• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed NSX Thermal Intake Gaskets

I would of been interested but seems like it would be a lot of work on a ctsc engine.

It took me about 30 minutes to do it on a stock NSX. The CTSC would be a little longer because you have the pulley there and belt however once you remove that it shouldn't be much more work to do... I actually left everything intact... The egr bolts were removed, fuel line, manifold and fuel covers and that's about it... Remove the 8 bolts that hold the Intake manifold to the head, lift it up and slide out the OEM gasket and slide in the Prospeed thermal gasket and reverse the process and you're ready to go. =)

Are you sure that OEM gasket will slide off and not need a chisel and sandpaper? I'm joking about the removal method but I'd think it might be quite stuck on there especially on older cars, no?

Are you sure that OEM gasket will slide off and not need a chisel and sandpaper? I'm joking about the removal method but I'd think it might be quite stuck on there especially on older cars, no?

I can't speak for anyone else, but, when I had to pull my intake manifold off for the first time @ 178k miles to do knock sensors my gaskets came off easily.

It comes right off rather easily. It's not your typical paper gasket from the d/b/h series... thank goodness for that... You can just reach under and pull it right out.

Making anymore?

Curious to hear customer reviews.

The intro price is no longer available but its still a great mod at a great value. I have a few sets left in stock. PM me if you're interested.

I can't speak for anyone else, but, when I had to pull my intake manifold off for the first time @ 178k miles to do knock sensors my gaskets came off easily.
That's right!

I'll try to email you guys who have ordered the instruction guide to help you swap it out in 30 mins =) It's a fairly easy mod.

UPDATE!!!

Hi guys, Sorry for being slow to respond to my messages and threads. I'm back in school full time so its extremely difficult for me to offer good customer service and go through school at the same time. It's been insane! I want to let you know that I will continue to offer all my products to the NSX community. My colleague Scott AKA Frumpybumps will officially take over all orders for me. He knows everything there is to know about my products and he can offer a quick and excellent customer service. This is the only way right now for me to still offer my products and finish my education. I hope you guys understand. All of my existing orders will still be handled by me and I will do my best to take care of you. Thank you all for understanding! We will be offering a special groupbuy on most of our products to kickstart Scott joining the Prospeed family. =)

Thank you,

Brian

If you have any questions or want to place an order please PM frumpybumps or the prefered method is to email Scott at [email protected]

So whats the new price?

Brian,

i received my gaskets and in the instructions you mentioned some washers to go over the intake manifold, between it and the screws....i didn't receive them... how can i get them?

Thanks,
Nuno

PS - Props on you going through your education...keep it up dude

Thanks Nuno,

shoot me an email and ill get it to you... I am never on here. Frumpybumps is taking orders now.

Pm frumpybumps if you want the new batch of gaskets guys. They are $85 shipped for a short period of time.

Brian,

i received my gaskets and in the instructions you mentioned some washers to go over the intake manifold, between it and the screws....i didn't receive them... how can i get them?

Thanks,
Nuno

PS - Props on you going through your education...keep it up dude

Hi Guys, I am officially back as a Vendor! I've been so busy with school and I appreciate everyone's support and understanding during this time. Scott and I have been working hard to get orders filled and want to get back to offering our great products to the community as quick as we can. You can PM me Prospeed or PM frumpybumps for any questions or orders. Thank you again!

Brian

I will be having some New years specials on all my products. PM us for details.

UPDATES

I'm currently taking pre orders on my next small batch of gaskets. I have 8 more sets left. I should have them done by the end of next week. PM me if you want to hold your spot. These are awesome! Normally $100 if you pre order they're $85 for the set. Thanks!

Hi,

how do we proceed about the washers i didn't receive??
(i'm yet to understand if it was part or an option of the thermal gaskets)

Thanks,
Nuno

how about shipping mine to me first before you send any new orders out!

how about shipping mine to me first before you send any new orders out!

Your gaskets are in this batch. =) Please hang in there I should have it out to everyone by the end of next week. I've been out of them and need to do a larger order. Thanks for your patience. How did the RDX install go?

Nuno, it was an additional option. If you want it I don't mind sending the bolt spacers as well. PM me if you want it bud. Thanks

Your gaskets are in this batch. =) Please hang in there I should have it out to everyone by the end of next week. I've been out of them and need to do a larger order. Thanks for your patience. How did the RDX install go?

good man i knew you would come through but like others felt things could have been done better, there are enough crap vendors out there without you joining that list.
the injector upgrade worked well i didnt need the plastic spacers but got bigger rubber ones to replace the oem ones on the bottom, this i think because you have different hats on the injectors now?
i went from 255hp to 263hp or 206kliowatts which is how we measure it, possibly would be more if i had 98 in the tank like i normally do i could only find 95 octane the morning on the way to the dyno shop.
it is quite rich down low and a few dips up to the high end which i think a link system or motec maybe next on my list, i didnt feel much difference down low the car runs smoother than before though, i will get some charts for you if you like

Last edited:

good man i knew you would come through but like others felt things could have been done better, there are enough crap vendors out there without you joining that list.
the injector upgrade worked well i didnt need the plastic spacers but got bigger rubber ones to replace the oem ones on the bottom, this i think because you have different hats on the injectors now?
i went from 255hp to 263hp or 206kliowatts which is how we measure it, possibly would be more if i had 98 in the tank like i normally do i could only find 95 octane the morning on the way to the dyno shop.
it is quite rich down low and a few dips up to the high end which i think a link system or motec maybe next on my list, i didnt feel much difference down low the car runs smoother than before though, i will get some charts for you if you like

I believe you're right about the spacers. I am doing my best it's just been tough with school but now that the work load is less I can manage everything a lot better and be more responsive. Yes, shoot me over a dyno graph and let me see what else I can do to help dial in your car. That is a pretty decent gain. =)

Making anymore?

Curious to hear customer reviews.
I know these work. I have used them on my B-series motors and I had one on my F series in my S2000. The one thing you have to be very careful with is not to over tighten the manifold or it will crack since the gasket doesnt flex and is thicker

I know these work. I have used them on my B-series motors and I had one on my F series in my S2000. The one thing you have to be very careful with is not to over tighten the manifold or it will crack since the gasket doesnt flex and is thicker

Thanks for your input. That is correct, it's thicker and doesn't flex as much. The temp difference is significant and well worth it! you got PM!

Hello Brian, Hope all is well. Sorry this might be off topic. Any more details on the Turbo Kit you were producing? What is the latest version? Is this still available?

Thanks,
Chad

Think these are good for turbo applications? I'm thinking they are, haha.

I think these will benefit turbo and superchargers more actually. :) keeping intake charge temps down can only help.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Gaskets are finally back in stock. Orders are being shipped early this week. Thanks for your patience. I only have a limited amount left. If you're interested PM me to get on the list first come first serve. I have the new year special going on till the end of this week on Friday the 25th. Only $85 normally $100 plus shipping. They're ready to go =)

Back