• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy PRIDE V2 Dual & Quad tip exhausts

Well that makes perfect sense. I have been wondering what those holes were ever since buying the exhaust. I still love it!

Yeah I wish the holes were further in so it wouldn't be so noticeable, especially if you have the titanium tips. You can see the nuts/bolts so clearly.

any more pics of the quad :smile:

on a blk na2 would even be better

OK, my review, LOOKS EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL and with quality.

I know, that Bolt With Nut And Washer number is GIANT lo, Mark, send me a clean small one please, thanks LOL

I am extremely happy, I'd recommend this to everyone!

Oscar

Oscar,

I'll send you some Socket Head Cap Screws and Nuts. Thank you for the awesome pictures and video!

Hey Mark (Addicted2Racing):

I have a question about my exhaust. What are the holes on the bottom of the tips for? I just saw the below photo and see there is a bolt in the hole as well as some type of liner (second smaller tube) inside the tip

I appreciate your help...and still love the exhaust!

As mentioned above, yes that hole is for the Titanium slideable burnt tips or Silencers. Thanks Rob!

Mark @ PRIDE

i didn't know the screws were supplies with the exhaust because i didn't receive any.
On another note: I just installed Angus test pipes and mated them to my Pride V2 exhaust...the sounds is absolutely out of this world! Thanks Mark for your service on the exhaust and the rear spoiler.

i picked one of these up from Mark, great communication... and the price is great.

i had a problem with the exhaust not fitting, the flange was clocked the wrong way so it didn't line up, but luckily i was local and Mark drove down to replace it with another that day. can't beat that customer service.

anyways, the new one bolted up fine. fitment isn't perfect, the tips are a little cockeyed... but mass produced exhausts generally have little issues here and there with fitment.

but the exhaust sounds great... its a lil quiet for me, but that's perfect as i will be adding a header later.

overall, i am very satisfied... Mark offers great customer service and i got a sense that he truly cares... the exhaust isn't cosmetically perfect, but sounds great and is certainly a bargain.

Attachments

• P1010927.jpg
    P1010927.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 822
My Pride exhaust passenger side tip was a little off from the right side. I simply "pushed" it towards the right exhaust and it lined up perfectly!

I did this while the exhaust was mounted. Give it a try!

My Pride exhaust passenger side tip was a little off from the right side. I simply "pushed" it towards the right exhaust and it lined up perfectly!

I did this while the exhaust was mounted. Give it a try!

i pushed mine to the left, it was too far right... i'll take a look tomorrow to see if its better.

i pushed mine to the left, it was too far right... i'll take a look tomorrow to see if its better.

seems to look better... but more importantly, drove with both windows down and you can hear the sound much better... and it sounds soooo good! :cool:

I recently ordered a Pride V2 Quad Tips exhaust and SOS adaptors from Mark. The overall transaction from ordering to delivery was very smooth. I was picky of the date for the exhaust to be shipped and arrive since I wanted to be there in person to receive it. The SOS adaptors were originally going to be shipped together in the same box with the exhaust to save me freight cost, but I expressed concern that the SOS adaptors could potentially dent the exhaust if the shipping was handled roughly. Mark was very understanding about this and offered to ship the SOS Adaptors separately to me at his own cost, which I accepted. Mark also promptly shipped the exhaust on the exact date that I requested and it arrived one day earlier than I expected which worked out well.

I received the Pride V2 exhaust safely in one piece (thank goodness since FedEx has a history of being rough in handling my packages). The exhaust was well packaged and it took some time for me to carefully remove areas that were taped to the exhaust. What bugged me was that the tape left sticky residue on the areas that were taped to the exhaust after peeling off the tape. Before installing the exhaust I had to go out and buy a bottle of Goo Gone so I could rub off the sticky residue, which took some time to do. Anyhow, I rather have a well packaged exhaust and deal with rubbing off the sticky residue left by tape instead shipping back a poorly packaged exhaust with bent tips. As for the overall exterior quality of the exhaust, I would give it a 9 out of 10. There are some tiny little dings and scratches on the metal of the exhaust if looked at very close-up, but more importantly the welds are well done.

The removal of the old stock exhaust and installing of the new Pride V2 exhaust took longer than I anticipated, but I did take my time. Besides doing oil changes myself, it was my first time uninstalling/installing an exhaust on any car. I told Mark about this and he told me to call him anytime if I needed help during the install. Although I never had to call Mark, I can tell his customer service attitude is excellent. I also read a lot of posts on NSXPrime about the exhaust install process, which looked fairly straightforward to do, so I decided to do it myself since a local exhaust shop quoted me $178 to install a new exhaust :eek:. The hardest part was loosening the stock exhaust springs/bolts even after spraying WD-40. I first used a 14mm socket wrench to unscrew the springs/bolts, but I then realized (if I recall correctly) that I also needed a 12mm socket wrench to loosen the smaller bolts on the opposite end of the springs/bolts. Once I did this, loosening all the bolts were much easier. Getting down the old stock exhaust wasn’t as difficult as I expected. I just had to carefully lower it down with one knee.

Installing the new Pride V2 was quite a learning experience. Mounting the new exhaust to the exhaust hangars was a pain to do. The issue was that I bolted on the SOS adaptors onto the Pride exhaust, which put on additional weight and limited the amount of maneuvering room I had under the NSX. I ended up taking off the SOS adaptors, which made mounting the Pride exhaust to the hangers much easier. I then made sure everything was aligned properly, and lastly bolted and tightened up the SOS adaptors to the Pride exhaust and catalytic converters. The overall fitment of the Pride V2 is a 9 out of 10, it is not perfect, but good enough to me for the price and the sounds it provides.

Speaking of sound, the Pride V2 exhaust emits a very refine rumble/throaty/growling sound (whatever you call it). It is exactly what I wanted :biggrin: (note that I did not hear the Pride exhaust in person before my purchase). The Pride exhaust is definitely louder than the stock exhaust at idle, but not much (see my sample video below). I’m also glad that it doesn’t emit an annoyingly low frequency rumble at idle (kind of like a low bass/drone sound) that one can hear several feet away. When revving the NSX, the Pride V2 exhaust lets out a nice loud growl. During driving on the roads, the cabin sounds a tad sportier than the stock exhaust, and as the revs goes up the exhaust growls more loudly. There is a noticeable drone in the cabin between 2-2.8K RPMs, but it doesn’t bother me much. Other than that, the Pride V2 exhaust is very streetable and emits a nice sporty sound even with stock catalytic converters. It would have been nice if all NSXs came with a similar sounding Pride V2 exhaust from the factory.

Pride V2 exhaust idle and rev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ3O28k09Wc

Attachments

• Pride V2 Exhaust.jpg
    Pride V2 Exhaust.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Exhaust Tips Sticky Residue.jpg
    Exhaust Tips Sticky Residue.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 272
  • SOS Exhaust Adaptors.jpg
    SOS Exhaust Adaptors.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Exhausts.jpg
    Exhausts.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 403
  • Pride V2 Exhaust Installed.jpg
    Pride V2 Exhaust Installed.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 373
  • Pride V2 Quad Tips Exhaust.jpg
    Pride V2 Quad Tips Exhaust.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 488
  • Pride V2 Exhaust Tips.jpg
    Pride V2 Exhaust Tips.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 375
sounds really good and fitment is excellent
on high revs has a beautiful tone to it
zero drone
Mine is mated to a set of Cantrell headers

pleasure doing business with Mark
thank you

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 422
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Nice review.

My Pride V2 had no sticky residue anywhere, no dings, scratches or imperfections anywhere and fit superbly!

I cannot say enough about this exhaust...especially considering the price!

I give the entire experience a 10/10.

Even better, SOS (love these guys!) only charged me $40.00 to install the Pride 2 Exhaust. Can you believe this??? I didn't get the exhaust through SOS but they still charged me a measly $40 to install. It doesn't get any better than this!

Thanks Mark at Pride and Chris/Wade at SOS!

I recently ordered a Pride V2 Quad Tips exhaust and SOS adaptors from Mark. The overall transaction from ordering to delivery was very smooth. I was picky of the date for the exhaust to be shipped and arrive since I wanted to be there in person to receive it. The SOS adaptors were originally going to be shipped together in the same box with the exhaust to save me freight cost, but I expressed concern that the SOS adaptors could potentially dent the exhaust if the shipping was handled roughly. Mark was very understanding about this and offered to ship the SOS Adaptors separately to me at his own cost, which I accepted. Mark also promptly shipped the exhaust on the exact date that I requested and it arrived one day earlier than I expected which worked out well.

I received the Pride V2 exhaust safely in one piece (thank goodness since FedEx has a history of being rough in handling my packages). The exhaust was well packaged and it took some time for me to carefully remove areas that were taped to the exhaust. What bugged me was that the tape left sticky residue on the areas that were taped to the exhaust after peeling off the tape. Before installing the exhaust I had to go out and buy a bottle of Goo Gone so I could rub off the sticky residue, which took some time to do. Anyhow, I rather have a well packaged exhaust and deal with rubbing off the sticky residue left by tape instead shipping back a poorly packaged exhaust with bent tips. As for the overall exterior quality of the exhaust, I would give it a 9 out of 10. There are some tiny little dings and scratches on the metal of the exhaust if looked at very close-up, but more importantly the welds are well done.

The removal of the old stock exhaust and installing of the new Pride V2 exhaust took longer than I anticipated, but I did take my time. Besides doing oil changes myself, it was my first time uninstalling/installing an exhaust on any car. I told Mark about this and he told me to call him anytime if I needed help during the install. Although I never had to call Mark, I can tell his customer service attitude is excellent. I also read a lot of posts on NSXPrime about the exhaust install process, which looked fairly straightforward to do, so I decided to do it myself since a local exhaust shop quoted me $178 to install a new exhaust :eek:. The hardest part was loosening the stock exhaust springs/bolts even after spraying WD-40. I first used a 14mm socket wrench to unscrew the springs/bolts, but I then realized (if I recall correctly) that I also needed a 12mm socket wrench to loosen the smaller bolts on the opposite end of the springs/bolts. Once I did this, loosening all the bolts were much easier. Getting down the old stock exhaust wasn’t as difficult as I expected. I just had to carefully lower it down with one knee.

Installing the new Pride V2 was quite a learning experience. Mounting the new exhaust to the exhaust hangars was a pain to do. The issue was that I bolted on the SOS adaptors onto the Pride exhaust, which put on additional weight and limited the amount of maneuvering room I had under the NSX. I ended up taking off the SOS adaptors, which made mounting the Pride exhaust to the hangers much easier. I then made sure everything was aligned properly, and lastly bolted and tightened up the SOS adaptors to the Pride exhaust and catalytic converters. The overall fitment of the Pride V2 is a 9 out of 10, it is not perfect, but good enough to me for the price and the sounds it provides.

Speaking of sound, the Pride V2 exhaust emits a very refine rumble/throaty/growling sound (whatever you call it). It is exactly what I wanted :biggrin: (note that I did not hear the Pride exhaust in person before my purchase). The Pride exhaust is definitely louder than the stock exhaust at idle, but not much (see my sample video below). I’m also glad that it doesn’t emit an annoyingly low frequency rumble at idle (kind of like a low bass/drone sound) that one can hear several feet away. When revving the NSX, the Pride V2 exhaust lets out a nice loud growl. During driving on the roads, the cabin sounds a tad sportier than the stock exhaust, and as the revs goes up the exhaust growls more loudly. There is a noticeable drone in the cabin between 2-2.8K RPMs, but it doesn’t bother me much. Other than that, the Pride V2 exhaust is very streetable and emits a nice sporty sound even with stock catalytic converters. It would have been nice if all NSXs came with a similar sounding Pride V2 exhaust from the factory.

Pride V2 exhaust idle and rev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ3O28k09Wc

Is there any difference in sound between the dual pipes and the quad pipes? I can't sleep over this already. I wonder how it would sound with my emptied cat convertor. How much is the normal price of this exhaust without the group buy? Love the sound from the LBBP.

Last edited:
Is there any difference in sound between the dual pipes and the quad pipes? I can't sleep over this already. I wonder how it would sound with my emptied cat convertor. How much is the normal price of this exhaust without the group buy? Love the sound from the LBBP.

There is no difference in sound between the dual tips or the quad tips. They sound the same. With test pipes the high pitch sounded even higher than OEM cats so I would assume with a gutted catalytic converter it would sound close to a test pipe just slightly restricted vs test pipes.

The Group Buy price is still available why pay MSRP? MSRP is $1499 for the Dual and $1539 for the Quad. Let me know, thank you.

Mark @ PRIDE

There is no difference in sound between the dual tips or the quad tips. They sound the same. With test pipes the high pitch sounded even higher than OEM cats so I would assume with a gutted catalytic converter it would sound close to a test pipe just slightly restricted vs test pipes.

Mark @ PRIDE

While we are on this topic, what is the sound difference between v1 and v2? I read that it is higher pitch, but is it noticeable higher? Is it louder and more or less drone? Thx..

While we are on this topic, what is the sound difference between v1 and v2? I read that it is higher pitch, but is it noticeable higher? Is it louder and more or less drone? Thx..

It is noticeable. Depends on what setup you have on your car that will raise the tone or deepen it. The V2 is about 15% higher pitch than our already high pitched V1 exhaust. Compared with stock intake and headers.

I would say the V1 would be slightly louder than the V2 because of the 15% deeper tone.

Drone: both have a deep rumble tone between 2500-2900 RPM only on accelerations

For what it's worth, here is Top Speed's 1991 NSX being wrapped out at 7,500 rpm shifts using our cold air intake & headers - with the PRIDE exhaust - and test pipes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/topspeedauto

Turn up your speakers... :)

Last edited:
Back