• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question for those with Quick Jack - the short block

For those of you with a Quick Jack, does the short block it comes with work with the pinch weld jack points on the NSX? Or did you need to get another pinch weld rubber block? Quick Jack sells one for $85 :eek: but that seems pricey.

yea the included short block works fine. The rubber is soft enough it bends around the pinch weld. I use it all the time, the problem becomes if your car is aggressively lowered.

i am on coilovers, 17/18in wheels and about 1inch lower all the way around, thats about as low as i can go with the quickjack still fitting,

dumb question.. is it true you cannot roll over the QJ's? So what do you guys do? Do you put them away, stand them up, set them to side every time you want to use it? I wanted to build short ramps. Something like this.

race-ramps-car-lift-ramps-14.gif

My NSX is lowered and the short blocks that come with the Quick Jack were still too tall to fit under my jack points. Also, Quick Jack needs some room to 'get moving' upwards (the say do not try to lift a car without tires) so in order to straddle the QJ, provide some clearance, and not have to find a place to store them, I made a ramp with some horse stall mats and cut out the middle section so I could drive up on them, and then move the section out and slide the QJ in like this:

lift1.jpglift2.jpglift3.jpg

@TxGlenn That's really quite helpful. Bummer, I wish you could just drive over them. The design probably doesn't make that easy from what I can see.

I wonder if I was to weld some diamond plates along the two long rails to act as a flat plaform. Do you think you could run over them then? (I know i'm reaching here)

I wonder if I was to weld some diamond plates along the two long rails to act as a flat plaform. Do you think you could run over them then? (I know i'm reaching here)

If I follow what you're asking, I do not think so. The QJ does not still flat on the ground. One end rises slightly and the hydraulic hose runs underneath so it would potentially pinch/sever when you drove over it.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Back