• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Products to clean speaker grilles?

People with tan/ivory/light interiors - what do you use to clean the shoe scuff marks off the cloth covering the door speaker grilles?

The usual cleaners are not working for me.

------------------
'96 Black/Tan NSX-T
Short gears, Dali swaybars, Ferodo/Axxis Ultimate brake pads, Bridgestone S-03s

[This message has been edited by Soulstice (edited 16 December 2002).]

Put some Simple Green in a bucket. Add high pressure water by putting a thumb/finger over the hose opening. This will create lots of suds. Dip a soft brush INTO THE SUDS ONLY - you don't want to get it too wet. Use this to clean the grilles. Dry by pressing with a clean terrycloth towel followed by air drying or use a wet vac followed by air drying. CAVEAT - I would remove the door panels before doing this as you don't want any moisture to get into the speakers or electronics.

I removed the speaker grille from the inside of the door panel. I was lubricating the window tracks so I had the door panel off. Soaked the speaker grille in Ivory dish soap and warm water for 10 - 15 Min. Dryed it completely with a hair dryer. Looks great.

As an alternative...on my old 91 red/black/ivory I changed the tan speaker covers w/ black ones. I bought the sheet at radio shack and cut them using the oem tan grill as a template. It looked real nice IMO. Also, only $10.

Jeff

I like Griot's interior cleaner
smile.gif
. http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=interior+cleaner&search.x=16&search.y=6

[This message has been edited by heretic (edited 16 December 2002).]

Back