• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Product Review-Science of Speed strut brace

I ordered this brace from Science of Speed and though there were a few delays, this was a result of the product coming to market and was not yet available at the time of my order. Chris and Seth were patient with my frequent inquiries, and in due course my 'bar arrived. The packaging was very good and the product arrived with no mars or blemishes. Of the three colours offered, red, silver and titanium, I chose the latter, as my NSX is silver and I wanted the bar to stand out without being glaring. To say installation was a breeze makes it sound harder than it is. If you're looking for a challenge, look elsewhere. Four bolts. That's it. It replaces the boring, ugly tubular bar that sits athwart the rear of the engine bay, and visually is a dynamic improvement. It may even add to the car's tightness, but that's like adding to the Playmate of the Year's shoe collection. The difference will not be noticed on anything less than NASA's stress testing equipment. The only down note is I found the new bolts a little on the soft side. My ratchet bits kinda mucked them up a wee bit (and I do mean wee...as in real small). The other note was the lack of instructions. The four bolts are two different lengths, so some (very minor) guess-work was involved with their arrangement and the proper torque (I'm a stickler for that stuff). If I'd have called, I'm certain I'd have recieved the answers in the same cheerful affable manner that is SoS's hallmark, and what will see them remain in the market long after their competitors have bit the dust. And the bar is reversible, meaning it can be mounted to accomodate superchargers, which is cool I guess, though I don't own a supercharger so what do I care? The reason I chose this single bar over the A-frame braces I've seen is that I love the look of the engine and didn't want lots of tubular black pipe obstucting the view. There is some rubbing where the prop rod for the engine cover meets the stut bar but a small piece of clear vinyl eliminated this without harming the look of the bar. All in all I'm very satisfied with the mod as it doesn't mlook like a cheap aftermarket rig, and actually beautifies the engine bay. If this is something you want to do, look at SoS's bar before you buy a more expensive one. BTW I recieved no discount or in any other way attained a benefit for this purchase or post. I simply believe if a company delivers the goods, they should be recognized, especially in a community as small as ours. And SoS delivers, every time. I just got their NSX-R shift boot. I'll let ya know!

Back