• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Raleigh Area NSX Owner Meet

It's about time we all get together. James (pixelhaus) and I are organizing an event for Saturday, July 14th. Details still being formulated....but DATE is firm. Watch for more details soon. We are thinking of getting together at a meeting area for late afternoon gathering, then caravan to a club/restaurant together. Alix's original proposal for the club she was working in the spring is being considered.

Watch for more details soon........but lock in Saturday, July 14th!!!!!

Sorry guys, but I can't make it. I'll be on a big boat in the Atlantic that day.

good for you! that sounds like a good time.

anyone else??

i'll even be raffling off some cases of valvoline synthetic oil, fuel sytem cleaner, ATE brake fluid!!! and possibly other items! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! ;)

Steve Gooding (the local NSX master tech) will be attending as well!

it'll be a fun meet! it's summer! come on y'all!

Last edited:
I will try to make it. Any one up for go carts in Garner? Jeff

I'll be on vacation the 14th.

I'll mention this to Alix if I see her tonight at the "new" Dirty (which has changed its name and is becoming more of a lounge). I'll ask her if the lounge might still be interested in hosting something as mentioned previously.

Dropped my car off at Steve Gooding's for an oil change and new(er) '00 OEM shocks and springs- which should be better on the track than my '91 shocks with 93k miles on them! -Howard

I'm in. What can I bring along beside the vehicle?
It's too bad we're losing many NSXers.

Is is just a "grown person thing" or are family members invited?

Cheers,

I did see Alix Saturday and she offered the Velvet Lounge in the Glenwood South area of Raleigh (formerly the Dirty Martini) as a meeting spot for a weekend night. They can rope off an area out front for the NSX's to park.

Just an option; if anyone wants to follow-up, PM Alix or call the Velvet Lounge. (I'll be outta town that weekend).

Post some photos, wherever you meet up.

PS- I just met Steve Gooding this past weekend when he worked on my car, and he is an AWESOME guy. Very knowledgable about the NSX and an all-around good guy. I'll be taking my NSX back to him for further service.

thanks for the followup DC!
if anyone can get a hold of Alix, let me know. i shot her an email to no avail.

the velvet sounds like the place. we should lock it in for sure.

Steve is the man. i pulled my motor last month and he came with his trailer and took it away. delivered it back with a fresh TB, cam plugs, and other little freshening up items. Very, very resourceful and a great asset to have in our community. Super nice guy and very fair pricing. he should be at the meet, so if any of you haven't met him, this is a good opporutnity.

stay posted for details on the meet....

-james

Just a heads up to let you know everyone should try to attend, if for no other reason than to see the monster James has created. Unbelievable:eek: :eek:

Doug

James, Alix has a phone number in her ad for her NSX. Just tried calling and left a message for her to call either me or you. Also explained what we're trying to set up. I think meeting at the club is a great idea, especially since they'll provide special parking for us.

John

Hello All,
Looks like there's just 5 of us available for the 14th.
99NCNSX, pixelhaus, allstar, GeNSX and Dtrigg.
Heard from healybj8, DCNSX and TomCat with regrets. Wondering if anyone else is available?????
Is there a problem with Saturday, the 14th...would Sunday the 15th be better??????
Right now it's looking like the Velvet Lounge will be the site.
Anxious to hear from ALL Raleigh area owners!!!!

Hi John,

Linda and I should be able to make it either day next weekend. We might have to bring the S2000, as the A/C in the NSX is in need of Freon again. I have the Freon, but need someone to help put it in.

Cheers,
John

Hey John,

Good to hear from you. James(pixehaus) and I are locking in the details and will post shortly. Heard from Russ this morning and he said he has computer problems and has been off line. I was going to call him this week, as well as other owners to make sure they are aware of this get together. James and I will probably call everyone to make sure they are aware of location and time.

John

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! James(pixelhaus), is selecting a restaurant in the Raleigh metro area (central to all attending) with a nice parking area. Evidently Alix has left for FL, so we've decided to NOT meet at the Velvet Longe.So far those attending include:
James, John D, John K, Doug T, Russ P, Jeff H, Max and STEVE GOODING.

Max, to your earlier question about kids attending, NO PROBLEM. Earlier when we thought we might be having this at the lounge, might have been an issue.

Look for an update SOON with name/address of the meeting location. James, Russ and I will probably make some phone calls just to make sure everyone gets the word.

John K.

UPDATE!!

Here is the plan.

Meet at <a href=http://www.michaeldeans.com>Michael Deans</a> in Raleigh (Falls of Neuse. They moved in case you didn't know) plenty of parking, so we should be able to get the group together.

RESERVATIONS MADE

Meet at 6pm - chat, check out the rides, dinner at 7pm.

We were thinking of maybe cruising into downtown for further socializing. We can discuss this at dinner.

looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Russ. He is coming by tomorrow to chill out my A/C (thanks man!), so Linda and I will be in the NSX.

-John

Glad to hear it John. I mentioned to Russ earlier today that you were in need of some assistance. Russ is quite the mechanic/technician I am discovering. Supposed to be 90 tomorrow!!!!! You'll need the air.

John

see y'all around 6 PM!

Max and Fam

Ben, several attendees took some photos. I'll encourage them to get the photos posted. We had 9 owners show (eight cars). We were able to all park in a continuous row at the restaurant....we can now reveal that the get together was in part a surprise going away party for Doug Trigg who at this very moment is driving back to San Francisco in his red 99 NSX-T. Doug almost blew it after the movers finished packing Doug up on Saturday morning, and Doug left James (pixelhaus) a message that he was going to get an early start on his trip to Frisco. Fortunately James got to him before he left and shuttled him over to the meet.

Also, Ben, I don't have a phone number for you on my Raleigh owners list. If you will, PM me with your number. I routinely call all owners in the area before an event to make sure they have heard about it.

Hi John,

My name is Tom Feilner. My wife Angie and I are going to Indiana next Friday to pick up our 1995 NSX-T.

I've been going thru the threads and came across this one today. I would like to be on your contact list for the next RDU NSX get together. Angie's a UNC graduate and has a sister living in Raleigh and we get up there now and again. She teaches gifted classes in the Robeson schools and I work at Pope AFB.

My CP is 910-670-1536 and we'd like to meet the other owners if our schedules don't conflict.

Thanks.....

Tom

Tom,
Congratulations, I am a fairly new owner myself (April 2006), but a long time fan of all things Honda. We have about 2 dozen owners in the general Raleigh area. Several of us are trying to get together more often. As a matter of fact, an owner from Miami is coming up to Raleigh on Saturday the 28th, and we are planning an impromptu get together that afternoon to meet him.

When you say you're heading up to Indiana next Friday, I am assuming you mean the 27th?...so you'll probably not be back in NC on the 28th. I assume you're driving your NSX back?

At any rate, I'll add yoiu to our owners list and make sure you get info on our Raleigh area events. There are a lot of knowledgeable owners in the area, so don't be shy about asking questions and seeking help from the group.

I can tell you from personal experience that you enjoy owning this magnificent piece of Honda engineering.

Last edited:
Back