• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: Widebody - 02 Conversion

Good eye, Derek. The order of placement is correct, but just that each individual character is upside down. In other words, if you turn your head upside down to read it it still doesn't make sense.

I love it how everyone is into the kanji thing, especially the basketball players, and they have no f'n idea what it means (ie Marcus Camby)

fight nice now boys :biggrin:

to answer your question(s).
You may be able to get the diffuser from Downforce (something similar anyway). The lights, that is a bit more difficult. They are made of many parts. Most of which are hand made. In other words, not available as a bolt on part. Don't let is discourage you, there are may possibilities out there if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get dirty.

fight nice now boys :biggrin:

to answer your question(s).
You may be able to get the diffuser from Downforce (something similar anyway). The lights, that is a bit more difficult. They are made of many parts. Most of which are hand made. In other words, not available as a bolt on part. Don't let is discourage you, there are may possibilities out there if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get dirty.

any new update on the car?

i was thinking, how about do something diff with your side mirrors:smile:

might just complete the whole pkg.

I am working on a set of GT style mirrors that will use the stock base (where the break away seam is). The won't be exactly the same but much slimmer and wider.

Honda_NSX_HondaRacing.jpg

Right now my focus has been on the underbody and working on the aerodynamics. I'm sure I won't get to the mirrors until this winter. Lots of stuff in the works :wink:

i see that you put a lot of work AND $ in this nsx SO CONGRATULATIONS LOOKING VERY NICE AND SHARP DESIGN!!:wink:

I lurk on here all the time and *never* post but the work done on this car is amazing. Very well done! I'm off to read about the brakes, but the few pics I've seen so far are spectacular.

Nicely done!

Hi Vroom. Have you seen the Do-Luck side mirrors close up? It is small and very similar to the JGTC one. I think all it need is to have the triangular tip on each side. Here is a photo of a my friend's NSX.
DSC00836.JPG

I am working on a set of GT style mirrors that will use the stock base (where the break away seam is). The won't be exactly the same but much slimmer and wider.

Honda_NSX_HondaRacing.jpg

Right now my focus has been on the underbody and working on the aerodynamics. I'm sure I won't get to the mirrors until this winter. Lots of stuff in the works :wink:

Why dont you buy the Ferrari Emblem Front and Back and put it on your NSX and some kid will go THERE IS A FERRARI!! OMG.. lol

Nice, looks awsome..

Wish I had a NSX.. Looking to buy 1..

Why dont you buy the Ferrari Emblem Front and Back and put it on your NSX and some kid will go THERE IS A FERRARI!! OMG.. lol

Better yet, put a Honda/Acura emblem on the front and rear and tell the kid about Honda's race heritage... :wink:

I love every element of this car except the rear add on pieces on the back hatch, even the roof scoop looks great but those fake c-pilers scream kit car. I hope to not offend you just voicing out that I do love the car but that hatch addition just does not flow with the car. Love custom rear end and I wish you would make one for me to be honest with you. I would buy that rear end in a heart beat.

The rear hatch has been an issue for me also. I have a few designs that I've been working on. Both of which replace the applied piece with an all carbon frame/window and contour to match the body lines much better. Right now I'm working on finishing the underbody/wheel liners/air ducting. The radiant engine temperature is something I need to deal with. When I seal up the bottom to improve aerodynamics it will no doubt create an issue with venting engine heat. So my plan for now is to finish all the things you don't see (underbody pans etc.) and make adjustments to the design of the hatch cover before I make the replacement.

The engine is coming out in a week for a complete refresh (T-belt, W-pump, head gaskets, valve adjustment, etc). There just never seems to be enough time in a day to do everthing...damn this car :biggrin:

do u have any recent photo?

also, how much did that conversion cost??????

F430 is so beautiful. and u get part of it on your NSX.

another question. have you have driven that car to a HONDA or ACURA dealer? LOL

vroom,

I would like your opinion on the best products that you used for your fiberglass work and mold work? Such as the bonding agents used to hold the foam together for carving and shaping. Resins etc.? I have never done a huge full scale project yet and will be doing one this summer with custom fenders, dashboard, etc...so I just want to get everything ready. Thanks and awesome job, well done!

vroom,

I would like your opinion on the best products that you used for your fiberglass work and mold work? Such as the bonding agents used to hold the foam together for carving and shaping. Resins etc.? I have never done a huge full scale project yet and will be doing one this summer with custom fenders, dashboard, etc...so I just want to get everything ready. Thanks and awesome job, well done!

I use 3M Super 77 spray adhesive for everything. I think in a few cases I even used hot melt glue to bond the foam together. Resins... That is really personal perference. I like using polyester resin on plugs and epoxy resins on moulds and final parts. One thing to remember you can't use polyester resins on polystyrene foam. The solvents in the resin will disolve the foam. You can use polyurathane foam with polyester or epoxy resins put only epoxy with polystyrene.

The best advise I can give is start small/simple. Get used to the properties of the chemicals and get more complex as you become more proficient. I still seem to learn something new everytime I make another part.

Good luck. please post your project. I'm sure lots of us would like to see it.

also, there is a lot of international community support for composites. I like http://www.compositeforum.werksberg.com/ Lots of great videos, projects and support from people all over the world.

well, i decided to do a little "work" on my '91 this winter. I figured many of you would like to see the conversion begining to end. So here we go...

Here is what i'm starting with. It's a 1991 formula red nsx with 55k miles. Very good condition. I am not in any way a purest but i do respect the original syling of the nsx. My goal is to bring the car up to date by adding the 2002 style headlings and do some custom body work to improve the function of some of the body modifications.
Versus "sorcery replica" widebody kit.
Route-ks stealth hood
downforce rear diffusor and nsx-r wing
tein flex coilovers
volk gt-c wheels (18-19)
sorcery f1 exhaust (custom tail pipe)
2002 head light conversion
gruppe m intake.
More to come...
dscf0129sm.jpg

i started removing the body panels / headlamp ass. The other day. I purchased the manual from helm. That was a life saver. There are a few hidden fasteners that you wouldn't think to look for... I also got the route-ks stealth hood in and started fitting it to the body. Fits ok, have to notch out the left lower hinge hole a bit but i'm waiting to get the fenders and bumper on before i make the final adjustments.
dscf0195sm.jpg

i recieved the rear diffusor from downforce. Very nice quality. I asked peter from downforce to include the side pieces to try and connect the diffusor to the bumper. The diffusor is designed to work with a stock lower valance but i think it will look more finished if it wraps all the up to the bumper (i will be cutting out the stock spats). I guess i'll have to do a little fiberglass work sense the side pieces he provided will not look right. I do plan to paint the sides of the diffusor, i think it make the back end look more finished... I'm also planing to us sorcery's center exit exhaust to make use of the center opening. Also going to have a freind make a custom tail pipe to fill in the opening (kind of like the koenigsegg) http://www.koenigsegg.com/graphics/ccr_back.jpg
dscf0187sm.jpg

dscf0194sm.jpg

have an idea for the hood vents. The stealth hood is cool on it's own but i think i can make it more functional. The hood is designed to be used with the spare tire. I'm not planing on putting the spare back in. So that leaves some room to make the hood vents more "complete". My though is two fold. First, if i make the vents go all the way to the radiator it will help excelerate the air and assist in cooling. Second, if i eliminate the air pressure under the hood that should prevent any hood lift that many are compaining about with aftermarket hoods. I will have to replace the radiator though. The stock hose connection is located on the top (right in the way of the vent). I'm looking for a race style radiator with side connections to get the clearence i need. I should be able to clear the brake res.
dscf0192sm.jpg

dscf0196sm.jpg

should start hanging the rest of the body parts in a few days....
bad ass!!!!

Holy F! Talk about skills!!!! I didn't read all the thread but do you make/fab custom items for a living? Or is it just a skill you have? Out standing work!!!

The rear hatch is currently in revision. With the sealed underbody the aerodynamics has changed slightly. I need to get some new flow numbers on the roof scoop as compared to the side intake snorkel. I may end up doing a top mounted air box to take advantage of the increased flow. The roof scoop seems to draw more air at high speed.

The new design has fixed c pillars and separate center glass (similar to an Audi R8). Also a more gradual transition into the trunk lid.

rendering:
1250.jpg

Back