• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question for all of you gamer

Correct. Although there is a very small chance that LCD can have burn in, plasma is more succeptable. However, most gaming systems today tend to shy away from "hard" colors because of what the four bit games did to TV's of the past. Truth is that between the beter gaming consoles and improved TV's of today, there is little chance of burn in anyhow. If I owned a plama, I would play my X-box on it anyhow. Just don't walk away with the game paused and leave the set on!

Do you really mean LCD projection and not LCD screen? I've read an advice here on the labels of some PS 2 games that they should not be played on a projection TV - not sure if they mean the old versions or also the LCD versions.

CRT projectors (usually older) are very sensitive to burn in due to their indipendent bulb design compouded by their amazingly sensitive color lenses (depending on model). The same properties that give CRT's their warm, lush vibrancy on screen becomes their downfall with video games.

DLP and LCD projectors, once again, are practically devoid of this weakness. LCD does not usually suffer from burn in, but from burn out.

I play my xbox on the plasma all the time, i 've heard it's not recommended to leave a game on pause for than 15 minutes anyways on any tv screen. If you must, pause and turn the tele off.

I too play halo2 on the plasma tv everynight. I do however turn off the tv if i have to pause and leave the room.

I've been playing SOCOM II ONLINE on my Sony projector screen TV for 1 year already....no problems here.. :confused:

Back