• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Privat Netz in Forgey Grey on Kaiser Silver

I decided to post picture of my wheels since I remember there were 2 or 3 threads in regards to these wheels, but Discount Tire Direct and Konig (makers of Privat) weren't clear about the offsets and size range.

prvnet.frg.xl.jpg

Those are the wheels in question. Discount Tire Direct only lists the following:
18x8 ET 20,40
19x9.5 ET 25
20x10 ET 20

The fact of the matter is 19x9.5 ET 40 is also available through Privat/Konig. And that is what I ordered. They are suppose to make the 20x10 available in ET40 by the beginning of next year, and I'll consider then if I want to go from 19x9.5 w/ 295/30/19s to 20x10 w/295/25/20 just for the cosmetic appeal ;)

I had SSR GT3s and loved those wheels. But had a bent wheel issue since the dealer went down to 26psi in my tires and there was no real air for cushion or protection. I ended up getting the last 2 sets of front SSRs, so I figured since 2 wheels are new, and 2 are barely used... I should sell that set and keep the Privats. Even though these wheels are cheap (I think about the same price as HP Evos) I kept them because they were already on the car.

I got them from a place called Tire & Wheels. There email address is [email protected]. Tell them Charlie sent you... It won't help you in price, but if more NSX guys order, I'm sure he will start to cater to us.

Money%20Shot.JPG

And there is my picture. Hope that helps those who were interested in the Netz.

Looks very nice. Do you think that there will be enough clearance for a BBK. How much room do you have now?

Tim

I will be trying the Racing Brakes BBK kit shortly. Since mine is a 97, I'll be going to the 324/330mm front/rear BBK they have. Since they are suppose to clear 17s (Stock ones even...) I think I'll be good on the clearance.

KooLaid said:
Why did you go from SSR to Privat's? I thought the SSR was supposed to be a MUCH better wheel?

They are, but the dealer ended up putting 26psi in my fronts, and went through some bad construction (ended up digging 1 foot long strip from left to right of the road) and had no air or cushion for protection.

Otherwise, I loved my SSRs. I was going to buy some HP Evos, and then got these. I finally got TR to locate 2 fronts, so since they are new in the box, figured I'd sell that set since its worth more, practically new, and I'm in the hole $$$. I just didn't feel right trying to get my fronts repaired and then sell the set, so I bought new SSRs to complete the set for sale.

However, I love the look and compliments of these wheels. I'me grabbing more attention then I did with the SSRs and people like the bigger lip and fact its looks coordinated (grey centers and grey paint aren't exactly the same shade... but decent enough.)

All I can say is I'm back at 36 psi fronts, 40 psi rears.

Back