• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Previous owner ruined the car with these plastic car extensions, removeable?

Hi,

I'm looking at this used car, and it looks like the previous owner had no style sense and added these really ugly plastic extensions to the car.

Has anyone seen this before? Can these be safely removed or they will probably damage the original paint if removed?

2f34ec5d-8d87-4585-b90c-d88c7342165f.jpg

Last edited:
Aaagh My Retinas! Just kidding I've seen worst. I think shawn110975 could answer this question with more authority. But, I would imagine the paint would be damaged removing them. A mod like this makes me wonder if the paint is original anyway. Especially on the nose. Good luck in your search.

Just looks like a lower front bumper, side skirts and rear valence. I too think this car has probably had paintwork done anyways but the bodywork may be hiding more ugliness, like screws into the body and overexcited use of adhesives.

the front lip is prob 3m sticky taped on most are with prob a few screws to help hold it up. when you remove it its gonna need to be painted and I can promise you that the OEM lip has been removed.
the sideskirts attach with push in clamps that can be removed and some sticky tape used.

but then your going to be missing the sideskirts because the OEM ones are long gone.

If this car is an automatic and you want a manual just leave it alone. You won't be happy.

Don't go for a Caitlyn if you're more of a Bruce fan. Easier to find a Bruce than change a Caitlyn back to a Bruce. YMMV :)

^^^lol^^^

If this car is an automatic and you want a manual just leave it alone. You won't be happy.

Definitely. Don't go for a Caitlyn if you're not looking for a shift lever between the seats like that. Don't settle. :) :) :)

Last edited:
Back