• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

prime canyan drive caravan from OC

coolnsx said:
Tan It's 464.55 MHz Gil

Well, then I have the wrong radio. I have those small two way with only about a 2 mile range. I thought you guys would be a Channel 6 sub channel 8 for the date.
I'll go buy one at Radio Schack.

Tan

Hello Everyone,

I just bought the NSX that Jackonsx had for sale and he referred me to the canyon drive coming up.

I am interested in meeting all of you and participating in the drive but I am really green at all this.

Can someone please e-mail me with the details on what I need to do and what I should bring or be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

[email protected]

Hello CDub

The address to Starbucks is 5301 Centinela Blvd Los Angeles. At the corner of La Tijera and Centinela. Exit NB 405 at La Tijera turn right, go two signals to Centinela turn Left. Starbucks is on the right. Meeting time is 0730-0745hrs.

Check your PM. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Canyon Drive

Hi Blknsxnoc

Welcome aboard. I am also new to this arena. You will need to contact Anytime. He is the one that is organizing this drive.

thanks loomup,

I will e-mail him or wait for his post on this thread.

OK so far, we have half the people coming on the caravan. Around 20 of us. Here is the list:

Please refer to the list on the second page....

Last edited:
In West LA, we'll stopping at the Starbucks off La Tijera:
Time: 7:30 - 7:45
Loomup
Carl
Kwante
FuryNSX
ryneen?
akira3d

Edit: Added a couple more names in the WLA meeting point and moved JChoice to the OC meeting point. It is shaping up very nicely guys. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hello CDub

We are getting excited on this end. Could you add NSX-Ster to the LA and WLA group

CDub said:
Starbucks
O/C Location:
Walnut Village
14437 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92714
United States
949-857-2737

Time: 7:00 and leaving promptly at 7:15.

We'll be around 110 miles away from the starting point and we may stop in West LA. Either way, it'll be around 1hr 45min to get there. That'd allow a 15 minutes to gas up before 9:15.

Starting point;
14437 Culver Dr
Irvine, CA
92604-0305 US

Total Distance: 83.95 miles
Total Estimated Time: 1 hour, 24 minutes

The 9:15 time is when we are departing, not when you need to show up. You should be arriving between 8:15-8:30 a.m.

CDub, Suggest me leave no later then 6:45 AM and not actually stop in West LA, we need time to refuel at the starting point.

Holy crap! mi bad.... and I thought it'll only take 1.5 hours to drive 100 miles.

OK, here is the plan. Since there are 3 separate threads going on about the caravan, I'll cross post to all of them. And I would need everyone to acknowledge and reconfirm the new time. If I don't see your response by Thursday, I'll try to contact you via email or PM.

So here the deal...

SD group, please try to get to the OC meeting place at 6:30 and no later than 6:45. If you are running late, we'll just have to meet up with you on the fwy.

OC group is:

Meeting at 6:30
Departing at 6:45 sharp

Tantheman, we'll be driving through your area at 6:55
Steve R., if you are coming, we'll be driving through your area around 7:05.

WLA group:

Please change your meeting time to 7:15 to 7:30. I'll call you when we reach LAX so that you have enough time to get on the freeway. We won't stop at WLA.

Sorry for the changes, guys! Thanks for your suggestions John and Gil!

Another NSX joins the orange county group

Just go confirmation that my check arrived and I will be taking part in the canyon run. I am coming from the Tustin area. So I will be at the 22 freeway and Magnolia at 6:55 joining Tantheman. My Cell phone is 805-895-7090. I have a radio and will set to channel two. Not too sure how to use it other than turn it on. See you all

Manny :D

CDub, Thanks for all your work, we're good to go. See you in seven days. Gil:D

Looks like there is a few changes on who is meeting at where...

SD caravan group: (5 cars)
Time: 5:25
Power by Honda
Enzo who
tbNSX
X-TNSIV
supergreen125

At the Irvine Starbucks, on top of the SD group: (12 cars)
Time:6:30 - 6:45
Coolnsx
ss-md
traNSfiXed
SilverBullet
SoCal-NSX
HotRod
SilverOne
Peter Y
JChoice
drmanny3
JackoNSX
Myself

On our way up, we will be picking up: (1 Car)
Tantheman (6:55am on 22 off Magnolia)

In West LA, we'll be hooking up on the freeway with them around the La Tijera onramp: (8 cars)
Time: 7:15 - 7:30
Loomup
Carl
Kwante
FuryNSX
ryneen?
akira3d
NSX-Ster
Jay H.

A total of 26 cars!!!

Power by Honda, if you are arriving at the El Toro-Y (5 and 405 split) later than 6:40, please call me when you reach Sand Canyon drive so that we'll have time to hop on the freeway.

Loomup, I'll call you when we reach 105.

Edit: Some changes on who is meeting where...

Last edited:
Canyon Drive

In West LA, we'll stopping at the Starbucks off La Tijera: (7 cars)
Time: 7:15 - 7:30
Loomup
Carl
Kwante
FuryNSX
ryneen?
akira3d
NSX-Ster
Loomup, I'll call you when we reach 105. [/B]

CDub
That's sound good with me. But I have a question, is the group stopping at Starbucks to meet the WLA group? I was under the belief that there was a change in the original plan of meeting there, do to time. We would like to meet there if possible.
Let me know if we are to merge on to the freeway at La Tijera or meet you at Starbucks. Dexter

CDub, As tight as we are for time I prefer not to stop anymore then needed. I want some time to see all these cars at the starting point. My .02

Oops! too much cutting and pasting. I meant to say that we are going to drive through the WLA meeting point without stopping. I'll call Dexter when we (OC caravan) reached 105. That should give the WLA group around 5 mins. to get on the freeway.

Gil, I took your advice. Good idea. Thanks!

Couple more changes. Bambookid will not be joining us at the OC meeting place and Jay H. will be joining the WLA group.

Back