• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Put Money Down on a '97 Spa Yellow 6 Speed NSX-T with 38902 miles!

Well I sold a couple of garage queens for my first NSX. Sold a nice '71 Datsun 240Z and a mint 2007 Nismo 350Z. I made the mistake of driving a NSX several weeks ago and was hooked. I have always wanted one being a huge Senna fan. I noticed the NSX went up for sale Saturday on consignment and I made an offer based on Hagerty #2 values and the owner took it. Paid $48.5K. I hope I didn't do too bad. Clean carfax two owner car with service records. I pick her up next week and drive her home from FL. Can't wait. :smile:

Last edited:
I love impulse buy's... Congrats! Looking forward to the pics

I love impulse buy's... Congrats! Looking forward to the pics
I did have to make room by selling the Z cars. I wasn't expecting to find a NSX so quickly. I like the improvements the '97 received. Plus the targa satisfies my convertible wants too. This car up for sale Saturday and supposedly another NSX owner drove in an offered the owner $47K and he refused. Hagerty #2 car value $48.5K. Sold.:biggrin:

put it this way, if it was what you always wanted and you can afford it WHO CARES!!! life is not a spectator sport. People end up waiting and hoping and looking for YEARS to find one. if you passed on this one who knows when the next one that you would want comes up.

good luck with it, post up pictures

Congrats! Moving quick on a 1997+ car is wise, not many come on the market. I hope it brings you many smiles.

Love and let live, with that being said good luck and congrats.

put it this way, if it was what you always wanted and you can afford it WHO CARES!!! life is not a spectator sport. People end up waiting and hoping and looking for YEARS to find one. if you passed on this one who knows when the next one that you would want comes up.

good luck with it, post up pictures
Thanks pretty much my feelings too. We aren't promised anything.

Last edited:
Welcome to NSX ownership, and congrats on getting the fastest and best looking color!!!!

Congrats - I am always willing to pay up or a fair price for a car that has good prior ownership and all records - peace of mind - sounds like an excellent purchase and you will love the ownership experience! The Z cars are great too - its funny, as I sometimes look for a 71 or 72 240Z as I have fond memories of that car - Sold a 69 1600 Roadster in the past in the hopes of finding a nice 240Z but never found one.
Think the spa yellow is an awesome color for the NSX - Happy Motoring! Jay

I'd much rather pay more for a well kept lower mile car than a car with questionable multi owner history. such a car can suck 5k out of your pocket very quickly. Best of luck with your new to you nsx!

Thanks everyone. Glad to be a full member now.

I don't think you did badly on the price. You say it has service records but does it need the TB/WP done? Make sure you post some pictures when you get it. Also some pictures of that 240 would be cool to see. Congrats and welcome to the yellow club.

I don't think you did badly on the price. You say it has service records but does it need the TB/WP done? Make sure you post some pictures when you get it. Also some pictures of that 240 would be cool to see. Congrats and welcome to the yellow club.
The service records show the TB/WP were recently done. I used to have a link to NSX pricing from NSX Prime but I seemed to have lost it. I used the data from Hagerty to make my offer.

Last edited:
Sweet another SC Owner. If you get to Charleston. We have some here hat hang out. There are several guys from Greenville/Spartenburg area on the site too

Last edited:
With the steady increase in NSX values, who cares if you got a great deal today. It will be worth more tomorrow. Enjoy it and don't look back!

Hey brother, I like your style!

I bought essentially the exact same car as yours (97 Spa Yellow w/ 44k miles) back in December and although I haven't been able to drive it much (damn winter) I've loved every minute of it so far. I'm sure you will too. Congrats!

Last edited:
Headed down Friday to pick her up. Hopefully the car is as advertised.

Congrats and enjoy the drive home. It's the only way to take delivery of an NSX in my book. Make a list of things like squeeks and rattles you notice that may need your attention. There are always some small things on any used car. Even an NSX with so little miles. That is a great find.

Back