• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy PRIDE V2 Dual & Quad tip exhausts

IMG_1173.jpgIMG_1165.jpgIMG_1167.jpg

Great vendor! I placed my order on a Saturday, and Mark shipped it out 1st thing on the following Monday. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I installed a Pride V-2 quad tip exhaust system on my 96 NSX today, thought I'd pass along the experience:

Shipping was prompt, and system arrived undamaged. Looks exactly as expected, and the metal and weld work are first-class. You can see that the pipe layout was carefully developed to tune the sound and probably performance; this is a pro design.

Install consists of two parts- remove the old system, install the new. Due to rusted bolts and the fact that this is a cat-back job, removing the old nuts took an impact tool as things were a little rusty and heat-fused. The bolts were flat-tops and we were having trouble removing them from the flanges- however they were in good condition, so we reused them. Being unable to remove the bolts from the flange slowed things down as you need to maneuver the system around to get onto the fixed bolts. The removal overall took a little over an hour including jacking the car up. The new install took about 15 minutes. Overall, this is still a very easy system to install. Fit was exact, just as Mark says it will be.

Next comes the moment of truth- fire it up. Noise level at idle was reasonable, and it had the sound of a lot of power just waiting to be unleashed- Low, throaty and potent. Reving it up, the pitch climbs and the sounds are excellent- the system talks power and exotic all the way. Just as the look of the car turns heads, the sound will now do the same. I had listened to the many youtube vids on this system, and the actual sound was better than what I had expected from the videos. The sound now seems appropriate, it fits the car.

Bottom line, I feel the choice of the V-2 was a very good one. I got everything I wanted without changing or deleting the cats. I know if you went to test pipes or hi-flo cats, the volume would increase substantially- so the system offers options depending on how loud you want it to be.

Can't imagine anyone being sorry they went this way. Quality product, perhaps best value of all systems I looked at, and results right where I wanted them.

Last edited:
Back