• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Questions to So Cal NSXer's

I have a question to So Cal Nsx owners.

How come we have the most cars in any one region, but its always the same people come out to important events?

important event=NSXPO 2005

I don't understand how many of you guys spend mucho $$$ for your car and mods, but can't spend $40 to join NSXCA (one time does not count) or come out to AZ for the NSXPO.

Can someone please edumacate me in this matter. I sure some of you had work or family issues, but it seems like same people year after year shows up for these events.
However, many of you NSX owners show up for "free" events. What does this say about NSX owners?

Are we just bunch a lazy and cheap NSX owners. We are willing to pay thousands of $ for mods, but can't join NSXCA or renew membership and lastly attend a great event like NSXPO at AZ?

As a PrepaidA$$ man, I justed wished many of your were their to enjoy such a awesome time all of us who were in AZ.

I'm a member of NSXCA but didn't go to NSXPO because of family committments. If NSXPO comes to the LA Area, I wll be there!

PrepaidA$$ said:
I have a question to So Cal Nsx owners.

How come we have the most cars in any one region, but its always the same people come out to important events?

important event=NSXPO 2005

I don't understand how many of you guys spend mucho $$$ for your car and mods, but can't spend $40 to join NSXCA (one time does not count) or come out to AZ for the NSXPO.

Can someone please edumacate me in this matter. I sure some of you had work or family issues, but it seems like same people year after year shows up for these events.
However, many of you NSX owners show up for "free" events. What does this say about NSX owners?

Are we just bunch a lazy and cheap A$$ NSX owners. We are willing to pay thousands of $ for mods, but can't join NSXCA or renew membership and lastly attend a great event like NSXPO at AZ?

As a PrepaidA$$ man, I justed wished many of your were their to enjoy such a awesome time all of us who were in AZ.

Don't forget to use A$$ at every chance. I wonder if there is a Prepaid NSXCA lifetime membership? Maybe you can set it up for us Prepaid wannabee's?

PrepaidA$$ said:
Are we just bunch a lazy and cheap NSX owners.
Nope!
PrepaidA$$ said:
We are willing to pay thousands of $ for mods, but can't join NSXCA or renew membership and lastly attend a great event like NSXPO at AZ?
I figure, same type of people who pay thousands of $ for mods have alot other things goin on! For me, had karting and tracking been on Sat-Sun instead of Mon-Tues, I would have been there :)

For me personally, there are many reasons why I could not make it.

1. Too far for me, I have yet taking my NSX for a trip further than 50miles in the past 2 years, no joke.

2. I was in Japan last week. Simply too busy, rarely have free times what so ever.

If nsxpo is in Southern Cal, I will not miss it. If it is in other States, I have no chance in hell.

I'm a member of NSXCA, but I raced the NASA event at Buttonwillow that weekend in my "$$$$ modded" NSX. I'd rather be racing it than talking about it. Besides, with more NSX owners in Cali, why is NSXPO always held in AZ ?

im fairly new here, and im wondering what the NSXCA is?? and whats with the $40 fee? any benifits? not trying to sound like a cheap ass or anything. just wondering :biggrin:

SKB NSX said:
Besides, with more NSX owners in Cali, why is NSXPO always held in AZ ?
Not really sure what you mean by that, but NSXPO 2005 was the first one held in Arizona. And the fact that representatives from the area put in a very compelling bid to hold it there is probably a strong reason why it was in that state.

jagtiger said:
Yeah...Why not in CALI?? :confused:
NSXPO 2003 was held at Infineon Raceway, in the northern SF Bay area. Two NSXPOs in three years in the same state might be a bit much to ask for the rest of the nation.

enesexdreamer said:
im fairly new here, and im wondering what the NSXCA is?? and whats with the $40 fee? any benifits? not trying to sound like a cheap ass or anything. just wondering :biggrin:
$40 is the annual fee for the NSXCA, the NSX Club of America. You can find out about the club and benefits here: www.nsxca.org.

-Randy

Well, see there you go . . . . only having an NSX since January '05, what would I know ? For some reason I thought it was always held in AZ. :biggrin:

SKB NSX said:
Well, see there you go . . . . only having an NSX since January '05, what would I know ? For some reason I thought it was always held in AZ. :biggrin:
Well, from your perspective, it's true that every NSXPO since your purchase has been held in Arizona. :D

I figure if I'm willing to tolerate 6 hour drives regularly to Mammoth each snowboarding season, then I should definitely participate in any NSXPO that falls within a 6 hour drive (which included 2003 and 2005). Work ALMOST kept me away from this one...and I was certainly glad I ended up making it. Don't let a "short" drive discourage you from attending one of these...the caravans, the people, spending quality time with your NSX make all the driving worth it.

Last edited:
For the last couple years my excuse has been school and work. :frown:
Will hope and try again next year.

I challenge the Cali owners to represent in greater numbers than the NE crew next year in FL! :cool:

One of the first things I did when I purchased my NSX was join the NSXCA and I'm glad I did. The quarterly mag. is worth the price of admission and I had a blast at NSXPO.

However, I almost didn't go. Why? My wife couldn't come because of work and I couldn't track my car. I was hesitant to put nearly 1,500 miles on my car in four days to go to AZ (which I visit a few times a year anyway for Spring Training (Go Halos) and family) but I'm glad I did.

That being said... I don't think its reasonable for me to expect to make FL next year. If it's held about the same time, my wife won't be able to go and that's one hell of a long drive.

All that being said... I know there's a lot of highly active local folks that would have enjoyed NSXPO. It will be back out West (somewhere) in 2007 and I hope we make a greater showing then.

jagtiger said:
Yeah...Why not in CALI?? :confused:
I hear this question all the time and if you guys want an NSXPO in California then some one needs to step up to the plate, gather a group of volunteers, get the ball rolling and put in a proposal. This is not a one person job and it takes a lot of hours to get the hotel, race track, restaurants and other venues for an NSXPO. It doesn't happen by itself.

ANYTIME said:
Don't forget to use A$$ at every chance. I wonder if there is a Prepaid NSXCA lifetime membership? Maybe you can set it up for us Prepaid wannabee's?

Oh ya!! Prepaid NSXCA lifetime membership!

I like that a lot. Maybe we should have a fundraiser? @ www.prepaidass.com
I am thinking with K-swift's help of few fine A$$ ladies, guys can spend your way to a lifetime member of NSXCA. You will definitely be a Prepaid for the future NSXPO and NSXCA events.

nsxsupra said:
For me personally, there are many reasons why I could not make it.

1. Too far for me, I have yet taking my NSX for a trip further than 50miles in the past 2 years, no joke.

2. I was in Japan last week. Simply too busy, rarely have free times what so ever.

If nsxpo is in Southern Cal, I will not miss it. If it is in other States, I have no chance in hell.

My man,

You need to expand your horizon little more. 50 miles? Wow!!! Sorry, I just don't get it. I hope you get the courage to venture out more than 50 mile in your future.

Like I said, we have the most cars in the rergion. Lets not think the NSX world revolves around So Cal.

Although I was hoping for more SoCal NSXers would attend NSXPO, I understand that people have different priorities than spending 5 days with the club. Some people are just not comfortable if they don't know too many people. We do have a lot of new owners here.

From the SoCal caravan, most owners have owned their cars for quite a few years...except MCM :wink: We have been hanging out for years and feel really comfortable with each other.

While we were in Scottsdale, a few of us were talking about hitting 3 tracks (Button Willow, Big Willow and Streets of Willow) in one NSXPO. This time of year is perfect to hit Button Willow and/or Willow Springs. Since Button Willow have so many configurations, even just going to Button Willow will do.

I know that is not much in Bakersfield, but it is located between these 2 track locations. There are some wineries west of there that'd be perfect for a social drive.

Time commitment for me. Not easy to just say I'm outta here for 72-96 hours. Sorry guys. I'm just rich enough to afford the car..$$$$ but time is one thing I wish I could have more of.

"I'd give up all my tomorrows to spend just one more yesterday with you".....

Sister whose brother was lost on 9/11

Danny Yee.

I hope I can meet those of you who couldn't make NSXPO 2005.

Besides the many NSX that showed up, one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences of the event was meeting all the great NSX owners. The group of people that I met are simply top-rate. I couldn't imagine a better group of people to hang out with.

Would love to meet the others who are NSX owners down the road, perhaps at NSXPO 2006/7? Will we have our HSCs by then? :)

I am very suprised about lack of response from what I call the "ususal suspects"
I was hoping I get some reponses from this group, but again I should've figured that they are not part of the PrePaid A$$ program.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to put people down. I just want to see more energy and enthusiasm.

I hope we get more NSX owners in So cal to be commited to NSXCA and other related events.

PrePaid A$$ all the way!!!! :biggrin:

Boy you are attention starved... :biggrin: J/K

Most of us have family and work commitments. Personally it is hard for me to get away for the weekend without the family.

Back