• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

prototype Eaton M90S based S/C system

Mark911 said:
On track day it was around 60F in the early afternoon and my air temps averaged only 90F and peaked after 20 minutes of laps at 120F... EGTs look fine
Mark, refresh my memory; Where is your sensor located? Using the OEM sensor? Nice deductions. Also, where are your EGT bungs mounted?

Mark911 said:
But at least the vital components are out of harms way! I hate to think of what would have happened to a “under the trunk” mounted oil cooler, intercooler or turbo after going off the track into a desert of small boulders and rocks like at Spring Mountain. Can you say “wasted”. Anyway, more info to follow. Mark

We actually have first hand experience with this:eek: We took the FX500 on an off road adventure sometime ago at 60mph in the Nevada desert. The muffler got banged up a bit, but that’s about it. We did however lose our front lip, two technos, and rear valence. We prefer the stealth look as opposed to the in your face look, especially in the presence of highway patrol or even worse “street racers”.

KGP said:
Mark, refresh my memory; Where is your sensor located? Using the OEM sensor? Nice deductions. Also, where are your EGT bungs mounted?

Stock IAT sensor and location. EGT TCs are located in the header collectors. At bit far from the action but that's where AEM says to put them. Mark

Factor X Motorsports said:
We actually have first hand experience with this:eek: We took the FX500 on an off road adventure sometime ago at 60mph in the Nevada desert. The muffler got banged up a bit, but that’s about it. We did however lose our front lip, two technos, and rear valence. We prefer the stealth look as opposed to the in your face look, especially in the presence of highway patrol or even worse “street racers”.

Yea, I gotta admit that the stealth look has it’s advantages. Talking off road, you wouldn’t believe the amount of dirt and rocks I found trapped under my car when I got it up on the lift. I guess when I use my NSX to plow the north forty I shouldn’t complain. It just seems that half the stuff finds it way onto my face as I’m looking up under the car adding insult to injury . . . . . . Note to self: drill some “debris holes” on all horizontal surfaces for future off road activities. Sounds like front spoiler and muffler damage is a common theme when taking an NSX off the beaten path. Good luck with the Tilton, she’ll hold (mine tested good to 1250 lb/ft). Mark

Back