• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

awesome, so in theory this mod would even produce cleaner emissions.

are you going to try and extract more power out of this soon?

A couple of thoughts as I'm thinking out loud:

1. I think there's probably a few peak HP out there to be gained by increasing fuel pressure to 55-60 psi. This will be answered soon enough.

2. I would like to compare the RDX injector vs. the ID725 (Injector Dynamics 725 cc) injector, not so much for flow rate, but for spray pattern as well. The IDs seem to be the gold standard for the big power FI guys, whether import or domestic. Of course, they're much more expensive than the RDX...

awesome, so in theory this mod would even produce cleaner emissions.

are you going to try and extract more power out of this soon?

Yes, in theory but we'll see! We are planning to test higher pressure soon =)

1. I think there's probably a few peak HP out there to be gained by increasing fuel pressure to 55-60 psi. This will be answered soon enough.

Yes!

2. I would like to compare the RDX injector vs. the ID725 (Injector Dynamics 725 cc) injector, not so much for flow rate, but for spray pattern as well. The IDs seem to be the gold standard for the big power FI guys, whether import or domestic. Of course, they're much more expensive than the RDX...

Yes!

I know Brian of Prospeed well enough that he's cool with what I have to say here.
I think you have something against SOS and that has nothing to do with me.
To show how much you think you know about my built.
I have never shipped my car to SOS for anything.
SOS ITBs was my first and only mod that I purchased and installed by myself!
I spent $6k in total on my ITBs set up!
I do love my mods and no regrets on my choices.
I got ticked because you kept bringing my mod as your argument to prove other vendor products are inferior to yours or in general.
Why???? Do you have to bash other vendor products?
You are a vendor yourself! I really liked some of your products but I really have 0 interest in buying anything from you ever( because of your attitude).
Some of my nsxprime friends pmed me and asked me that "does stmpo got something up his a$$". And I do have the same question for you!

BTW, I am getting the RDX injectors mod for my ITBs.

Last edited:
Honestly I would buy ITB's for the look and sound alone if I could afford them! I'm glad that there's this much enthusiasm for our beloved car :wink:

I'm looking forward (ok DYING) to see the CA smog results of this mod!

As soon as someone with an NA1 I/H/E with stock cats and this mod passes CA emissions I'm IN!

We will find out soon!

Honestly I would buy ITB's for the look and sound alone if I could afford them! I'm glad that there's this much enthusiasm for our beloved car :wink:

I love ITB's as well. They look great! Hopefully we will have smog results soon in a few months. We will be testing higher FPR soon.

right'o...

Yay- some credence to my assertion ~5years ago that different/larger injectors may enhance performance if done in accordance w/ other mods (ie. optimized header design, back-pressure modulated exhaust, freer-flowing intake/airbox, bored TB and/or port-&-polished intake-manifold, modified ECU, etc) as the new A/F conditions would presumably be somewhat altered from stock settings.
Here's the thread where I get poked & prodded!
nJAnk.gif

We will find out soon!

I love ITB's as well. They look great! Hopefully we will have smog results soon in a few months. We will be testing higher FPR soon.

With the work that SOS has done with the ITBs and your RDX kit I would do that in a heartbeat if it were Emissions friendly. Keep up the work Prospeed and thanks to L_Rao too

If I could have pulled 400rwhp NA for under 10k then I would have done that vs. my turbo. The fact is, a 400rwhp NA will set you back 20-25k IF it's even possible. I personally look forward to hearing about what rwhp an internally stock motor can put down with I/H/E/ITB/RDX combo. (im going to trademark that new acronym.):tongue:

I may be a little optimistic here, but I don't see why an NA1 couldn't get to 300 wHP with the following:

1. I/H/E - Note: I think there's still 20+ wHP to be gained over the current aftermarket H/E offerings, though it would require a complete revamping of the H/E design (relocation of the cats, etc.).

2. RDX injectors + ECU. There is probably a few more HP to be squeezed out with more fuel pressure.

3. Ported intake manifold and bored out TB. Rahim (96cxt) made 14 wHP on his setup.

I have a K&N air filter, Comptech headers, NA2 exhaust and RDX injectors, and I'm at 264 wHP.

Three questions:

• Smog results are expected soon, as in a matter of days hopefully?
  • What are you attempting/aiming with higher fpr?
  • What other mods are in the near term pipeline?

Speaking of 300 na whp, see this thread. You appear to have an honorable mention:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156487

Thanks!

We will find out soon!

Yay- some credence to my assertion ~5years ago that different/larger injectors may enhance performance if done in accordance w/ other mods (ie. optimized header design, back-pressure modulated exhaust, freer-flowing intake/airbox, bored TB and/or port-&-polished intake-manifold, modified ECU, etc) as the new A/F conditions would presumably be somewhat altered from stock settings.
Here's the thread where I get poked & prodded!
nJAnk.gif

I know how you feel... I've learned its better to not listen to them and find out for yourself. There are people who talk and there are people who do... who do you want to be? =) L_RAO is a doer so he's helped the community a lot with this!

With the work that SOS has done with the ITBs and your RDX kit I would do that in a heartbeat if it were Emissions friendly. Keep up the work Prospeed and thanks to L_Rao too

Thanks!

If I could have pulled 400rwhp NA for under 10k then I would have done that vs. my turbo. The fact is, a 400rwhp NA will set you back 20-25k IF it's even possible. I personally look forward to hearing about what rwhp an internally stock motor can put down with I/H/E/ITB/RDX combo. (im going to trademark that new acronym.):tongue:

Lol Dan plans to test out the RDX injectors with his ITB's shortly!

Three questions:

• Smog results are expected soon, as in a matter of days hopefully?
  • What are you attempting/aiming with higher fpr?
  • What other mods are in the near term pipeline?

Speaking of 300 na whp, see this thread. You appear to have an honorable mention:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156487

Thanks!

It might be a matter of months but pretty soon... Honestly I don't see any reason why it wouldn't pass emissions. If anything in theory it should help emissions.

We hope higher FPR will allow an even better combustion process and that equals more power.... not unlike direct injection in the newer 911's and Ferrari 458.

The new mods are top secret but we promise to test it to verify results. =)

300 WHP is possible... Vance's 3.2 with just bolt ons I/H/E made 295. If he got the RDX injector and some of tuning with an FIC or EMS we can do it no problem!

Last edited:
Everyone keeps talking about headers. It's proven that the NA2 headers flow SO MUCH BETTER. So my question is simple:

What are the possibilities with the RDX Injectors with AEM FIC on a NA2 with OEM headers, aftermarket intake/exhaust.

I'm VERY VERY interested to see the before/after on a 3.2L.

Everyone keeps talking about headers. It's proven that the NA2 headers flow SO MUCH BETTER. So my question is simple:

What are the possibilities with the RDX Injectors with AEM FIC on a NA2 with OEM headers, aftermarket intake/exhaust.

I'm VERY VERY interested to see the before/after on a 3.2L.

I'm not sure what headers have to do with injectors or the ecu upgrade?:confused: I think everyone knows NA2 headers flow better than NA1 headers. Most people with header upgrades have DC, topspeed, comptech, and fujitsubo which also make more horsepower than the NA1. Just the swap to topspeed headers on my car picked up 10-15 whp.

I believe there will be similar gains on a 3.2L as well. We will be testing that out in the near future.

I'm not sure what headers have to do with injectors or the ecu upgrade?:confused: I think everyone knows NA2 headers flow better than NA1 headers. Most people with header upgrades have DC, topspeed, comptech, and fujitsubo which also make more horsepower than the NA1. Just the swap to topspeed headers on my car picked up 10-15 whp.

I believe there will be similar gains on a 3.2L as well. We will be testing that out in the near future.

Reading my post, I realized I could've said what I wanted a bit better. I basically just want to be sure that the dyno charts being posted of before/after are OEM gains and not necessarily reflecting the changes with various manufactures of other bolt on modifications.

If 20WHP can be gained on the 3.0L at 4k, I'm curious to know how much more potential these have with the 3.2L (if any).

400 naturally aspirated wheel horsepower in our NSX's would be glorious. A STOCK F458 Italia pumps out 450 whp and 317 wtq by comparison.

Thankfully 400 na whp is possible, but not without extensive engine work which easily costs more than $20k. Hopefully someone will figure out how to get us there for a lot less.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142227

Damn I wish I had an OBDI coupe. :mad: Thanks for your contributions Brian.

Reading my post, I realized I could've said what I wanted a bit better. I basically just want to be sure that the dyno charts being posted of before/after are OEM gains and not necessarily reflecting the changes with various manufactures of other bolt on modifications.

If 20WHP can be gained on the 3.0L at 4k, I'm curious to know how much more potential these have with the 3.2L (if any).

The gains we see are before and after with ONLY RDX injectors and ecu tuning. Both cars already had headers and they baseline you see above in both graphs show them with their headers. Headers were not added and injectors and tuning... that wouldn't make sense. As far as header or exhaust are concerned most NSX owners have either one or both. When you modify your intake or exhaust system the factory ecu wasn't designed to compensate that much and the car will run leaner from it. The RDX injectors and ecu upgrade allows us to tune the car to ideal AFR conditions that's why it is making more horsepower.

400 naturally aspirated wheel horsepower in our NSX's would be glorious. A STOCK F458 Italia pumps out 450 whp and 317 wtq by comparison.

Thankfully 400 na whp is possible, but not without extensive engine work which easily costs more than $20k. Hopefully someone will figure out how to get us there for a lot less.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142227

I believe it's possible to make 320-350 NA WHP with less than 10k on streetable compression. I don't see why not. My friends daily driver civic with a k24 makes 310 whp....400 whp would most likely be really high compression and not ideal for daily driver use.

It is NOT hard to make 300whp out of the NA1. I have been working on Honda B-series, D-series and now finally getting into the K-series.

I have tried telling people its easy but unless you are a big brand name and want to charge $800 for a simple intake members on here will not listen to you or take you seriously.

Member on here have argued that the stock NSX are made perfectly. My answer to that "YES" it was made perfectly for the 90's technology and information.

There are 2 main requirement to make power. "Air" and "fuel"
Once you get more air in the combustion chamber and more out FASTER then its only common sense that you will need more fuel.
Upgrading just the intake will not give you power, one has to get the complete flow to make the power.

Lets see if I can put this in proper order.

Cold Air Intake (with a proper size air filter bigger surface area than stock, proper diameter piping)
Bigger Throttle body (You have to port match the rubber gasket and the opening on the intake manifold all the way through)
Port and polish complete intake manifold ( port match it to the stock gasket side where it bolts up to the head)
Cams (bigger cams will let more air into the combustion chamber. but good cams for the NSX motor are not available YET)
Bigger Headers (There are tons of info available on this, but I would like to add that the collector in this need to be 2.5")
Straight pipe or high flow Cayts (needs to be consistent 2.5" inlet and outlet)
Free flowing exhaust (needs to be consistent 2.5 all the way through)
RDX injectors (now you need more fuel since you have more air flowing faster)
ECU (this is the most important because it helps all these add-ons work well together and make sure you are taking full advantage of all these add-ons.)

As I mentioned in another post, my NSX (NA1) made 239whp bone stock.

239 whp stock
257 Whp DC exhaust, Top Speed headers. and straight pipes
261 WHP + custom cold air inake
271 WHP + SOS BBTB + PP intake manifold + deleted the VVIS system.

I never did any fuel mods after this but now that the RDX injectors and the flashed ecu with proper tuning for fuel and timing I can easily make another 14-20 whp because I can take full advantage of all the mods.

I am currently running a BBSC kit and am very happy with it. But for those that want to stay NA this is one of the best mods available for the price.

I will be working with L_RAO to get a stock manifold ported for him and see if he can duplicate them for others with a proper CNC porting.

Sorry to hijack your thread. But I hope I was able to help make more sense that a 300whp NSX is not expensive and is achievable.

Rahim

Last edited:
UPDATE!

sup fellas, went to smog "test only" yesterday and my car passed like a charm! just make sure you warm up that catty very good before you get a smog and keep your engine running.

i enjoy driving the car more now after the rdx injectors mod. again, i give kuddos to brian at prospeed for lots of help and advice. i trully highly recommend this to everyone if you're going to n/a route. :wink:

This is from the original thread in the DIY section.

It has now been verified to pass emissions with the RDX injectors and Prospeed ECU upgrade. This was also in California as well. Thanks Cherylmejia for the update!

FANTASTIC! Can we see the smog report per chance? A colleague informed me that DI should not affect emissions unless there was something visible, so I'm less worried now :)

Thanks guys.

UPDATE!

This is from the original thread in the DIY section.

It has now been verified to pass emissions with the RDX injectors and Prospeed ECU upgrade. This was also in California as well. Thanks Cherylmejia for the update!

Last edited:
Guys, this is my personal vouch for Prospeed. Great guy, smart guy, and he's got a lot of new things in the works for the NSX!

I am looking forward to these results!

Back