• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospective Owners, any other cars you're considering?

This is a question for the people looking to buy an NSX in the near future. Are you guys looking at any other cars or are you pretty set on the NSX? What other cars are you looking at, if any?

Personally, I'm pretty set on the NSX.

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

as someone that just had the car for ~month, I can probably comment on it. I was not really in the market for a car at all. Only because it's been a dream of mine to own one. The thought of actually owning one started after I met few other owners on this board, went to a few nsx meetings, and it really sparked my interests in the car and started looking into the $$ question.

So, during the search, I was really not looking at other models for comparison, but only the X with different years and options.

For some time I was considering the S2000. But then one day while having my RSX serviced, I drove an NSX. It was a 95 with 25K on the clock. It reawakened a desire for the car that I have had since the NSX was first introduced. Since then, I am firmly in the NSX camp.

Since I already have a NSX looking at a 95 M3 4 door for my daily driver there seems to be alot of them out there at a good price.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Right now I'm set on the NSX, but I'd like the test drive the 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo before I buy the NSX.

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
911 Turbo...? that should be much more than an NSX...for me..a ViperGTS will be the next and only choice...

After owning a C5 Corvette, which was my first and probably last domestic, I can't go for the Viper. It's a nice and powerful car and attracts a LOT of attention; just not my cup of tea. Good luck to you though; the Viper is one fast car
smile.gif

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Not anytime soon O-Ace...just pondering the future maybe...

A porsche 911 would be awesome, even the 993 Turbo..These are REAL fast as well....have you considered a carrera4 w/aerokit? not as fast but great looks...

A porsche 911 would be awesome, even the 993 Turbo..These are REAL fast as well....have you considered a carrera4 w/aerokit? not as fast but great looks...

I agree the Carrera4 looks almost identical to the 911 Turbo and looks great, but I'm not into 'all-show no-go' LOL! The only p-car I'd consider would have to be the 911 Turbo since it has the looks and the power to back it up. Only issue is, I'd probably sell the C5 if I get the 911, but I can keep it if I go for the 97+ NSX
smile.gif

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by Steven Spanbauer:
Since I already have a NSX looking at a 95 M3 4 door for my daily driver there seems to be alot of them out there at a good price.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I don't know where you are finding a lot of 1995 4 dr M3's. As far as I know, 4 dr M3's were not produced for the U.S. market until the 1997 model year.

911 Turbo...? that should be much more than an NSX...for me..a ViperGTS will be the next and only choice...

I will have to agree here. There are not many cars like the Viper. It is so raw and powerful it is not even funny.

Let me tell you a story my roomate told me last weekend. He was out getting donuts on Saturday morning in his C5 Corvette. He was enjoying a nice, tranquil(he was probably half asleep mumbling "donuts" out loud) drive. All of a sudden he looks beside him and there is a red GTS. Apparently the Viper lurched forward a bit so as to taunt my roomate a bit. He then fell back beside my roomates car. My roomate looked back at the Viper to see if it was "go time". It is then my roomate described that the female passenger's head literally snaps back violently as the Viper explodes forth with a raging roar. My roomate said he dropped in to fourth and attempted to keep up but he said he quickly discovered that his attempts to keep up were futile.

I think that is a nice little story about the Viper. By the way, there was no one around when they were exceeding the speed limit. I thought I would mention that.

Anyway, I like Corvettes and 911s as well. The NSX is on a level above all of these other cars though.

Stock vs. stock, a Viper will hand a C5 it's a$$ no doubt. But in my C5, getting beat by a stock GTS is the least of my worries
wink.gif

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by ck:
I don't know where you are finding a lot of 1995 4 dr M3's. As far as I know, 4 dr M3's were not produced for the U.S. market until the 1997 model year.

I meant 97
biggrin.gif

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

As a pretty new NSX owner, I'll give my $0.02.

I briefly entertained the thought of a Ferrari 348, but it just looks primitive compared to the sexy curves of the NSX, not to mention the reliability concerns.

I almost bought a Viper, however, but I was disappointed when I saw one in real life. The car looks diminutive compared to what I expected from photos.

Every NSX I've seen makes my heart pounce, not to mention it's been my ultimate dream car since it was introduced. So, I didn't have much of a dilema in making a decision.
smile.gif

Originally posted by O-Ace:
This is a question for the people looking to buy an NSX in the near future. Are you guys looking at any other cars or are you pretty set on the NSX? What other cars are you looking at, if any?

Personally, I'm pretty set on the NSX.

I was considering buying an AUTOMATIC C5 Corvette, but then I realized how bad of an idea that was.

wink.gif

It is then my roomate described that the female passenger's head literally snaps back violently as the Viper explodes forth with a raging roar.

most likely from the gobs of torque it will put you back in the seat...I could imagine O-Ace's car pushing you back REAL hard at any RPM...

most likely from the gobs of torque it will put you back in the seat...I could imagine O-Ace's car pushing you back REAL hard at any RPM...

Absolutely...the car's a torque monster. 545 RWTQ (~665 at the flywheel) not only pushes you into the seat but also keeps you there
biggrin.gif

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Rather than a viper, C5, or 911 Turbo, all of which are on the expensive and a bit on the heavy side, my next car will hopefully be something smaller, lighter and more nimble than all of these. I have my eye out on the (hopefully) 2004 U.S. model Lotus Elise. From what I understand, we are talking about 1,700 Lbs, 200 HP +/-, and a sticker of $38,500. Pretty hard combo to beat for a street-legal track toy.

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 07 October 2002).]

I want a ride! are you SC?

My car? Nope (not yet at least). So far it has all the bolt ons (intake, exhaust, headers, tq. coverter, pulley) and Stage 2 Heads/Cam along with 100 wet shot of TNT nitrous, which actually made 115 RWHP on the dyno
smile.gif

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

I have my eye out on the (hopefully) 2004 U.S. model Lotus Elise. From what I understand, we are talking about 1,700 Lbs, 200 HP +/-, and a sticker of $38,500. Pretty hard combo to beat for a street-legal track toy. [/B]

I thought about that car too. Then I thought about the soccer mom in her 6500+lb Yukon Denali XL, dealing with her 4 kids in the back seat while putting on her lipstick running through a stop light and plowing into me. :p

Going back to the original question...

I'm thinking of the G35 coupe as my second choice. My family thinks I'm going to kill myself in an NSX(especially my GF). Also they keep saying that a NSX isn't student's car-like... But gotta stick to my hopes and dreams!!!
smile.gif

The G35 coupe and the NSX are totally different cars, and honestly speaking, I'd say you'd be safer in the NSX since you'll be driving more carefully. Wouldn't wanna get in a fender bender in an NSX, now would you
wink.gif

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Back