• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Potential Owner

I am potential buyer looking to purchase a 1991 NSX Red/Black with 42,000 miles.. the specs on the car are.... 5 Speed, Taitec Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, 18/17 prodrive wheels, and ECU upgrade.. interior is in great condition and the exterior is also in great condition.. my question is.. is $30,000 a fair price for this NSX... thanks for your help....

Last edited:
$30,000 is a great price with such low miles..There is a possible issue with that year car. They had problems in the transmission the first two years the car was built. In order to find out if this car has a possible flaw you will need to know the vin number. Even if it falls into that group the possiblity exists that the problem was taken care of. There is one other (tiny) concern.. it has to do with the window guides I believe, but it is minor and people on the board here can tell you how to deal with it. It this was the only problem and the car has never seen serious damage ( check on carfax ) The I would encourage you to buy the car.....Enjoy!

The NSX has had the window fix it thingies replaced.. Also the NSX is out of the snap-ring range... no car accidents.. perfect paint and body...

Sounds like an awesome deal to me!
Has the Timing belt service has been done?
I was able to bargain down 1500.00 on that point alone when buying mine. :smile:

Take it in for an inspection.
Good Luck!!! :biggrin:

I just bought mine on Friday. It is a 91 with 32k. It has 96 rims and new air intake system, otherwise it is stock. Mint condition and I got it for $28,600.

xxx said:
That is one amazing price for an NSX with such low mileage, skegel 1!
Not when it has so many problems with it.

This is a great example of how you can't judge an NSX solely by its year and mileage and claims by the seller that it's in excellent condition. (That might turn out to be a fair price for the car, once all the problems are fixed.)

hopefully those will be minor repairs and I will still come out ahead! I suggest to check out every aspect of the car before buying yours. I made the mistake of only checking the majors and missed a few of the minors! At least I hope they are minors!

With the mods and problems, I think $30k is overpriced for the car. In any event, best of luck with your purchase.

The NSX i am looking at doesn't have any problems... The post after mine is getting confused with the NSX i am looking at....

The problems were in reference to the car that skegel 1 bought for $28,600.

As for the price on the $30,000 car, I would suggest having it inspected by an experienced NSX mechanic in the seller's area, to see if there are any problems with it.

The mods make this car appealing to some people and unattractive to others. If you haven't driven an NSX with these mods before, I would suggest you consider doing so before committing to buying this one.

Change of events.. the owner is now asking $32,000 and no less... I had him down to $30,000 at one point.. now he is asking more ... what to do?????
1991 Red/Black 42,000 miles... Mint Condition...

i'd walk...its winter.

i guess you are in FL - the capital of nice cars.

it all depends on whether looking for another car in the same condit is worth $2k.

i'de simply start looking for another - thats a lame practice on his part. Untrustworthy...

I think 32k is a good price for a "mint" car...if 2k is a problem then maybe the car is not that "mint". You'll blow way more then 2k for problems with a lemon. So is 32k too expensive? Well compared to what?

I had hundreds of cars ( first step is to admit you have a problem :biggrin: ) and my theory has ALWAYS been if you don't get your money worth the first time you drive it then why buy it.....5 seconds and I forget the price and enjoy money well spent. :smile:

NSX4JP said:
I am potential buyer looking to purchase a 1991 NSX Red/Black with 42,000 miles.. the specs on the car are.... 5 Speed, Taitec Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, 18/17 prodrive wheels, and ECU upgrade.. interior is in great condition and the exterior is also in great condition.. my question is.. is $30,000 a fair price for this NSX... thanks for your help....

Sounds like a steal at $30k if the car mint inside out with clean history.

All the mods are very desirable. 17/18 prodrive wheels are hot $1500~$2000, exedy clutch Taitec exhaust together is $3000 mod.

nsxsupra said:
All the mods are very desirable.
Desirable to some potential buyers, not desirable to many others. As with any seriously modded car, if you're looking to buy and they happen to be mods that you would prefer yourself, the car may be a bargain TO YOU. If no one who wants those particular mods is in the market, the car may be more difficult to sell and its market value may be the same as, or even less then, a similar car without such mods. Bottom line, of course, is that if this car is what you want, offer whatever you're willing to pay for it.

Incidentally, to clarify a previous post above...

YellowNSX said:
There is a possible issue with that year car. They had problems in the transmission the first two years the car was built.
The "snap ring" problem first started appearing towards the end of the first model year (1991). About 80 percent of the 1991 model year NSXs were NOT affected by this problem.

NSX4JP said:
Change of events.. the owner is now asking $32,000 and no less... I had him down to $30,000 at one point.. now he is asking more ... what to do?????
1991 Red/Black 42,000 miles... Mint Condition...

Remind him that he rudely backed out of the previous deal at $30,000 and if you want it show him a check for $30,000 and no more.

If it helps, I recently purchased my '91 in October with 16,000 miles and in mint condition for $33,000, and it IS in snap-ring range.

After a PPI, I felt the deal was fair enough considering the mileage and condition. Just FYI...

Back