• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pulled over by CHP this morning

Woke up this morning and had to go to OC for a haircut. The weather was great so I took the NSX and it was a great drive with normal traffic flow of 75/80mph on the 405. I was right in that range and the next thing I know there is a motorcycle cop with his lights on telling me to pull over.

So I pulled over and he came up to tell me that I was going just a little faster than the posted speed limit. He said there were a bunch of fish in the pond and I was the biggest one so he pulled me over. The cop turned out to be a decent guy who used to have a black 92'.

We sat on the side of the 405, talked shop for about ten minutes and he let me go with a warning.

Must say that's a first . Being new to owning this car, when driving it I really need to be aware of my surroundings. It gets all kind of attention!

I was on the onramp getting into the 15 last month and hit 85-90 by the time I went to fast lane. I saw no cars when getting but I look in my rearview mirror and CHP behind me. I knew I was getting pulled over so I slowed down and went to slow lane but he just passed me giving me a thumbsup. I was surprised and extremely relieved. I drive slower now.

be careful cause it does get attention. I have a red one so that makes it worse.

Agreed Valhalla - In fact, I was ready for it - I had put in with DMV for vanity plates that read "ICU2FUZ" for that moment when the chippers slot up behind me - the online system accepted the submittal and I thought for sure my plates would be in last week. Instead I got a letter from DMV with a denial of my request because of the "increased tension between the public and law enforcement" so now I am back to the drawing board.

I know what you mean. I got pulled over by CPD on Christmas eve, they just wanted to know what kind of car it was. Before they pulled me over, I gave them a little run, (@ the speed limit of course) but my TEIN's cornered the corners faster than their Tahoe. Once the blue lights came on, I stopped, lol. I should of taken a picture. We should start a thread of your NSX pics on traffic stops.

I'm not sure the coppers would appreciate the camera activity. I punched mine getting onto hwy 78 last week and hit something in the 90-100 range when I looked in my rearview and saw a black and white coming fast on my tail. I immediately slowed and a city of Carlsbad cruiser came up alongside me on the right.....slowed down, shook his head then exited. I'm guessing he didn't have radar and couldn't get a fix on speed by matching and didn't feel like lying on the ticket ???.......or he had better things to do with his time. After living in Texas where every "Constable on Patrol" had a radar gun and used them for local revenue production I am very happy to be in this area where the police aren't forced to write ticket quotas every day.

Performance 1 - I just have to ask - what kind of rims are those and what is your tire and offsets/spacers config? Those are almost exactly like what I want to get for mine. Looking sharp! Also, what is your suspension drop?

Last edited:
I live on a big 4 lane street in LA. I have to make a U turn after pulling outta my driveway if I wanna hop on the freeway. I came home to grab something real quick on my lunch so I just parked it at the curb. After I hopped in the car, still warm, coast clear I did a 180 power whip. My car is LOUD and bright red.
20ft After my little stunt smoke still lingering, i look over in the gas station parking lot and there three cop cars parked and about 6 cops standing in a circle in front of them. That are all looking directly at me like i stopped them mid convo. The cop in the front gave me a thumbs up and a shrugging head nod and the others started to chuckle and golf clap. I tipped my hat. and waited the LONG 3 seconds it took for my light to turn green.

the most epic 'oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck' situation.

... I immediately slowed and a city of Carlsbad cruiser came up alongside me on the right.....slowed down, shook his head then exited. I'm guessing he didn't have radar and couldn't get a fix on speed by matching and didn't feel like lying on the ticket ???.......or he had better things to do with his time. ...
I give the police who stick to their rules a lot of credit.

Once, when I was about ½ my current age, I got pulled over after doing
115 in a 35 zone. The police car was a ways behind me, I didn't notice
him until we were on another road and (first and only time in my experience)
he had the siren on. He said, "I don't know how fast you were going but
I had to drive like hell to catch up with you." No ticket.

Once the blue lights came on, I stopped, lol. I should of taken a picture. We should start a thread of your NSX pics on traffic stops.

:eek:

DSC01090.jpg

I live on a big 4 lane street in LA. I have to make a U turn after pulling outta my driveway if I wanna hop on the freeway. I came home to grab something real quick on my lunch so I just parked it at the curb. After I hopped in the car, still warm, coast clear I did a 180 power whip. My car is LOUD and bright red.
20ft After my little stunt smoke still lingering, i look over in the gas station parking lot and there three cop cars parked and about 6 cops standing in a circle in front of them. That are all looking directly at me like i stopped them mid convo. The cop in the front gave me a thumbs up and a shrugging head nod and the others started to chuckle and golf clap. I tipped my hat. and waited the LONG 3 seconds it took for my light to turn green.

Thats funny as hell. Situational awareness is your friend.
<flame on> - stop doing dumb shit on public streets - </flame off>

I had a cruiser pull up on me the other day on the highway while I'm doing 70 in a 65 very early morning on an empty highway... he came alongside, pointed forward and made all the "race me" hand signals... I let him win :biggrin: He fistpumped out the window to be cool and sped off... they are guys too

An old pic that my buddy took while I was driving.

e54cfbc0.jpg

Unfortunately, it is not an NSX.

That is too funny.

This is a great thread! I've been pulled over for "looking fast" too. I just kept my cool and said "no sir" when the CHP asked if I was speeding. Funny, I was on my way to the 2010 Cal Coastal drive. I had a close call when I was heading home around midnight on the 57. I decided that I had the need for speed, but before I dropped the pedal, I changed my mind and decided to hold 65. No sooner then that, a CHP passed me. I just said whew!

Back