• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P Len3.8

Truly a sad event.

Len you will be missed. May his spirit live on through his life long deeds and in our close knit community.

Our condolences to the family.

If I can help out in any way, shape or form, please let me know.

Max, Char and Eric

My thoughts to you Ko-NSX for your loss. We'll all be with you in Alton. My thoughts and love to you and the family.
Ko-nsx said:
Len's family is thankful and truly amazed at the responses recieved in during this ordeal.

Im trying to keep everyone informed about everything during this truly sad time. I try to be as strong as possible but Len and I were VERY close. I looked up to him in many ways, him being older than me and to not get a call from him today(we talked daily) makes this bad dream a true reality. From car/motorcycle drives to eating pizza and watching top gear episodes, we did it. He was truly a brother i could call a brother.

This is what i have so far. Len will be cremated and this is the only service. There will be a viewing/wake Sat, Nov 4th here http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/moreinfo/index.jsp?id=44826265&q=Cathy Williams and Son

Williams Cathy M & Sons Funeral Home
1725 Oakwood Ave
Alton, IL 62002
(618) 462-9155

Please send all flowers and cards to this address. I am talking to his wife and brother about donations, please give us a little time to get the details straight. Len has a lot of family and friends, and quite honestly its hard to even talk with family and friends without becoming a little grief stricken. I will post more when i have the opportunity and details. Thanks from the family ,the comradery is overwehlming.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Len, but being a fellow NSX & motorcycle enthusiast, it saddens me to hear of the tragedy. RIP Len. My condolences to your family & friends, and may the joy of life he had, rest in all of you.

MiamieNeSeX said:
attachment.php

Awesome picture of him

Wow...I'm flabbergasted. What a tragic loss for the NSX community and Len's family & friends. :frown: Rest in peace, Len.

This realy sucks!

Len was a great guy!

I have known him for 5 years and talked to him every month, we would meet up 3 or 4 times a year at a car event but one of us allways had a broken car.

We went through some tough times with are cars, but he always had a joke to get my mind off of it. He is a true O.G. of Prime, he had time to chat with everyone, and touched us all in one way or another. Every time we spoke the first thing he would talk about was his family and how his kids where doing.
No matter what happened in his life he had such a positive attitude, he was a true Friend to all that had the pleasure of meeting him.

Len my brother..................you will be missed dearly. :frown:

Never met him, but sounds like he lived a good life and touched the lives of many others. Unfortunately, he left this world too soon. Prayers and thoughts to his family and friends. RIP.

I met Len a couple of times and just thought he was a really decent guy. Since I haven't hit the forums much, I missed that part so many of you shared. But he was a decent man and was clearly loved by his friends.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and all of you on your loss.

Bike wrecks really suck. I lost my best friend last year on the way to my wedding as my best man when he dumped his HD on the Jefferson Barracks Bridge. Nobody knows what happened. My wife and I know others who have lost their lives in the past couple of years on 2 wheels, as well. And I have a friend who has been in a wheelchair for many years in an accident that sounds just like Len's. Even if you are riding right, somebody can easily miss seeing you.

We can only take a reminder from this to be safe and watch out for everybody on the road.

I'll be glad to help with the memorial or whatever is done. Take care all. Dan

:frown:
Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Len in person, I looked foward to doing so on one of my yearly trips to STL to watch my Rams..would have been cool to go to a game with him...My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family...He will truely be missed:frown:

BTW, it would be nice for everyone on here who has a cool pic of him and story(like the ones already posted) to post them on this thread...

R.I.P. Len

When Kelly (Ko-nsx) called me and told me about Len I just about fell out my chair. I walked around in disbelief. In fact, I could not get to sleep until after 4 in the morning. I still did not believe it until I read about it in the Post this morning. I still find it hard to believe. He was a stand up guy. He took a real interest in my house renovations. It was always humerous hearing him rib Tony (NSX01). I will miss his red sweatshirt and that giant watch, and most of all, him:frown:. Anyone can see how much he will be missed just from this thread.
Len, I will see you one more time Saturday before you head off to the finish line, then we'll catch up with you later, ole sport. R.I.P. buddy.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Lawrence

Last edited:
I've just been watching this thread and thinking about how fragile life is. I've only been lucky enough to chat with Len3.8 and he was always the one striking a friendly conversation with me. No question he will be missed and our hearts and prayers go out to his loved ones. Thanks for the pictures, it's easy to associate his kind spirit with his images.

Len is one of my close friend. I know him since he got his nsx back in 2001. We chat all the time on the phone and in person. Everytime he around my area he stop by to visit me. I can't belived what happened to him. I will alway remember him. RIP Len.

Tony

Man...I've never met him but already I feel the lost of meeting an awesome guy. :frown:

I am totally stunned. Len was a fellow Porsche owner and motorcyclist. This really shocked me to think about my own mortality. Ironically, Lud and I were sitting in the Suzuka Circuit yesterday discussing about my motorcycle collection and the dangerous nature of motorcycling. He even stated that he would only pick up motorcycling if he had a terminal illness. As of a few minutes ago, I was on a shopping spree for motorcycle parts. Now I am reading this and am deeply saddened particularly for the family that Len left behind. This really punched out a big hole in my heart and I think my riding days are over. I know how much Len adored his family as he had always showed his great affections for it.
RIP, Len.
Steve

Okay....I do not really post on Prime anymore, or visit the site much, so when I saw this thread I thought it was just Len being Len and joking about something like a broken car, or something else. Then when I found out it was real the shock set in. I chatted with Len quite a bit as we both shared the same sense of humor and laid back style. Len was the type of guy that more people should aspire to be like. A man who loved his family, and loved to live life to the fullest. Lots of people talk a big game about living life, but Len actually stepped up to the plate and lived it. There is so much to say that I do not know where to go from here.....Len, I will miss you bro. See you on the other side....I'll buy the first tank of gas for our drive. :frown:

RIP Len3.8

This is so sad and may the power above take care of his family. Which he will.

OMG no! How truly sad this is. My deepest condolences to Len's family and friends, he has obviously impacted so many in a positive way.

R.I.P Len, R.I.P.

Just logged in to say goodby to Len - Will miss his smiling face at Gateway - and know his passing has left a giant hole in lots of lives. Would like for his family to know that he had a huge extended family in the motorsports world. Godspeed Len. Kurt & Angie

Nothing to say that has not been said...rest in peace...a loss for all...

Reminds me to live each day like it is my last, filled with love and the the things which matter.

Feels odd to say good bye to a guy I never met in person, but the feeling of loss is no less real. Len leaves big shoes to fill, and an even bigger heart.

Back