• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Power Steering

I read in the Wiki that:

"There is a recall out to replace the Electric Power Steering (EPS) control unit. If the steering wheel is moved during start up it's read as a problem and shuts down the EPS (and produces an error code). Contact your dealer and they will take care of it."

This is exactly what happened to me, I turned the wheel while starting up and now the power steering will not come on.

If I clear the error code, would that fix the problem or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

I would do that first. It is the clock fuse in the fuse box that sits in the inner passaneger front wheel fender. Pull it out and put it back in.

There was a Service Bulletin from Honda to the dealerships and that was covered. Go to any dealership and have them pull your VIN# and match it up to the recall. Chances are that your car might already has been fixed by this recall. If not.....

You find the secret way to disable the power steering. Now you can activate a truly manual steering mode.

Back