• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

power door mirrors acting up

Just the other day, I was adjusting my door mirrors, when all of a sudden, the motor would not stop. The motor only stops when I flip the switch in the middle. However, when I flip the switch on the left or right mirror, the motor runs continuously, forcing the mirror to go up all the way and keeps going. This is very strange. I cannot make it stop. Anyone have this problem?

Yep and that's why I did this search.

Hope you got it fixed from '03.

Anyone know how to fix the power mirrors from running all the way up to the corners?

Just off the top of my head, sounds like something in the switch is stuck, or a wire is shorted. You'd have to take a meter to it to find out where, I would expect.

Have you tested with a known good switch?

Same issue here. I plan to start by blowing out the switch with compressed air and looking at the contact points. I suppose I could jump the wires in the plug to isolate the switch. My guess is that the motor starts and stays engaged because a circuit is open as opposed to closed until the direction button is pushed. Will check and revert in a few days.

any news here? have the same prob. now, was not there 4 weeks ago but now mirror goes to the right till it ends

Back