• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Put Money Down on a '97 Spa Yellow 6 Speed NSX-T with 38902 miles!

Congratulations and drive safe. Our numbers are dwindling and we don't want to see another one permanently parked in Shawn's backyard in Tampa! Great color by the way.

Thanks everyone. I head out Friday to pick her up.

I have seen the PDF showing where all the ID plates are for the NSX including engine and transmission. Is there a plate or list that tells you which engine & tranny were original to the car? I know on my old Z cars the engine number and VIN or listed on a plate in the engine bay. Just curious.

Made it home Saturday night around 6 PM. The car was as advertised. It had two minor dings one in the hood and one in the fender. I think my Paintless dent guys can take care of them. I am pretty anal about my cars. Most people wouldn't even notice these small imperfections on a 17 year old car. My drive home was around 515 miles from Orlando to Greer SC. The only issue I had was the front tires were pretty badly flat spotted. It was hard to tell this around town but on the interstate at 75 MPH it was obvious! I guess I need to pick up some new front tires. I'll probably try and get them road force balanced first as they have lots of tread on them. They are RE010's. Only felt the unbalance in the steering wheel and not in the seat. Car tracks straight. Otherwise the trip was very good and I got to know the car. I drove through a torrential downpour in Jacksonville and the car did fine. I enjoyed the drive in spite of the unbalance in the front tires.

Biggest difficulty I had was the 5th & 6th gear shift. The gearbox pattern is so tight I had trouble making the 4th to 5th gear change. I got better at it as I drove it. The tightest shift pattern I have ever driven and I've owned a S2000, Miata and 350Z. The other thing is the tight footbox. The driving position is excellent and at 6'-2" I have plenty of head and leg room. However in an quick panic stop the pedals are close together and you better pay attention. Again the more I drove it the better it got. As far as I can tell everything works on the car.

The dealer who consigned the car sells Lambo, Bentley & Rolls and it was cool how the '97 NSX still held its own stylewise with the Lambo's. There were two other buyers who were ready to buy the car if I walked away. I think I will enjoy this car alot. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you made the trip okay. I drove mine from Indiana to New York. First time in an NSX for me. Fun trip.

I'm not 100% sure but it was my understanding that modern tires do not flat spot and if they do the effect is usually not permanent (it will go away after the tires warm up). Did the unbalance last the whole trip?

Make sure to post some pictures!!

Glad to hear that you made the trip okay. I drove mine from Indiana to New York. First time in an NSX for me. Fun trip.

I'm not 100% sure but it was my understanding that modern tires do not flat spot and if they do the effect is usually not permanent (it will go away after the tires warm up). Did the unbalance last the whole trip?

Make sure to post some pictures!!
Unbalance lasted the whole trip.....Felt in the steering wheel not in the seat.

NSX1.jpgNSX2.jpgphoto.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to get the tires balanced and the alignment checked Friday. I am curious I only got one key and one remote. How hard/costly is it to get another from Acura?

I am going to get the tires balanced and the alignment checked Friday. I am curious I only got one key and one remote. How hard/costly is it to get another from Acura?

The keys and remote themselves are not terribly expensive but the programming of them can be. I would call your local Acura dealership to get a quote.

Looks very Nice! Huge Congrats and welcome to Spa Land!

A couple of pics my son took after we went for a drive.

IMG_3414.jpgIMG_4195.jpg

Beautiful!! Congrats!

Thanks. I am real happy with it. Took it to my local NSX garage Acutech and they loved it. I had them balance the tires and check the alignment. I was talking to the owner and he asked me where I got the car. I mentioned it came from Orlando & I had service records from First Class Automotive and he knows Nabil. First Class did the major service on the car including TB etc. He said no more need be said!

I was checking current Hagerty #2 car value for a 1997 NSX-T. It was $48500 when I purchased my car. Shows $52100 as of May 2014. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Congrats on joining the club, and kudos to your choice in color! I too just purchased a '97 Spa Yellow NSX. 48kmi and simply flawless! It arrived last week and I'm still smiling!! NSX Prime has such a great group of active members that provide a wealth of knowledge.

Cheers!
Shaun

Congrats! I recently (6 days ago) picked up my NSX. Maybe we should organize a gathering for all 4-5 South Carolina owners!

Any pics of the 240z? I had one as a first car. I'd like to get another one as soon as garage space opens up.

Back