• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pulled up next to a GTR...

I was at kennedy commons last night (Toronto) and when I left a white GT-R cought up to me we cruise about six or seven exits on the 401, just checking each others cars.

At the end he got off at my exit, I guess he most be my neightborg.

All I have to say is that, I have been lurking around on a couple Gt-R sites after that night, I might be able to keep the NSX and see if I can pick up one next summer, I really dig them now.

-MSR

The E93 M3 is better than my old E46 M3 in just about every way but I never really got excited about the car. It's fast and responsive but feels heavy. I elected to lease the car because I wasn't sure about the convertible hard top and the top creaks when it is cold. I drove it all winter with snow tires and it did pretty well, drove through 6 inches in a blizzard where i plowed the road. My wife summed it up, it's not what I think of as a 70K car.

The E93 M3 is better than my old E46 M3 in just about every way but I never really got excited about the car. It's fast and responsive but feels heavy. I elected to lease the car because I wasn't sure about the convertible hard top and the top creaks when it is cold. I drove it all winter with snow tires and it did pretty well, drove through 6 inches in a blizzard where i plowed the road. My wife summed it up, it's not what I think of as a 70K car.

LOL I guess not at 4100+lbs. Extra weight on the vert really saps the the extra power so your pretty much back at e46 levels for accel. Nice to hear it was good in the snow.

I've seen the GTR on the ring in the snow so it's doable as well. Think your going to go that route ( GTR )?

LOL I guess not at 4100+lbs. Extra weight on the vert really saps the the extra power so your pretty much back at e46 levels for accel. Nice to hear it was good in the snow.

I've seen the GTR on the ring in the snow so it's doable as well. Think your going to go that route ( GTR )?

It was until I looked up info on maintenance. Now, I am thinking that a V10 would be fun, that or a Mini.

Some recent observations between my two "toys", for those that don't know, check out the NE River Run thread and see me getting "arrested" and you'll know!!
Just some observations after about 1,000 miles and lots of smiles: The car is an absolute monster and I'm loving every minute of it, had a great drive last Saturday down to Pa, and another great drive yesterday with some up to The Monticello Motor Club. The car feels large, wide and raw. Even with the back up camera it's an adventure in reverse. The shifting is pretty smooth and clutch engagement isn't too stiff. Those doors probably could take the place of the guillotine, and one of these days someone is going to die. The sound of the racing exhaust is like music and the power is available 24/7 from anywhere you want it. The car will go sideways anytime you hit the pedal too hard. This morning I took it out for a ride, and then as I was going up to Bedford to play tennis, decided to take the NSX as I have to travel on a pretty rough road that might cause the even lower GT to have a problem. I hadn't driven the NSX since I got the GT and was beginning to question my decision to keep both as I was having so much fun with the GT. The differences are even greater than the similarities. Both aluminum, mid engine-rear wheel configs and that's where it ends. The NSX is so lithe compared to the GT, it's like a scalpel and the GT a machete. The NSX is so much fun to drive as is the GT and both are enjoyable and I'm glad that I've got them both. The decision of which one to drive on any given beautiful weekend day is going to be fun, I can't lose either way. I don't know how you guys that have many toys decide which one to pick, but I know that I'll enjoy making the decision!!! I'm happy with my choices!!!!
PS, I gave a lot of thought to getting a R8 as I like the look and yes the AWD is a selling point, but didn't think that it was "unique" enough. I do love my choices and both are a joy to drive, try it, you'll like it!!!

It was until I looked up info on maintenance. Now, I am thinking that a V10 would be fun, that or a Mini.

Yeah and ins is pretty high as well. What V10 you looking at M5/6 or Porsche Carrera ... or LFA ..drool

The M5 seems a great alternative to the new M3 as long as you go SMG. The manual on it is much much slower. Should be some good deals as the new version will be coming out next year.

Some recent observations between my two "toys", for those that don't know, check out the NE River Run thread and see me getting "arrested" and you'll know!!
Just some observations after about 1,000 miles and lots of smiles: The car is an absolute monster and I'm loving every minute of it, had a great drive last Saturday down to Pa, and another great drive yesterday with some up to The Monticello Motor Club. The car feels large, wide and raw. Even with the back up camera it's an adventure in reverse. The shifting is pretty smooth and clutch engagement isn't too stiff. Those doors probably could take the place of the guillotine, and one of these days someone is going to die. The sound of the racing exhaust is like music and the power is available 24/7 from anywhere you want it. The car will go sideways anytime you hit the pedal too hard. This morning I took it out for a ride, and then as I was going up to Bedford to play tennis, decided to take the NSX as I have to travel on a pretty rough road that might cause the even lower GT to have a problem. I hadn't driven the NSX since I got the GT and was beginning to question my decision to keep both as I was having so much fun with the GT. The differences are even greater than the similarities. Both aluminum, mid engine-rear wheel configs and that's where it ends. The NSX is so lithe compared to the GT, it's like a scalpel and the GT a machete. The NSX is so much fun to drive as is the GT and both are enjoyable and I'm glad that I've got them both. The decision of which one to drive on any given beautiful weekend day is going to be fun, I can't lose either way. I don't know how you guys that have many toys decide which one to pick, but I know that I'll enjoy making the decision!!! I'm happy with my choices!!!!
PS, I gave a lot of thought to getting a R8 as I like the look and yes the AWD is a selling point, but didn't think that it was "unique" enough. I do love my choices and both are a joy to drive, try it, you'll like it!!!

Thanks for the input. I have been seriously thinking of the GT since it is a car I think will keep some of its value, a last piece of Americana. I have also been considering the R8-V10 and its funny because out here, I see GTs not infrequently but I have only seen 2 R8s, only one privately owned, and the other as the magazine mule (Ann Arbor - Home to Car and Driver as well as Automobile mag) so it is definitely the rare car here.

Yeah and ins is pretty high as well. What V10 you looking at M5/6 or Porsche Carrera ... or LFA ..drool

The M5 seems a great alternative to the new M3 as long as you go SMG. The manual on it is much much slower. Should be some good deals as the new version will be coming out next year.

Used M5 and M6 are a steal considering how much they cost brand new. Thinking about the M5 since it has the 4 doors, the M6 back seat is so small that even my 5 and 3 year olds wouldn't fit with booster seats. I wish I could swing a CGT or LFA but like you, I'm just drooling. Hoping to convince the wife that the R8-V10 or LP-560 is the ticket.

So what color GT-R would you guys get? I thought the Gray Metallic was a winner but after some pondering, the Red is starting to catch my attention. When the GT-R first came out, I thought their choice of red was the worst color available, but now, I kinda like it.

Still, the Gray/"Gun Metallic" would be the choice for me. For now. ;)

Last edited:
I liked the dark gunmetal but chose black so as to hide the ugly front better.
I've really taken a liking to black cars now even though they require more work. Although black isn't my favorite with the NSX, it works for everything else for me.

I must really like this guy (and black color) because I named my dog after him

darth-vader-face.jpg

I was thinking, I'll take a white one. I've yet to own a white sports car and love the look of white/CF trim bits combo. Maybe a nice set of Gold Volks to finish off the whole package. The Black looks sick too, but I cant handle driving a dirty car and there is no way to keep black cars clean in NJ.:wink:

Back