• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed RDX injector adaptor cables don't fit???

The cables that come supplied don't fit.

they have two ridges either side and do not fit in the injector plugs as they don't have two grooves for the ridges.

I believe they are all two pin so that should work.

Has anyone else come across this? do you cut the ridges off?

Thanks.

The cables that come supplied don't fit.

they have two ridges either side and do not fit in the injector plugs as they don't have two grooves for the ridges.

I believe they are all two pin so that should work.

Has anyone else come across this? do you cut the ridges off?

Thanks.

Is your car ODB-2? If yes you most likely have the OBD-1 harness pig tails. Ask Brian to correct that for you.

Below are the images i sent to Brian. He was very helpful and said to cut the grooves off with a blade and if it doesn't work he will send more.

Easy enough to do. So will give it a go.

IMG_8963.jpgIMG_9020.jpgIMG_9016.jpg

I was advised NOT the modify them. If they are forced together and the outer housing splits of comes loose it could be a problem. Did you check them in Feb when you first posted here? http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...RDX-on-a-NA2?p=1737463&viewfull=1#post1737463

I sent the old ones back and Brian sent new OBD2 ones.

I've had them a while, only recently got a chance to test fit them as they are a pain to get to, i can get to the plugs with everything in place but getting that metal clip off to remove the plug i couldnt do while the rail was still connected unless there is a little trick.

if it wasn't for the recess on both side the plug looked like it would go straight in without any issues or not forcing.

Did you have the same leads and plug type as me? perhaps i should mention to Brian because although it looks like they will fit risking it perhaps isn't the best idea.

Brian had NA1 ones, decided not to modify them. I notified Brian and others members in my thread. Brian sent the correct jumpers in a few weeks, but ii have not revisited installing the injectors. Most tuners seemed to think that i wouldn't get a gain of much since the na1 and na2 injectors are different and that i would have to advance timing, which the FIC doesn't do. I wish i had gotten the correct ones at first so i could provide some info. I may revisit the install again when i get the car back.

Back