• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

Jason, are you really done with your car? Say it isn't so.......... Brakes? Minor trim items as Erick mentioned? Seats?

But no your right, there has to be a point at which it stops. Those F355's for $60-$70k were very tempting, especially that 355 Challenge :biggrin: I should've just bought that lol :smile: Well, next time.....

Jason, are you really done with your car? Say it isn't so.......... Brakes? Minor trim items as Erick mentioned? Seats?
Simo,
I really mean it. Time to enjoy the car and enjoying detailing the car. I don't mind spending $10k on a mod, but result have to be significant to justify the cost, there is really no more huge mods that fits in this category for me other than 6spd. I also need to set aside extra fund for a new nsx clutch and Inlinepro turbo for S2K when the day comes.

But no your right, there has to be a point at which it stops. Those F355's for $60-$70k were very tempting, especially that 355 Challenge :biggrin: I should've just bought that lol :smile: Well, next time.....
Yes, that was the moment. Too make matter worse, I also checked the SL55 prices, there some nice white ones too, now thinking about it, I could had used the cash I paid for S2K as a fat downpayment.:redface: This thing doesn't need Inlinepro turbo either, fast from the start bone stock.

SL55's are sweet rides... i have a friend with a black on black... and i love it...

Rear end shot:
41.jpg

14.jpg

Micro update. Just picked up NSX-R floor mat from Vance today, the quality is top notch, made my interior looks a lot newer.

4.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:
put a cool soundtrack with that badboy slide show jason! :tongue:

Did that mod include any short shift items?
Steve,
I does not include any short shift items.

You should try it out, it is a really enjoyable mod. I figure we get to use it a lot since we have to shift all the time, so it is a somewhat an important mod. For me it add a lot to the overall fun factor.

put a cool soundtrack with that badboy slide show jason! :tongue:
Thx Daniel

That is a sick looking NSX! I could only imagine how much that must have costs.

Jason,

Wow! Am I ever so late to viewing this thread. Your car looks amazing. Just as a heads up, we will be having another photoshoot most likely this week. I will PM you with all the details. Beautiful conversion!

-Daniel S.

Just added Gruppe M intake. Please excuse my dirty engine bay, I have been really busy lately. I will clean and detail engine bay after exam on Thursday.

Thanks again to John/Scorp935!!! I love this item.

I bought the intake for only 1 purpose "aesthetic". I have always wanted to give the engine bay a little more visual appeal. This definitely gave me more than what I asked for.

Sound- I talked to Mark at Autowave a few days ago regarding the Gruppe M intake. He told me you will hear more noticeable VTEC, he is right, uuumm...waaa..rrr....Vtec. The sound is nice......:biggrin:

Power- Don't know, don't really care for +/- 5hp, I did had big smile on face though. Dyno it would be kinda of pointless, since +/- 5hp is way too small to measure 100% accurately, even between dyno runs with same exact mods, the best run and worst run can often shown +/- 5~10hp difference.

1.jpg

2.jpg

A ton of filteration area
10.jpg

11.jpg

Dang! That's baller!

HAHA!!! I thought you were done.:biggrin: You can never get rid of the mod bug when you get it.

BTW, what rims are you getting?

1.jpg

just imagine all the small animals you can suck up with this thing! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know you've posted how quickly you can paint a set of calipers and how nice they come out....you've painted the pads Jason.

I know you've posted how quickly you can paint a set of calipers and how nice they come out....you've painted the pads Jason.

It adds another 15 minutes/corner to remove them, and makes painting somewhat awkward, with the caliper supported on a hanger. When I painted my calipers I painted my pads as well.

The gold calipers look good, but now you need to install some red brake pads for the full nsx-r look :tongue:

NSXSUPRA, i see that we both made the same mistake with our Na2-r conversions, with the gold brake calipers. I bought 02 calipers, because I thought the type-r had gold calipers but I was wrong. From pictures they are either black or a greyish color. Does anyone have the correct paint color code for them or a closeup picture. Thanks, Frank

NSXSUPRA, i see that we both made the same mistake with our Na2-r conversions, with the gold brake calipers. I bought 02 calipers, because I thought the type-r had gold calipers but I was wrong. From pictures they are either black or a greyish color. Does anyone have the correct paint color code for them or a closeup picture. Thanks, Frank

Seems like a Satin Black finish as best as I can tell....similar to most of the other R parts. I considered doing mine like this...might still do it if I change over to the red pads.

Those Project Mu rotors would look great nsxsupra....the planetacura guy w/ the silverstone and black LE28's has them, i'm sure you've seen the pics.

I enjoy driving the car a lot more with the oem wheels. The steering is very light and the car felt a lot more nimble than before. I ran 35mm wheel spacers with my old wheels that gave me good work out all the time.

4.jpg

Also got the car weighted a few weeks ago.
2791lbs with 1/4tank of fuel. Full interior, oem battery, pager alarm, tools.

Break down of the stats:

554lbs(LF), 580lbs(RF)
814lbs(LR), 843lbs(RR)

Cross weight left 1394lbs, right 1397lbs (50%/50%)
Weight distribution 40.6% front, 59.4% rear
Total=2791lbs

Gas is 6lbs per gallon so add another 12.45x6=74.7lbs. Oem tank is 18.6gallon, the reserve is about 2 gallon (correct me if I am wrong). 16.6 x .75=12.45gallon (amount I add to get full weight). 2791lbs+74.7lbs=2865lbs full weight.

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3rd time taking pics at 6am in the morning before PAG. Most likely last time ever. Been storing parts, hope to get them all installed at once someday.

40.jpg

42.jpg

15.jpg

43.jpg

31.jpg

Last edited:
Back