• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R/C opinion

Well I'm thinking with the money that I'm going to make when I start working I will buy this beauty suposably the fastest R/C car in the world. Well I was thinking of getting this and I can't make up my mind on which of these bodies I should put. One looks like a stock Tuscan Speed 6 and the other looks like the JGTC NSX. I don't know which one I should get. Here are the pics.

The NSX
IMG_0820s.jpg

The Tuscan Speed6
7474.jpg

If anyone is also interested in the fastest R/C in the world here is the link.

http://www.racing-cars.com/fusion.asp

So Tell me which one do you like more. I like both by about the same.

My pick would be the NSX of course. But then again, the TVR might fit your purpose better. It's appears to have a much better shape and seems cleaner at high speed. I would worry that the NSX shell might have a bit too much drag. I was aware that the previous HPI NSX shell was designed very well in regards to downforce; I heard reports that it handled well.

Maybe you should end up getting the TVR for your "land speed assault" ;) and get the additional NSX body for display purposes.

-Randy

Get both. Car bodies are cheap. $25 each.

A word about the Schumacher Fusion, get some extremely sticky rubber. It doesn't nearly handle as well as other cars out there but its very fast. But if top speed is all you care about, then the Fusion is not a bad choice. ;)

Thanks for the advice guys it realy helps me out alot. Also do you know of any company that makes body molds of the stock normal looking NSX?

If there is no company that makes these well then is there a way of me being to able to make one custom made?

Thanks for any reply and all replies are appriciated.:)

Midnight_Raven said:
Thanks for the advice guys it realy helps me out alot. Also do you know of any company that makes body molds of the stock normal looking NSX?

If there is no company that makes these well then is there a way of me being to able to make one custom made?

The only one I was aware of in 1/10 scale is the LOOOOONG discontinued Tamiya body set. Good luck finding it. I haven't seen one in a store for three years. You'll see an occassional body or complete kit pop up on eBay every once in a while, but it's either way over priced or from overseas (or both). :(

BTW, as I've mentioned in another post, HotBodiesUSA makes one closer to stock than the normal JGTC looking ones, but it's still not that close. Let me know if you need a pic.

-Randy

Yes there is
I've seen them on Ebay once in a while
but other than the 1/10 I have 1/24 hehe vintage toys about 10 yrs old

Midnight_Raven said:

Okay I guess I will have to get the TVR and the JGTC NSX body.

Thanks for all your replies.

Talking about R/C Cars...

I had a crazy R/C bug in early 90s (that was long time ago), and I had several Kyosho and Yokomo 4wd electronic cars. Ever since 1994, I stopped racing R/C cars, and have been out of the roop for a long time. I want to get back to the scene, and see what the trend nowadays is.

Since I am still very familiar with the structure of R/C cars, I think that I can catch up quite quickly. I noticed several R/C Car forums out there.. which one is the most active one? :confused:

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, the TVR would be better for the highspeed runs. But, from experience, the NSX body isn't that bad of a handler. It's very responsive at turn in and corner exit. It isn't the quickest on the straights but it does handle very well.

I had the R/C bug a few years ago as well and I too miss it a bit. Still brings a smile to my face. I think I'd like to get into it again once I finish with the NSX. That AWD Tamiya F1 car looks awesome. Then again, an R/C jet plane sounds like fun too...

RC Tech forums are good, I'm there too. Its built up of mainly racers and its a mature forum.

Theres also the www.rccaraction.com forums which is even more busy but most of them are of the younger group.

shumacher is a nice make of car but not the best nor the fastest.
if your only wanting speed and looks then electric is the way to go. i like nitro because of the authenticity of it and no recharge time. any rc car that will do 80 mph is more then fast enough for anyone who is only a basher as they are called. very pretty car though.
might want to check out the hpiracing.com sight. they got some nice bodies and great cars also.

567234ta said:
shumacher is a nice make of car but not the best nor the fastest.
if your only wanting speed and looks then electric is the way to go. i like nitro because of the authenticity of it and no recharge time. any rc car that will do 80 mph is more then fast enough for anyone who is only a basher as they are called. very pretty car though.
might want to check out the hpiracing.com sight. they got some nice bodies and great cars also.
Bright one you are...Those bodies were HPI.-owner of an HPI Racing Nitro MT.

I picked up one of those older Tamiay NSXs bodies on ebay a while ago. I still haven't painted it but the detail is really nice and realistic. I like the fact that it has the door mounted mirrors. I'm going to paint it to match my real NSX:D

I donated an HPI 190 mm NSX body and Tamiya TB EVO II to the NSXPO planning group, so I imagine it'll be availabe as a silent auction item or door prize. So make sure you attend!

Back