So I make well more than what I would earn in the military. But if things get a bit difficult for the medical field by then I will join the military. Its basically a back up plan if everything fails.

My father served in the military for a combine total of 28 years. 4 Years Marine and 24 Years as Army. My father was a well respected soldier. I might do a full 20 maybe less depending on how things turn out later in life. Ive received a full scholarship to Harvard and Prince last year as my Uncle(who is retired) was the Dean of Admissions for Princeton. A recommendation later from him and a few other people from the board of Trustees backed with my wonderful test scores on the SAT and ACT prompted for that. I am going for a Medical Field as a Career. So I make well more than what I would earn in the military. But if things get a bit difficult for the medical field by then I will join the military. Its basically a back up plan if everything fails.

Nepotism may be one thing but how did you get accepted (and with a full ride) to Harvard 3 months before they announce admissions? What's your SATs? I have to admit that I'm jealous since your IQ beats mine (168-165) and I graduated top of my high school class with a 1427/1600 SAT and couldn't even get wait listed.

Who is your uncle? Janet Rapelye was and is the Dean of Admissions since July 1, 2003 and Logan Powell came in as Director of Admissions in 2008. Is Fred Hargadon your uncle?

fred-hargadon.jpg

Dean Hargadon retired in 2003 after 15 years in the position.

I guess perhaps I missed the family resemblance when checking your pics on your twitter account:

DIPSHIT_Leonard_Gousha.jpg

DIPSHIT_Leonard_Gousha_NSFW.jpg

Also, how did you manage to swing not only admissions but free rides to both Harvard and Princeton while only a Junior in High School? When did you take the SATs? You said you got these last year and you are a 17yr old Senior now. Those letters aren't even scheduled to go out for around 90 more days from now.

Last edited:
Not my money. I dont attend highschool. I attend a private academy. Im not using the NSX as a daily driver since I have a another car already. So it would be pointless to average 12,000 miles a year on this car. If any needed repairs needed to be done I could well afford another NSX just from my personal savings. Consider I already 60K trustfund with my bank since the age of 5 and have been taking interest from my bank. And since I have a full scholarship to Harvard and Princeton that covers my college tuition. QUOTE]

Liar is always a liar. Especially a liar who believes and lives in his own lies.

Consider I already 60K trustfund with my bank since the age of 5 and have been taking interest from my bank.

Can you share with us who you bank with? I think we would all appreciate a little investment advice from someone who is able to live off the interest on $60k in a bank account during economic times when you are lucky to get a point on that type of account.

Back