• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pride Headers, Pride Resonated Test Pipe, Circuit Werks X-Pipe exhaust Review

It was very quiet to me, as you can tell in the video. I wanted a more aggressive exhaust which is why I am switching the the V2 tonight. I hope I like it :biggrin:

Very nice. Gets louder as u get on the accel. What made u switch from resonated tp to just tp?
I have tp now and just ordered some rtp. Hope to get rid of the drone on my Cantrell exhaust.

Sounds good.
Here's a clip of taken recently in my car (windows closed) with the current RM Racing system with cats. It's quite at low rpms and gets pretty loud at higher rpm full throttle. No drone. You'll have to excuse my daughter. She got pretty flustered being that this was the first time she's been in the car and she forgot to hit the record button when I started the run.

https://cloud.real.com/s/fIDpaW

- - - Updated - - -

It was very quiet to me, as you can tell in the video. I wanted a more aggressive exhaust which is why I am switching the the V2 tonight. I hope I like it :biggrin:

You'll have to let me know what you think of the V2. That's what I originally intended on replacing the RM with, but I'm a little concerned about the drone that some guys experience and the loudness with test pipes. Are you going to keep the test pipes in?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good.
Here's a clip of taken recently in my car (windows closed) with the current RM Racing system with cats. It's quite at low rpms and gets pretty loud at higher rpm full throttle. No drone. You'll have to excuse my daughter. She got pretty flustered being that this was the first time she's been in the car and she forgot to hit the record button when I started the run.

So I just got done swapping over to the V2 and I must it is a night and day difference. It is very loud outside of the car and not that bad inside the car. I put back on my resonated test pipes to calm it down. I have to drive it to see how it is on the ears on the highway.

Sounds good.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll have to let me know what you think of the V2. That's what I originally intended on replacing the RM with, but I'm a little concerned about the drone that some guys experience and the loudness with test pipes. Are you going to keep the test pipes in?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good.

Yeah, me too. Like to see your review. Especially for highway driving. My rtp is on its way here.

I've been running the pride v2 with the pride resonated test pipes for about a year now. I still get compliments on the sound. I blip the throttle in tunnels and while going through underpasses every chance I get.

I don't really notice any drone but then again my tolerance for sound is really high. Sound is subjective.

I've been running the pride v2 with the pride resonated test pipes for about a year now. I still get compliments on the sound. I blip the throttle in tunnels and while going through underpasses every chance I get.

I don't really notice any drone but then again my tolerance for sound is really high. Sound is subjective.

Good to know.

So I have had the exhaust on the car a couple of days and I must say that I am in love with it. Just like relapse pointed out, once you here this thing in a tunnel you will not be able to keep the smile off of your face. Under normal driving the car is not loud. I can still talk on the phone and hear my music as i could before. But once you step on the gas and give it a decent amount of throttle the exhaust really opens up and lets out a nice aggressive roar. I will post sound clips this week.

Look forward to vid clip.
I am anxiously waiting to get my car back, wanting to see if the resonated tp make any different on my setup.

Had some drone when I upgraded to just the V2 exhaust. After I installed the Pride headers the drone disappeared. I think I'll be keeping the stock cats for a while. I have to make sure to make a pass through downtown with the windows down almost every time I drive the NSX just to hear the intoxicating wail. Pride FTW!

Anyone have any sound clips of Pride V2 Exhaust/Header combo?

I currently have just the V2 exhaust but looking to maybe add headers. Am I crazy that I actually like the drone though?

I have had the Pride V2 & RTPs for over 2 years, with the Headers and a DF intake installed just last summer. I'm no expert but I don't notice any drone, but I do notice the constant smile on my face!

I've received many positive comments from fellow NSXers and car folks that the sound is great, especially while on road trips together. I think the headers & RTPs enhance the qualities of the V2: VTEC is amazing, throttle blips are addictive, downshifting to pass on the highway is epic...everybody also agrees that the setup is loud. Some have said they can hear me more than a half-mile down the road, especially at higher revs.

I am aware of the volume and am very courteous in residential areas, parkades, near law enforcement, and other places... keeping the revs low helps. But once I hit the highway and I have freedom to unleash the beast, the sounds are seismic and intoxicating.

Looks like I have a mission to record a clip soon.

Back